Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is it worth it?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    luvncamrin! I was wondering how you were doing - ever since IG went bad I haven't heard from you much.
    You will be a fantastic mum to your daughter(s) because you love and cherish the one you have already. And it sounds like you've a been a great mother to her already; she sounds so sweet. If you can rise above your GD with your first dd, then of course you will do the same with any other girl you might have.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myloves View Post
    luvncamrin! I was wondering how you were doing - ever since IG went bad I haven't heard from you much.
    You will be a fantastic mum to your daughter(s) because you love and cherish the one you have already. And it sounds like you've a been a great mother to her already; she sounds so sweet. If you can rise above your GD with your first dd, then of course you will do the same with any other girl you might have.
    Thanks Myloves! It's good to see you on here again! I've been super busy enjoying my latest little guy...until this curve ball....actually more like a curve "bomb" got thrown at me=) Thanks for your kind words! I really needed to hear that!!
    Something really weird happened yesterday...DS 1 (4.5) Came up to me and said "we're going to have 6 people in our family. One more baby is in your belly and she is a girl!" I asked him who said that "I just know Mommy! I saw it in my dreams last night..." It was a little creepy considering DH and I have NEVER talked about it in front of my kids....and no one in "real life" knows about this yet!! WEIRD! I don't believe in that kinda thing....but that really caught me off guard...DS1 was also right about DS2 being a boy before I knew what I was having. I told him there was a baby in my belly...and he said "Yup, He's a boy named Logan!" That's how we got Logan Anthony! =) We'll see who's right this time in about 25 days I guess....
    07'-ds1- 10'-dd1 11'-ds2 My Dream come true Sway baby! ...& a shocking suprise due Feb 14th 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty cool! My ds1 told me that we were going to have a girl before I was pregnant with dd even though I thought any baby after ds2 would probably be another boy - and he was right! (maybe that was just wishful thinking on his part - he really wanted a baby sister).
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good point about MIL's. Hopefully we can learn from ours and be the kind of MIL we would have liked to have had. You sound like a great mom with a wise perspective. I think that whatever this little one is, you'll be totally in love. That's adorable how sweet your dd was to you! And I'm sure the boys cared but girls seem to have sensitivity chip built in a lot of times...even tazmanian devil girls, lol!

BTW I have a Logan too, Logan Phoenix, my littler one. Do you have a name picked out for both genders? I keep trying to prepare myself for ds3 by picking out a boy name that I'd be absolutely in love with, not even thinking of girl names because it hurts to hope. Maybe an awesome little girl name would get you used to the idea, just in case?
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've actually had a girl's name picked out for a while....people probably won't love it...but it has lots of meaning to me. Lexis Suzanne. Lexi was my doberman I got when I was 17. She meant the world to me....she really was my first doghter! =) She died tragically and extremely unexpectedly. I'm just now, 4 years later getting to a place where I don't cry when I think about it. I would have named my first DD after her...but the wound was still so fresh that I didn't want it to come to mind ever time I said her name. The hurt is still there ..but if this is a girl...I want her to have the name.....I know it sounds really dumb....but when @ 17 my mother abandonded me (IMO) to drinking and pills (I guess raising one kid and being a housewife was too harsh of a life for her) Lexi was the one female that was always there for me. Hopefully my daughter won't hate me for naming her after my dog....heck..hopefully I'll be able to get her cloned one day so she'll understand why! LOL
    Suzanne is my name...so I figured ...somehow through the name Lexi and I will be carried on together. The thought really gives me some peace!
    Now that you all offcially think I'm crazier than the pre- anxiety GD I already have....I will stop typing!
    07'-ds1- 10'-dd1 11'-ds2 My Dream come true Sway baby! ...& a shocking suprise due Feb 14th 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies I think I have finally found somewhere I fit in ....... I am a mum to 3 gorgeous boys ( aged 8,5 and 3 ) and both me and DH are desperate for a daughter but im just too scared. What if its a 4th boy, i know ill love him unconditionally like i do the other 3 but im worried that longng for a daughter will never go away and at 4 children we could never add to that. Its not like with ds 2 and 3 - we always thought we would have 4 so it didnt matter what sex they were but now its our final chance and im too scared. We dont think we could ever afford IVF to sperm sort and DH doesnt want to try for a 4th unless we can guarentee a girl which is not 100 % with swayingbut i dont want us to look back later in life and regret not trying for our final baby.
    Im just so confused and spend alot of time crying about this and DH just doesnt understand. he would be quite happy to just stop where we are and never have anymore.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have a Logan - my first son is Logan John :-). Mum23boys, I would personally have 4 boys than 3, so that helps me decide either way. I hope you get your girly :-). Camrin, I love the name Lexi x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can so relate to these posts!
    I have two boys aged 3 and 4, there is just 17 months between them, my husband would love 4 children but I know that 3 is enough for me regardless of whether we get a boy or a girl next. In all honesty if we had a boy and a girl now I'm not so sure we would be looking to have a third ... but who knows! I think the worst part of all this is the 'maybe next time' if my husband hadn't wanted to have any more then I would be content with my two gorgeous boys. Now we are ttc number 3 I know I have a shot at a girl again and I really would love to have that mother daughter relationship like the rest of you.

I don't have a good relationship with my mil, she has two boys and doesn't have a good relationship with me or my sil. She isn't such a nice woman unfortunately, so I guess part of me worries that it could be me in the future. Perhaps the opposite will happen though as I am so aware of how her behaviour is effecting us I will make sure I don't behave the same way when my boys are grown up and married.

Despite all my worries concerns right now if I zoom forward 20 years I am excited about seeing how much children have grown, what jobs they are doing, relationships they are in etc. I know from the two boys I have now that regardless of gender they have very different personalities and characters. To add another boy to the mix really wouldn't be so bad.

Comments wise no one (other than my mum and a close friend) knows we are ttc number 3, I am not looking forward to the comments when we are lucky enough to fall pregnant. I know my mil will make 'you hoping for a girl' comments and think we are crazy so I will have to bite my tongue.

Best of luck to everyone ttc, I hope all your wishes come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am enjoying this thread because I can relate to it so much. I don't come on this website as much as I used to and want to be able to find it again as I only got up to the 2nd page. Is there a way I can bookmark it?
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345