Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DONT DO IT !!!! If you find out and are dissaponted it will ruin the rest of your pregnancy and will upset you soooo much and may interfere with the bonding for the baby whereas when the baby is born in your arms and its a surprise if its the sex u want want an amazing moment and if it isnt then so what - as we all know once the baby is in your arms you wont care !
    The buying isnt that important really is it in the grand scheme of thing and just think how much fun you will have taking your son or daughter hopping after the birth when you feel up to it :-) a few white yellow or green bits and maybe 1 new ink or blue outift will surfice - im sure friends and family will be there with loads as soon as he / she is born.
    I know the wait will be daunting and you will always want to know etc etc but surely the feeling of not knowing is no where near as bad as the dissapointment ...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh it's not just me then that constancy thinks about thing like that!
    I found out with ds2&3, it really broke my heart with ds3 cause I truly believed that he was a girl (such different pg symptoms) was such a mental thing even to the point that I felt so attractive and beautiful cause I was finally carrying a sweet little girl I tell you I hit the floor hard and spent weeks crying and holding back the tears in front of people! Plus only myself and dh knew which was also hard got comments like "it must be a girl cause you would just tell everyone if it was just another boy" like he didn't matter I thought to myself its bad enough that his own mum is feeling like this but I didn't want everyone else to not think in anyway that he wasn't important and us mummy protect our babies even in our tummys! But the moment he was born I couldn't have cared less I love him so much.
    But after all that I do think I would find out but not tell anyone again (apart for you ladies!) because I did have time to get to terms with him being a boy! I suppose I'm to scared to give birth and then feel like I did! If that makes sense

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing to consider too: is your husband willing to stay Team Green? Mine wasn't, and still isn't interested at all in it, and the fact that he'd have to know beforehand kinda killed any interest for me in being team green.

While I was disappointed that DS2 was a boy, once I held him in my arms I truly felt nothing but pure love for him, and I'll never forget that they handed him to me and he was blowing bubbles and looked so adorable with chubby cheeks and old man hair...

OK I will stop posting in this thread now! And just quietly read what others have to say.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends on how you usually handle things.

For me, we found out with all 3...it took away the excitement and fun. If it's a girl, it will still be a girl when she gets here and if it's a boy, I will be holding him in my arms when he gets here and looking into his sweet eyes and nothing else in this world will matter. I kind of like holding my family hostage, too....LOL...its my 4th pregnancy, so it's a lot less exciting.

This time I will be focusing on the health of the baby and enjoying every single second of my pregnancy. I absolutely love being pregnant. I never get morning sickness and feeling the baby move is one of the sweetest things in life. It makes everything we endure as women tolerable to me...just to feel that little life inside.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUT...I do understand how some people might want to prepare themselves.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way of handling things.
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband is willing to stay team green...which makes it harder! I just don't know what to do! I guess I will know better when the time comes and I actually am pg.

I really like reading everyone's experiences. One thing we all know and feel = we will love our beautiful babies no matter what!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadinMom View Post
    I think it depends on how you usually handle things.

For me, we found out with all 3...it took away the excitement and fun. If it's a girl, it will still be a girl when she gets here and if it's a boy, I will be holding him in my arms when he gets here and looking into his sweet eyes and nothing else in this world will matter. I kind of like holding my family hostage, too....LOL...its my 4th pregnancy, so it's a lot less exciting.

This time I will be focusing on the health of the baby and enjoying every single second of my pregnancy. I absolutely love being pregnant. I never get morning sickness and feeling the baby move is one of the sweetest things in life. It makes everything we endure as women tolerable to me...just to feel that little life inside.
    This is exactly how I feel. This will be my 3rd pregnancy and lots of the excitement is already gone. We already know the deal about all the baby stuff - and heck it is all in our attic - and it isn't about buying all the latest and cutest things, it will be about getting cheap stuff to last only the short months they need it. I am SO over buying baby bedding and all that stuff so I need some excitement. And like you, I love being pregnant. I love feeling the kicks and when they get the hiccups. It is such a special time!!!!

With DS2, I had a harder pregnancy (2 previous m/c before it stuck), had pretty bad GD and then suffered with the other GD - gestational diabetes. I really struggled from all aspects! So, this pregnancy I just want it to be about the baby and enjoying every minute of it...from TTC and POAS (1,000 of them) to giving birth and holding the baby in my arms.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NC, I really hope I'm pregnant, because your post just made me cry. LOL!!!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. This will be my 3rd pregnancy and lots of the excitement is already gone. We already know the deal about all the baby stuff - and heck it is all in our attic - and it isn't about buying all the latest and cutest things, it will be about getting cheap stuff to last only the short months they need it. I am SO over buying baby bedding and all that stuff so I need some excitement. And like you, I love being pregnant. I love feeling the kicks and when they get the hiccups. It is such a special time!!!!

With DS2, I had a harder pregnancy (2 previous m/c before it stuck), had pretty bad GD and then suffered with the other GD - gestational diabetes. I really struggled from all aspects! So, this pregnancy I just want it to be about the baby and enjoying every minute of it...from TTC and POAS (1,000 of them) to giving birth and holding the baby in my arms.
    Oh, this really tugged at my heart and makes me soooooo want that bfp this month!

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadinMom View Post
    NC, I really hope I'm pregnant, because your post just made me cry. LOL!!!
    I really hope you are pregnant too!!!!!!!!!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast