Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    I'm in the same boat right now, except being currently preggers and trying to decide before our big scan.

I know that for me I struggled with really bad GD last time that totally melted away when I held my baby girl in my arms. I keep wishing I just hadn't known and had enjoyed my pregnancy then felt that joy as soon as I met my baby. So now I am thinking I really want to stay Team Green. I'm having a great pregnancy and don't even want to really risk GD when I know I'll love my baby whomever he or she is.

Going out and buying lots of blue would be fab, but I don't think it would outweigh knowing the GD that would come from hearing "girl" instead of "boy." So right now I'm leaning Team Green and that's why, at least for me. It's hard to decide though, because part of me is dying to know and I stalk the u/s forum lol.

Always a great thread topic!
    Wow...I could have written this word for word! I have my gender scan in 4 days and up till recently was doing good thinking of staying team green...but a HUGE part of me wants to find out cause I have a really strong feeling this is boy...and my nub guesses have mostly been boy...but I think of the chanc of hearing girl and want to cry...just trying to figure out what to do. These next 4 days will be torturous....
    '05 '06 '06 '08 '10 '11 '12 '13

Super shocking surprise BFP without ttc! EDD Jan 7, 2015 with a !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzu View Post
    I would love to have a pregnancy where I didn't even think of gender.
    This was one of my main reasons for staying team green, but I still think of it constantly!!! Wondering if it will stay that way after I have my scan if we don't find out or if I'll kick myself for not finding out.... :/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I vote hands down absolutely find out. Well that's what worked for me anyway.

I wanted pink from the start and needed to know long before my bubs arrived so there was no chance that I would feel even the slightest moment of disappointment when they arrived. Having those months to get used to the idea of blue and bond with my sons before they even got here was perfect for me. From the moment they were layed in my arms I could just bask in the glow of loving them as my sons and never ever look at them feeling disappointed.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK ladies....I need some help with this!!!!!!! I am almost 11 weeks....nub shots in 2 weeks exactly. I don't know what I want to do about finding out the gender. I want to find out so bad so I can get used to the idea of what the baby will be...but what I don't want to do is tell everyone its another boy if it does ending being a boy. And, DH doesn't understand my GD and will get upset with me if I act disappointed so I don't want to find out with him around either. So....do you think this is bad?

Go to gender scan by myself, get the tech to show me potty shot (not tell me so I don't have to lie to DH) and then I can go back and say what I "thought" I accidentally saw. If it is another boy, I can get used to it on my own and still keep saying that we aren't finding out until birth.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not many people know about the nub theory, so he wouldn't necessarily have to know what you see and most people won't ask you at this point anyway I wouldn't think. So you could act clueless until your 18-20 wk scan of you want to. Also, don't ask for a potty shot at this stage as they are way too unreliable. Nub shot is best. You can look through confirmed boy and girl nub shots on the "other" gender site a lot of people are on. That helped to prepare me at what I'm looking at! Girl would be flat, parallel to the spine and often longer than boy. ESP since you will almost be 13 weeks boys would def look anged and not flat at all with often a bump on top. GL to you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Yahmama! I think my post was confusing below! I don't worry so much about the 12 week scan and DH will not have a clue. He knows I am going to come straight here with my pics so that doesn't bother me. It is the 16-20 week scan that I want to go by myself to and have her show me the potty shot secretly. Do you think that is bad?

Hopefully I will get a good nub shot, I just worry I won't get a good one!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went o scans on my own with ds 3 and really wanted to know even though dh didnt and i chickened out at th elast min as no way i could have gone home ad hid my dissapointment / excitemement from him - plus ive never been able to keep things from him so wasnt an optio for me !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't hide things from DH either...I am terrible at any kind of white lies! If it is a boy, I would tell him straight away that I saw the willy accidentally. But at least I would have time to soak it in and not worry about faking or hiding my disappointment. IDK! This is so hard!!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think it's a great plan, Beachy...
    You already know what you're looking for...but if you don't ask for confirmation from the tech, then you really don't KNOW KNOW for sure, right? And you won't really be keeping anything from your DH that way.

Either way, I hope you have an absolutely OBVIOUS little girl scan
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I go back and forth on this. I didn't find out with my DS, and i was desperate for a girl, but when he was born I didn't have any GD. If I am ever lucky to have a second, I don't know if the obsession of gender will ruin the pregnancy. I had such a rough delivery, PPD, pregnancy with DS, that I just want to have a smooth deal next time around. I think about this daily and I am not even pregnant
    Last edited by kaseybaby; September 27th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast