Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused I've got a feeling...

So you know how they say 71% of women will accurately guess the gender of their baby just by intuition? I strongly feel I am carrying a girl but do you think my feelings of intuition are skewed by my intense desire or the fact that I swayed so hard for a girl and just expect it to be a girl? I am having a hard time deciphering between my intuition and hope at this point I guess...

Anyone else have this issue and then have it end up being the swayed gender regardless? I'm really trying not to let my hope and desire cloud my intuition but I can't stop thinking about girls.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just felt like if i concieved on Christmas Day like I was planning to (I O'ed that day) that she'd be a girl. I couldn't shake the feeling from me in the days leading up to O'ing...I felt very confident, and like this was a part of the master plan to get Lillian earth-side.

Then, after I got my BFP, I had a few doubts...like I kept telling myself to stop thinking it was a girl, that I didn't know, I was probably wrong, etc...but my gut feeling persisted, and I really did feel like she'd be a girl. On the ultrasound day I was so nervous because it was a battle between my calm gut feeling and my nerves (who didn't believe I'd be so 'lucky' to get a girl baby), and when the ultrasound tech said "it's a girl" I thought I'd cry or be astoundingly happy, but it was like she had just confirmed what I knew deep in my heart.

It is though because for so long I tried to deny my gut feeling, saying that it was nothing more than desire that was clouding my intution, but I really felt the baby was going to be a girl even before she was concieved, just like I knew the minute I took the pregnancy test that DS2 was going to be a boy, despite really wanting a girl even then.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the same Rosie, my gut feeling is telling me it is a girl but I think it is just because I have been so focused on swaying etc. Part of me keeps thinking I would be better to plan for it being another boy and then if it is a girl it will be like a massive bonus. Part of me also doesn't really care at the moment as I just want to get to the 12/13 week mark and hear the heartbeat so I know everything is ok.

The waiting part is so hard! xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it sound weird that I have a strong feeling the next will be a girl and I'm not even pregnant?!? It's really strange as I've not been good on the diet and been lazy with everything else. I really should prepare for another boy ;(
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh im so glad im not alone, i was right with the boys,i said from the start they were boys. This time prgenancy has been very different and i have also thought im carrying a girl.But like you wasnt sure if its cause deep down thats what i desire?? But then all the nub theorys im getting 50/50 answers ive got ages 7 weeks till my scan and we were going to find out but all this is killing me.
    Hope your right and you get your princess xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was right with my first 2 boys, then I "kinda thought" I was having a girl with #3 and was right. The entire time I was pregnant with #4 there was no doubt in my mind that it was a girl. I physically felt it....Nope, all boy. Told girl at 18wks then boys at 22wks. I still had doubts after the u/s but sure enough he was a boy. So with #5 I thought it was a girl again and it is this time. I just think its kinda what we want eep down and we're right half the time. lol.
    Now SIXbabies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was right with ds1, I told everyone I knew that I was getting a girl but I knew deep down inside he was a boy.
    With my second I was alot like fivebabies - I really felt that he was my girl, that I'd finally get a daughter. Wrong! He turned out to be boy#2.
    During my last pregnancy I tried my best to block any kind of 'intuition' or opinions forming in my head because I didn't want to be upset if I heard boy. But the night before my u/s, I remembered thinking 'I can't wait til I see her on the screen' out of the blue - even though I thought I didn't have an opinion on whether I having a boy or a girl. And I was 'right' again! She is all girl.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't trust my 'instincts' anymore. I was CERTAIN that both DS1 and DS2 were girls.......but I really think it was just because if my intense desire to have a girl. So I'm just going to assume my next one is another boy but hope it's a girl
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ds1 both my partner and I knew he would be a girl. We were calling him our girl. Everything felt like a girl. Well how wrong was I when he came out with something between his legs lol!!! I actually felt like I wasn't a mother as I was told at that time mother intuition is always right. I couldn't but feel like I wasn't a mother enough lmao.
    Ds2. I knew from day one he would be a he. But had doubts due to what happened with my first. But I felt like it was a boy and right I was =D
    I've had intuition into the future that I feel like I'll have a girl next. But every now and then I'll feel like its a boy. I strongly feel like I'll have a girl. However right at this moment I feel like I'll have a boy and then a girl later on =( even though I only plan on having three kids. I've also had a huge feeling I'll have twins... And trust me that is NOOO desire lol.
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with all of you. I knew what all mine were as soon as I knew I was pregnant. I knew what DS2 was the moment I conceived.
    I have been having a very strong feeling that I can't shake that my next child will be a girl. Even before we planned on another.
    So I very much believe that you can KNOW what your baby is.
    Good luck! I can't wait to hear when you've confirmed.
    Kim, 2004 2006 2009 and hoping for a 2013
    Please excuse typos/grammer, posted from my iphone

My Ovulation Chart