Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, it must be so, right?!

So far during this pregnancy, I really haven't had too many people trying to guess the gender of the baby. I'm glad about that, cause with my others it seemed like from the minute I found out, people were already telling me that it was definitely a boy. (and of course, they were always right!)

Anyway, yesterday, I'm minding my own business at the grocery store, and the teenage clerk pipes up, "Your baby is a boy, isn't it?!"

And I replied, "I don't know. We're waiting till the delivery, and I've only got about 3 more weeks till I get to find out!"

Then she replies, "Well, I KNOW it's a boy!! That's a boy belly. It's all low and in the front, and that's just like how my sister is carrying and SHE'S having a boy!"

I just said, "We'll see soon enough!"

I didn't even bother to say, "Well, if it is a boy, it will make my FOURTH!!"

Yeah, I wish people wouldn't comment about the gender at all. I can't help how my belly looks, and if it looks like "boy belly". I've never been preggo with a girl before, so I don't know what my belly would look like in that case. But, it just frustrates me when people say stuff like this. I just want to reply, "Why? Is there penis stick out?!" UGH!!
    Proud mom to 9, 7, 3 & our March 3, 2011 Surprise baby

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a lady at the check out counter at a store argue with me when she said it was a boy and I told her that in fact it was a girl and we knew it was a girl. She asked if I was sure because it didn't look like it to her!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UGH!! I don't know which case is worse! I swear, some people act like they know everything! This is why people shouldn't comment on the gender at all. It's just ridiculous to think you would be able to tell what it is just by looking at the belly!

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told girl with all 4 of my boy pregnancies. One aunt was DEAD SURE each time it was a girl.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Up until I delivered Madison I would have random old ladies tell me they were sure I was having a boy, never wrong and that my ultrasounds were wrong. (I worked in customer service). Don't let them get to you ♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is it with grocery clerks? The worst comment I ever got was from one...although it wasn't a gender comment. As I am carrying my 3 month old DD1 in her carrier, the clerk says "Wow, are you having another one already?" I replied, "No, I'm just still fat from this one," and gave her an eat shit look. And my post-baby belly wasn't even that bad! Some people just feel the need to make comments, whether they are thought through or not.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness, Lola! I'm so sorry!! When will people learn to keep their mouths shut!!

Thanks everyone else for proving that just cause the "belly" looks a certain way, doesn't really mean anything. I know it in my head, but comments like this always get to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I forgot to even make my gender-belly-related comment as I got so worked up thinking about idiot grocery clerks! With both of my girls, I had a huge "boy" belly and people used to always say "That's a boy!" which annoyed me to no end. So, I think it's a big fat OWT.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    What is it with grocery clerks? The worst comment I ever got was from one...although it wasn't a gender comment. As I am carrying my 3 month old DD1 in her carrier, the clerk says "Wow, are you having another one already?" I replied, "No, I'm just still fat from this one," and gave her an eat shit look. And my post-baby belly wasn't even that bad! Some people just feel the need to make comments, whether they are thought through or not.
    I'm with you; what is it with grocery clerks? I was just at the store with my three month old and the clerk said, "Oh, it's so nice for you to take out your grandbaby." I could have slapped her silly.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness, Yuzu!! I'm so sorry there are so many stupid people out there!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast