Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So convinced that this is another boy....can't be excited about the pregnancy :(

I am 15 weeks pregnant and had a 12 week scan 3 weeks ago. I remember seeing what I thought was a boy nub, but didn't get any print outs of a nub. I have also now being reading about the skull theory and the more I read, the more I realize that my baby has a "boy skull". I feel that there is no hope left for me to ever have a girl. It's my 3rd and last baby, I can't manage any more kids.

I feel sad and am DREADING all the comments I will be getting for the rest of my life and the GD I will be feeling forever. I really feel there is no hope left. There is still a month left before I find out the gender, but I'm sure it's a boy. I feel it's unfair why some people get their DG with their first child, while others have to try over and over again and never get their dream Why am I one of these people?

Here is my boy skull scan if anyone is wondering. (and thanks for listening to me rant )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg ul.jpg (230.2 KB, 302 views)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes i can see what you mean about boy skull shape, however you cant just rely on that theory, its not 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the skull theory! My friends have said they seen no head shape difference between their different sex babies. I know how it feels to have the wind sucked out of your sail, but your dream of a DD isn't over yet!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so much understand how you feel Claire. I wouldn't worry much about the skull theory though, as NCbeach said, there are several mothers who have both genders and say the skulls looked the same. I hope the skull theory is wrong for you of course and that you have a girl in there. I'm also very much conviced that I'm carrying a boy and that I'll never be able to hold my dd in my arms. It really seems it is so much easier for others to get their desired gender immediately, but well who knows, perhaps we are luckier in other things then they are. Seems we just have to learn to accept it however difficult it may be
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The skull theory is just for fun, my DD2 and the DS I am carrying now had the exact same skull shape in their u/s pictures

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I saw something at my 12 week but my husband and many others had me convinced otherwise! He is in fact a boy and it stings. But it's getting better and I think I will be just fine in the end especially when he is here! It isn't fair that's for sure, I think that's the hardest part... Why not me??
    I hope you're wrong and will be one of the lucky ones

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hang in there - it's better to deal with it during the pregnancy than afterward. I tried it both ways - found out with DS1 and DS2 and not with DS3. While I was not excited for the second half of my pregnancy with DS 2, I remember really feeling a sense of peace once he was born. I felt really blind-sided with GD by DS3. I let myself day-dream far too long with the third pregnancy. The fact is, you will probably have GD no matter when you find out. And while it's harder to deal with during pregnancy, in the end, you'll be better off. By the time he's born, you'll have worked through all of these feelings and you will bond with him and move on.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you feel this way. I hope you do get your desired gender! But if not, I'm sure this baby will be extra precious, you'll see! And about the comments, shame on them! Everyone should be minding their own business and family and be happy for you for getting a healthy baby. This is your baby and it's just rude if someone only looks at the gender, not the individual child. He or she will be perfect for your family

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your posts! I've been this past day trying to envision 3 little boys sitting in the bed reading a bedtime book, or 3 little boys walking next to each other (rather than 2 little boys and a girl). It helps to think that it will be very sweet and special to have 3 of the same, and think of it as something positive rather than negative. They will hopefully be great friends.

I just have to ignore the comments. They're already coming - "This just HAS to be a girl" or "Wouldn't it be great to have a girl?" or "Oooh, imagine if this is a girl??!". I'm going crazy and each time I just say "No, I'm pretty sure this is a boy", and they just continue "Yes, but just imagine if it is a girl?" And I just feel like saying SHUT UP, what are you trying to get at? If it is a boy I feel like everyone will act all disappointed, which doesn't help.

I totally agree, KidatHeart, I definitely need to know before birth. I don't want GD after giving birth, I think that will be worse than finding out during pregnancy. No point in dreaming for 9 months and getting disappointed when I see the baby.

Another month until I find out, it feels like ages...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 beautiful boys and I know exactly how you feel about the "comments" from others. When I found out my 2nd was a boy I was disappointed but realized that 2 boys would be good because they could be buddies. With DS3 I cried my eyes out for days...The first few days I cried because I was having another boy and the other days I cried because I felt like a bad mom for being so upset with having a 3rd boy. I have awful pregnancies and cannot walk for the second half so the thought of ttc again was really hard to stomach because I wasn't sure that I could go through it all again for 1 last boy! I've dreamed of a DD my whole life. I have a hard time holding my friends baby girls or even going to girl baby showers (I cannot do it, it always ends in tears) I am going to do everything I can to sway for a girl but in the end, we have to realize that we were given these special little babies (no matter the sex) because they need us as their mommy! I really hope you are having a girl because I believe every mommy needs a daughter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast