Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A question to you ladies wanting a boy

What are your dreams for parenting a boy? What are your reasons for wanting a son? Thanks for answering!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DP has gender desire, i am trying to help him.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    really difficult to answer every mother want kids of both genders so that she can experience both the worlds i think nothing particular reason behind wanting a boy some people think boy can continue their family name but now a days i don't think all the people thinking so because girls also give recognition to their family everybody having their reasons but i think having both genders of kids is dream of most of the ladies

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is hard to put into words why I always wanted a boy. I wanted that mother/son relationship. I remember seeing a teenage boy hugging his mom and joking with her and I just thought that was so special. I always saw myself cheering my boy on with sports and being so proud of them. I always wanted that boy to be a helper to the family and to be responsible and ultimately to be like DH and a great father and husband.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine was fairly simple.

I always wanted a mixed family. Never more than two children (funnily enough, now my dreams is two girls so theres perfect balance!)! Preferably I wanted a boy first, then a girl. Then he could protect his sister! But I had a girl first, who passed away, and because she had a chromosomal abnormality that only affects girls I desperately wanted a boy second time.

I didn't sway, consciously (turned out I did a perfect boy sway), and got preggers on the pill. I cried my eyes out when I heard "it's a boy!" and I can't remember feeling happier then when they gave me him. First time I really smiled and laughed since our DD passed away..

My hopes for my boys.. well.. To be frank, I want them to be just like their dad, only a bit more in touch with their emotions. To me he is as close to perfection in a man as I think I'm going to get! I am so proud of him for being the way he is - and I so dearly hope my sons will grow up the same, although it would probably be a good thing if they got a bit more of my sensitivity and communication skills
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted a boy because my DH and my dad are two of my favorite people in the world. I wanted to have a boy just like them.
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for answering! The reason why I want to know is that I, like many women here, want a girl. I love seeing women desperately wanting boys too. It helps for me to read, so I can feel ok about having only sons.

Keep them coming

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had major gender disappointment with DS3, but nowhere to go with those those feelings so I didn't tell anyone about how much it hurt. Once DS3 made it safely through his nicu stay and came home, I felt very lucky to have him and figured we'd try for a girl one day. When we were ready to ttc, I found IG and was delighted to try gender swaying. DH was very against the diet though and said if I don't eat 'healthier' he's not going to ttc. So I ditched the diet but tried the other non food swaying; supplements, negative ions, ect. Months of no bfp and then we took a break, I got a fertility work up just to be sure and had DH get it too. We spent all the savings I had tucked away for a midwife to find out DH had secondary infertility. Long story short; ivf w/ icsi, sperm donation for iui or look into adoption. After a long discussion, we decided on a sperm donor. Within 4 cycles, we had a bfp. Along the way, came the realization that gender wasn't as important as it had been, I wanted whoever was up there waiting for us. We were blessed with a beautiful little boy but sadly was lost to an incompetent cervix.

DH and I ended up with a very surprise pregnancy just as we were preparing for our son's memorial. I'm hoping for another boy, I'm proud of being an all boy mom. I do wonder what a little girl would be like in our family but I guess we may never know. DH says we could save up for ivf but I really don't want to. If there is any possibility at all that having a weak cervix is genetic, I do NOT want to pass this on to any little girl of mine.

My hopes for each of them is to be like their Dad, in touch with their feelings, romantic, strong work ethics and continue to love and take pride in their education. The older two love helping out others, constantly volunteer to assist their teachers, my youngest is a delight in class. It's awesome to see little girls in his class fuss all over him lol. I feel truly lucky to be their mom.
    Last edited by TT_3814; November 4th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    DS1 2000 DS2 2002 DS3 2007 4/2012 baby boy 4/9/13

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My whole life, all I ever wanted was a son. I never even really wanted more than one child, unless our first was a daughter. I am a daddy's girl, like most girls, and have never really had a close connection with my mom. I wanted a "Mommy's boy," a boy that would always love me more than anything else in this world, even his wife! I see how close my DH is to his mom, and it makes me cry all the time.

I've never been a "girly-girl," and when I found out my first was a girl I was devastated. I don't like pink and don't know how to do a little girl's hair, and even to this day my almost-2-year old girl cries when I brush her hair or try to put her in a dress. She doesn't like any of the traditional girl stuff.

I always wanted my "little man," so sweet in those ways that only little boys are, that I could watch grow up into a gentleman and turn out like his father. My husband is the last male in his family since his brother passed away at 20, and we always dreamed of a son we could honor his fallen brother with by giving him his name. Now I am pregnant with #2 and just found out a few weeks ago that it is another girl. I'm 38, and this is almost definitely our last baby (for physical and financial reasons.) Now all my lifelong hopes and dreams for a son are dead, and I can't seem to get over it.

I feel guilty posting in these forums where so many women so desperately want a little girl and all I've ever wanted was a little boy, but this is the only place I feel I can come and anyone could understand what I am going through. I can't even look at little boys without crying, and I am so sad and jealous any time I hear another friend is pregnant with a boy. If it is more likely to conceive a boy than a girl, why did I fail twice?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sbmommy - Don't feel bad for posting about your GD and for wanting a son. Your reasons for wanting a boy is just as legit as for women wanting a girl, we all understand. For me, who wants a girl, I don't get hurt that you want a boy. It's good to hear that other people want what I've got, IYKWIM. I totally understand your heartache, it's the same for everyone with GD. Your dream is shattered, and we all have different dreams. I hope you get a son one day, and that your daughters will give you some of what you dreamed of. Personally, my sons have given me most of what I dreamed of in a family, even though my original dreams included daughters. Hugs to you mama, we all understand!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast