Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

"I got a (insert DG) by doing this"....

....if I have to hear this any more, I might vomit. (Not from folks on here, of course).

Suddenly, now that I am pregnant with my third, after two of the same, EVERYONE has these random things they did to "get a girl." Whether it is a grandmother-type with something particularly random (she wore her hair in curlers and that was how she got her girl). Or someone who actually does know a very little bit about (false) swaying (oh, I just had sex a week before ovulation and that's how to get a girl). They ALL think there are these tried and true ways to get a girl.

I want to scream at them "if you saw some of the ways people I "know" try to scientifically get a girl and STILL don't, you would shut your mouth really quick." I don't know why it suddenly bothers me. Maybe because we DID try a couple things to get a girl and I am sensitive to the stuff I see as "rubbish." Or maybe it irritates me because the LE diet and low blood sugar and sleeping like crap is not fun and I am convinced it didn't matter and we are having a boy anyway.

But, of course, if I had sex in the kitchen, that is a sure fire way to get a girl (Please excuse my rant, I am feeling a bit testy today)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hate all the stupid comments ppl say. I really had geared up to hear an earful since we are pg with #3...the norm is 2 kids...and surprisingly, ppl haven't been too bad. Now when we have to tell everyone it is boy #3, that will be a different story but at least I don't have to worry about it for another 5 months!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only reason I discovered swaying at all was because my MIL told me to have a boy I needed to DTD standing up. So I actually just googled it and ended up on IG. But seriously the most obnoxious advice is the advice that is unsolicited.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I absolutely HATE it!!!! I got 4 boys so EVERYONE feels like I need help because obviously I am not doing it right lol but really? and the advice they give me I have been there and done that and OWTs, so annoying dont they know that by now I have done my own research and I dont need their help just because you were blessed with your pigeon pair, or got your desired gender the 3rd time around by doing something simple by just having sex on certain days in your cycle and voila its that simple , that doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone, I am happy for those that got their desired gender doing something simple but that doesnt make you an expert, but if someone actually knows what they are talking about then I am all ears but most the time its the ones that never really tried that want to give me advice
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im just going to tell everyone from 12 weeks that we know its a boy so i dont have to hear comments all the way through my pregnancy that way if we end up with a girl the will be as surprised as us !!! ha ha
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes, it drives me nuts. It's irritating because they have what we want and it's like they're telling us they did it right and we did it wrong. 'If only you were thinking more positive, you'd get your girl' Oh that's it, right...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate that. If all that stuff really worked, we wouldn't have a GD website and GD wouldn't exist at all. We all wish there was an easy answer.
    2007 2010 green team baby due 1/29

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My coworker is convinced he has a book that works, and that everyone he knows that used it got their DG. He told me that he's going to give it to me so that I have a girl next. I have not (obviously) mentioned one thing about wanting a girl or anything, so I almost found it offensive that he thought I NEEDED a girl. That being said, he is the nicest guy in the world so can't stay mad at him and his wife went through a lot of GD because three boys and then they bought this book, so maybe he's just trying to help.
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    ....if I have to hear this any more, I might vomit. (Not from folks on here, of course).

Suddenly, now that I am pregnant with my third, after two of the same, EVERYONE has these random things they did to "get a girl." Whether it is a grandmother-type with something particularly random (she wore her hair in curlers and that was how she got her girl). Or someone who actually does know a very little bit about (false) swaying (oh, I just had sex a week before ovulation and that's how to get a girl). They ALL think there are these tried and true ways to get a girl.

I want to scream at them "if you saw some of the ways people I "know" try to scientifically get a girl and STILL don't, you would shut your mouth really quick." I don't know why it suddenly bothers me. Maybe because we DID try a couple things to get a girl and I am sensitive to the stuff I see as "rubbish." Or maybe it irritates me because the LE diet and low blood sugar and sleeping like crap is not fun and I am convinced it didn't matter and we are having a boy anyway.

But, of course, if I had sex in the kitchen, that is a sure fire way to get a girl (Please excuse my rant, I am feeling a bit testy today)
    That is so annoying! I think the worst part is they are implying that you are not good enough, sufficient, etc because you don't have a girl.

I got so much crap when I was prego with DD3, I really regret telling people the gender once I knew. If I did it over I would say the baby didn't cooperate.

I honestly think people are harder on all boy moms about getting a girl than the other way around. The crap we heard with DD3 was "OMG, your poor husband!" much more than, "don't you want a boy??".

I wanted to slap a lot of people when I was pregnant....

My Gender Dreaming