Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Funny, Tigger! DS2 and DS3 are fascinated by nail polish. I even once painted DS2's nails. A

My DS1 loves it when I wear bright nail polish he just takes my hand and stares. he is also fascinated when I put on make up.

My GD tends to come on when I hear about yet another person having a DD although a day doesn't go by when I dont think about the sex of our next baby - sometimes I do genuinely feel like I would like another boy though especially when I see pictures of 3 cute little boys some of the ladies on here have and I hate girls clothes I much prefer shopping for boys
    Mummy to 2 very handsome little men who are my world

DS1(4)
    DS2(2)

Preggers with ooops baby due April
    Either sex most welcome

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this going to sound really daft but when i heard kate and william were pregnant it made me feel like i stood even less chance at a dd, if someone like her, beautiful, pretty, stylish, sophisticated is in the running, what chance do i have? It also seems harder when women in my position get their dd, usually it gives me faith that it can happen but its rare (most hear boy) and since i've been in the running it feels like it lowers my chances, although i am happy for them - weird huh

ps whats metformin?
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine comes and goes as well. I think it's worse when I see a cute little girl, or see the pretty clothes or think about fixing their hair. But now after TTC unsuccessfully for a few months, I am just wanting to get pregnant. I do get my "fix" by some sweet snuggles with my 18 month old, so I think my GD would be worse if I didn't have a liitle one still around, kwim?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_P View Post
    ps whats metformin?
    Pfft.. Kaity-smaity.. Luckily we don't get our children from the same pot, so of course you got a chance of a DD - as much as Kate does! Besides, she might have a very high protein diet, high vitamin too I'd assume. Plus they'd make sure she's got stable bloodsugar. All I think her diet is, is calorie controlled to prevent unsightly weightgains.

Metformin is a drug used in diabetes and PCOS to stabilise bloodsugar. If I don't take mine I gain weight uncontrollable despite sticking to a calorie limit (i.e. 1700 kcal).
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies. I'm not new, I've been writing in the Dutch corner for 2 years already. But still I'm searching for fellow mums to share my feelings with.
    I'm à mum to 4 boys. Last one was my oeps-baby. 4 children and that feeling keeps on coming stronger every day.
    Does it affect your daily lives aswell?
    proud Mummy to
    #1 (2004) #2 (2006) #3 (2011) #4 (2012)

for a someday!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think its pretty normal for GD to come and go. It would hit me at weird times as well...often looking through old pictures of me and my dad. Or seeing my childhood dolls that I would never get to pass down to a daughter (so it felt). I also had that weird feeling that my chances were less with every person who announced or heard girl. I don't know what that is about, but it felt realistic to think that if my cousins had a bunch of girls, I would be the one announcing boy. Even though I know it has nothing to do at all with THEY have, it felt like it did.

(oh, my older DS loves nail polish as well. He is very much into fire trucks mostly...but also enjoys a good set of purple fingernails. Lol)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been trying to put it out of my mind until the gender scan (late January). So far it hasn't been too hard with the holidays keeping me super busy, and in a good way. I've been mentally telling myself it's a boy (though hoping for a girl!), so as to prepare myself. I dragged the kids to church the other day and I didn't pray for a girl, I prayed for an easier time dealing with GD if it was a boy. I did just get good results from the prescreening, so I'm very relieved on that front.

I'm really hoping that if this is boy #4, that I will accept it as God's plan. I'm actually not a very religious person, but I do put stock in things working out for the best and that there is a reason that I'm on this path. Whoever this child is, he/she really wanted to be part of this family and I hope that I can accept any disappointment quickly. I'm hoping also that since I dealt with bad gd with the last one, that at least I know what to expect. I felt so blind-sided by the birth of my third boy. I had never heard the term GD before and came across it quite by accident when searching online after he was born. Having words to express myself helps a lot.

With regards to your question, see if the GD is going away at times when you are naturally busy / active / happy with your situation / having fun with the kids. I'd say that has as much to do with it as hormones.
    200320052008:2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol my boys love watching strawberry shortcake and brave. And also LOVE nail polish.
    I have to say my gender desire was worse after my loss.
    With number 3 I wanted to hear girl so badly but also felt deep down if I didn't hear it , there was a reason I was meant to have 3 boys. This time around it was bad, I was at the same time and still am very scared of just losing the baby regardless of gender, but I had felt completely robbed and I don't think I would have handled it well.
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely think there could be a hormonal basis for gender desire. When I was pregnant with boy #2 I didn't think about gender very much. When I found out he was a boy I was perfectly content. I got excited about decorating his room. I bought a really cute boy-mom diaper bag. This was it--our family was going to be two boys! I gave away my maternity clothes and most of my newborn things when he was six months old. Then BAM, my hormones started to return to normal after weaning and ever since I have felt there is a girl missing. Yes, I think it might be mother nature suckering me into continuing the species.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think mine ever goes away. It's more like a sleeping giant. I don't think it is hormones but maybe just the ebb and flow of life?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12