Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A question...

Does anyone else find that their desire for a certain gender is sometimes really strong, then goes away or dies down for a bit, then comes back with a vengeance? Why do you think this might be? Could it be hormones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hormones definitely affect your moods. So for sure, something like GD which is almost a form of depression, can certainly be exacerbated by hormones.

I guess I'm lucky, my GD has always been a fleeting 'wouldn't it be nice if' sort of thing and not the painful experience some women get. I mostly get a feeling of yearning when I see really cute baby girls around, or adorable baby girl clothes in the stores. But honestly, I don't ever stew on it at home and I don't ruminate on it outside of feeling a bit of jealousy seeing little girls out and about. Hah, funny enough, I have absolutely NO yearning when I see teenaged girls! I know I'm lucky that my GD isn't that bad.

I still get a high sniffing DS3's chubby gooby cheeks and his warm little neck, so I guess my drug of choice is still my little guy. Whenever I feel GD I just go give DS3 a snuggle and blow some tummy raspberries and I instantly feel better.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I got DD I noticed that mine would almost completely vanish to the point where sometimes I would see little girls and almost feel repelled by them (I don't think girls are repellent or anything, I think it was some kind of psychological defense mechanism). Then it would come back again. Sometimes I'd be having a bad day or sometimes it was being reminded of something that I had hoped to do or experience with a daughter. I never thought it could be hormones but maybe.

I always had the worst GD for teenage girls and young adult women, isn't that funny??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, that's really funny! I ache the most at those freaking adorable Easter dresses and ruched pinafore sewing patterns. Sigh.

But then when I see 9-11 year olds in those godawful low rise jeans showing their bellies, I get a total repulsed feeling, LOL!

I think my defence mechanism was pushing my boys into 'girly' activities, LMAO. Alas the knitting didn't work out but it helps my GD that I still get to drive a kid to dance! It does help too that all my life I like 'boy' toys far better than girlie ones. I'll take Lego over Barbie ANYDAY, tyvm. Though I am rather tired of trucks and Hot Wheels.

I will also confess to forcing my kids to watch Princess-y Disney movies like Enchanted with me. *shifty look*
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine does i sometimes have moments where i would be fine with another boy and just want to be pregnant but mostly since my bfp its been varying degrees of horrid - although before we decided to ttc it was pretty much under control just odd normal pangs, for me pregnancy has definitely fulled it (i suppose its cause its saying good bye to my last chance)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Atomic, that's really funny! I ache the most at those freaking adorable Easter dresses and ruched pinafore sewing patterns. Sigh.

But then when I see 9-11 year olds in those godawful low rise jeans showing their bellies, I get a total repulsed feeling, LOL!

I think my defence mechanism was pushing my boys into 'girly' activities, LMAO. Alas the knitting didn't work out but it helps my GD that I still get to drive a kid to dance! It does help too that all my life I like 'boy' toys far better than girlie ones. I'll take Lego over Barbie ANYDAY, tyvm. Though I am rather tired of trucks and Hot Wheels.

I will also confess to forcing my kids to watch Princess-y Disney movies like Enchanted with me. *shifty look*
    My boys love enchanted and beauty and the beast is my fav disney film and they watch that with me. I kinda figure its a good education for them, they are going to grow up to be someone's prince one day (apart from mine) at least they will know what to do and how to sweep someone off their feet LOL
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys love Tangled and wedding dresses! Especially if they have lots and lots of sparkle on them! They also have a thing for kittens which I think may have been mummy-induced. My OH says I've permanently scared them

Mine is definitely like that. A few weeks ago I found myself crying in the bathroom in a supermarket, because I just felt it all so acutely at that moment. All the cute baby girl clothes, the little Christmas dresses - I forgot I had come in to buy my DS1 new gloves as soon as I saw it and just had a meltdown. Ran for the loo instead. Bah! (I pulled myself together and got the darn gloves!)

But then this week it isn't bad at all. I'm quite OK having another boy! I saw One Born Every Minute - what happened next, the episode with the mum who have 5 boys, and thought "well, maybe it won't be so bad having another boy after all!" and well.. I don't think it will. If anything, it will be cheap! Still have all the boys baby clothes and toys. And I've fallen in love with this baby line which is all lime green - it has a pink option, but the lime green draws me in a lot more. And if we have a girl I'll feel compelled to buy the pink one and it's just such a garrish pink..!

I'm sure when/if I fall pregnant my GD will come back with a vengeance.. I try not to think about it. My sway will probably be a bit lazy... will do metformin, clomid as I have to, baby aspirin, folic acid, LE diet and then nothing else.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt the best I've ever felt in regards to GD after my miscarriage. It's like it almost vanished for a bit. Now it's horrible and nasty and I hate having it.

If I hear boy on Monday (when I was scanned last I saw a boy nub sure I did) then I'm going to go for hypnotherapy to see if I can ease it. Worth a try.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny, Tigger! DS2 and DS3 are fascinated by nail polish. I even once painted DS2's nails. And, DS2 loves to compliment me on my clothes "Pretty dress, mommy!". And DS2 is in dance.

Hmmmmm....... Kinda makes you wonder, eh?

I'd really wonder except he's really rambunctiously boy too.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really does!! My landlord (and OHs boss) is always laughing at me and joking I'm turning DS1+2 gay and I'm like "Yea well atleast they won't turn into you then!" (which just makes him laugh --- he's notorious! Flirts with anything that moves despite being married)
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast