Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling guilty about thinking/talking about this baby maybe a girl..

I just have this guilty feeling that I shouldn't be talking about this baby and hoping it to be a girl. I am not sure why. I was talking to my mom on the phone and we are very close. But I blurted out how if this is a girl I would do this color scheme, and do these kinds of bows. When I got off the phone I wanted to kick myself in the head for telling her all of that. I felt guilty. I also feel now that if this baby is not a girl, I am going to be letting her down for some odd reason! I am praying for God to give me some kind of peace and stop these feelings. I should to happy and optimistic right??

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you're struggling. GD is a bit of a hairy beast isn't it? My mother used to tell, "you can feel guilty for your actions but not for your feelings". To which I would counter "what about if I'm acting on my feelings?" I was always such a smartass. Sorry navy, I hope you are able to find some peace...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having a really bad GD day myself actually. I just wanted to send you well wishes and hope that you're feeling better soon.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's normal, I also had that same feeling when we found out #2 was another boy, it's like I was letting everybody down...
    Mom to &
    with boy #3, trying to accept the fact I'll never have a daughter
    English is not my language

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can relate and I'm not even pregnant yet.
    When we decided we were going to ttc this summer and for a girl. I blabbed away that we wanted another baby and how I was hoping it would be a girl. I feel like such and idiot because if this baby is boy then every one will know I'm disappointed or at least think I am. I don't want people to think I won't be happy with this pregnancy if it's not a girl.

I will be excited no matter what because this is our first planned pregnancy . So girl or boy this is something to look forward to! I also won't be heart broken if it's a boy because no matter what we decided we would have two more kids! I just want this one to be a girl soooo bad because I want the last to wait until birth to found out the gender. I feel like until I have my girl I will want to know right away.
    9 3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meeee toooo!!!
    Sometimes I feel so sure and content I will have a girl, then the same feeling for a boy too.
    Being not sure sucks

hugs to all.
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really feel like I'll be letting anyone down, and I don't care if people know we are wanting a girl. Sometimes I feel guilty though because I'll pray for that girl, and then think, what if it's a girl, but something is wrong with her? I feel like I am jinxing myself sometimes. Ultimately I want a healthy baby, AND I want a girl. I don't think God is there to play some sick joke like the jeanie wishes that people get what they "technically" asked for, but with a twist. Sigh...I just need to find out what it is so I can start to deal.
    Mom to three wonderful boys and growing baby boy #4.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your support ladies. It is nice to know I am not alone with these feelings. With DS2 I convinced myself he was a girl, even paid for an early gender scan to find out its another boy and leaving there crying. I want to say this is a girl, but I keep telling myself you were wrong last time, don't get your hopes up again. I won't be paying for an early gender scan, I will find out at my regular ultrasound at my doctors.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Thank you so much for your support ladies. It is nice to know I am not alone with these feelings. With DS2 I convinced myself he was a girl, even paid for an early gender scan to find out its another boy and leaving there crying. I want to say this is a girl, but I keep telling myself you were wrong last time, don't get your hopes up again. I won't be paying for an early gender scan, I will find out at my regular ultrasound at my doctors.
    This is just what happened to me. But I had ALL my in laws in the waiting room of the u/s, they insisted they wanted to go (they were anxious for a girl), so I even couldn't cry because I didn't want to show I was disappointed, although I don't think I could hide my disappointment very well. And when we got out and said "it's another boy" my mil and sil jumped shouting "wohoo" like in happiness, believe me, that was the most fake happiness act I've ever seen. Ridiculous. Then we all went to dinner, blah blah... Any good memories of that day.
    I'm not going to tell anybody when I'm going to the u/s next time. That's if I can get pregnant again, it's not easy for me to get pregnant...
    Mom to &
    with boy #3, trying to accept the fact I'll never have a daughter
    English is not my language

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness!! I couldn't imagine! I would feel the same way you did. I don't plan on telling anyone when my u/s is this time either. Except for DH. But the other day I even told DH maybe I want to just go by myself so I can deal with it on my own because I also feel like I am letting him down too. He wants a girl too. He is definitely more optimistic than me, he thinks he have a good shot at a girl this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast