Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok this is quiet random

Are older men more prone to one gender than the other? I don't know maybe because certain levels in their bodies increase with age or in some bid to pass on genetics.

I'm only 26, but my DH is 44

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Older dads may father slightly more daughters but it is certainly nothing to count on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you, it was one of those weird things that popped into my head, DH and I had been talking about men losing hair last night and he said it was weird how it doesn't happen to women. I remembered being told bald men had more testosterone and it made me wonder if certain levels rose as they got older.
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually male-pattern baldness is marked on a gene that is sex-linked (but not in the actual sex chromosome). It has been speculated that women who are heterozygous (it is extremely rare, although not impossible for a woman to receive two copies of the gene) for male pattern baldness often have PCOS and that is a sign that they are generic carriers for it. Which means that all throughout their lives the individuals who are marked with the gene for male-pattern baldness would have higher levels of testosterone (as we know women who have PCOS are naturally higher in testosterone), not necessarily only when the hair starts to fall out. Thus it not likely that all older men produce more of one gender, although it IS possible that men who have male pattern baldness will produce more males throughout their lifetime, given their slightly higher testosterone make-up (if it is even enough to make a real difference, which I have no idea about!)

That said...I know older men, with and without signs of baldness, who produce both male and female offspring. I do think there are plenty of aspects of swaying that hold far more weight.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its just something we were talking about really. My DH still has all his hair, but was saying how you can see on little boys that the area where hair first goes at the sides of the forehead is naturally thinner and lighter if they have it very short. Like its ready to go as soon as they are old enough. It was a random observation he was making that just got me thinking if hormone levels effected it and if so if it was enough to effect their likely hood to produce more of one gender than another, rather than having anything to do with swaying.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband and his fraternal twin brother have been going bald since early twenties. He is 38 now and almost completely bald on the top. We have had 3 boys together and this one is a girl.I am 36. His brother has one daughter who is 7.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting observation. My partner is 41 and 16 years older than me and we have had boys together and he has a bald spot. I hope the bald spot does not make him make more boys because I want a girl so much and was hoping the older he got, the more likely we would get one
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think from what I read above that starting to go bald when they are older is more just an age thing than a testosterone thing although I might have got the wrong end of the stick.
    I really hope you get your girl.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think aging would lightly sway pink for men as it does for women but I have seen no hard evidence. I would guess that it would be because Y sperm are somewhat more likely to have defects especially with age so you might be less likely to have a viable male embryo, but again I'm just theorizing. Anecdotally, my dad had a girl at 36 and another (me) at 44 and he is bald. My brother is bald and had BGB in his 20's. Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Dad is Bald and had B,G,G,G, he had his hair when he had B and bald when he had Girls!!
    Also my DH is 11 and half years older than me (51) and we have all boys, he also he a very high sperm count!!
    I have no hope
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast