Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a girl because I see the amazing bond between my sons and DH b/c they want to be just like him and do everything just like Daddy does and I would love to have that same type of relationship with a little girl. Also, when boys grow up and get married, it just seems that mom kind of has to take a major step back so as not to "overstep" with the daughter in law. But I feel like you can always "mother" your little girl, especially if/when she has children of her own.

I have to admit though, I'm completely overwhelmed at the thought of putting together cute outfits and making sure her hair is cute all the time, etc. I'm a very girly person, but I've gotten so used to taking care of little boys, that all that extra effort seems very daunting.
    Last edited by BoysMamaTTC4aGirl; April 26th, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Casey and Will married since 2003
    Lincoln 2009 Jasper 2011
    Planning to sway to meet God halfway TTC Aug/Sept 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I also don;t want to be the MIL too. I'd love to talk to my daughter about my pregnancies when she is pregnant and give her advice and be the maternal grandmother.
    I also really want my partner to experience having a daughter. He is really good looking with amazing green eyes, dark hair and china doll like skin. It is a bit shallow and vain but I want to see what a girl of his looks like cos I think she could be a real beauty. His two older sons are really really handsome and you can see girls looking at them.
    I don't care if she looks like me though, I just want a girl!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is another reason too ,i dont want to always just be the MIL and the "other" grandparent

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't know for sure why I want a girl. I just want one of each gender. I'd be swaying for a boy if my DS was a DD.

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always wanted both genders!! I think you want what you cant have most of the time, everybody I have met with curly hair for example wants strait and vice versa. I am one of those... I want one because I don't have one, if it was reversed I would be obsessive for blue ( I am 100% sure of this) and I REALLY want to prove all those NOSEY busy body's wrong who keep saying I will never get a girl, I am not girly enough to be a good girl mum!
    I also REALLY REALLY want to give my very close and loving parents a granddaughter as they have made no secret about wanting one I feel they deserve a granddaughter as much as I deserve a daughter.
    My partner wants his own little girl to "protect" as well!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow baby View Post
    I have always wanted both genders!! I think you want what you cant have most of the time, everybody I have met with curly hair for example wants strait and vice versa. I am one of those... I want one because I don't have one, if it was reversed I would be obsessive for blue ( I am 100% sure of this) and I REALLY want to prove all those NOSEY busy body's wrong who keep saying I will never get a girl, I am not girly enough to be a good girl mum!
    I also REALLY REALLY want to give my very close and loving parents a granddaughter as they have made no secret about wanting one I feel they deserve a granddaughter as much as I deserve a daughter.
    My partner wants his own little girl to "protect" as well!
    We almost have the exact same reasons...the only difference is that my parents have granddaughters from both of my siblings now that the SIL and brother had a girl last year after 2 boys! I always wanted the chance to raise both and if we had 2 girls, I would have swayed my heart out for blue!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTC a girl mainly for family balancing on DH's side. DH is really looking forward to the father/daughter bond. That, and he says he'd love a mini version of me. Not sure that's entirely a good thing!

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't wait to be the MIL!!!!!! This isn't why I want blue but its a great bonus now you ladies have mentioned it lol!!!!

I have wanted add some more blue to the family as DH said I can have as many children as I want just as long as I kept the blues ahead of the girls! When the girls were storming ahead he was looking happy to pull the plug, but a little bit of, well generally bullying! from me meant I was lucky enough to have now maybe? have evened it up, meaning I am free to maybe sneak a few more

MIL, I cannot wait!!!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read any other answers yet, but my story is just like yours. As a child, I feel I have tried so hard to be close to my Mum, but she didn't care and didn't seem like she wanted a girl. I always admired other girls having a great relationship with their moms and felt like I was missing out on something.
    Having a daughter is the only chance I have now to have such a mother/daughter relationship which seems to be so special.
    I hope your dream will still come true!!! Wishing you the best of luck for your sway!
    2008 (IUI) and
    2010 (IUI)

so much for a or
    1st cycle at **** in October 2012 - ER on 10/13: 25 eggs retrieved, 21 fertilized, 11 went to biopsy:
    9 abnormal xy, 1 abnormal xx, 1 normal xy and NO healthy girls

Now planning to go to Dr. Potter in fall 2013. Sooo looking forward to it!

Cannot believe it! Holding a positive pregnancy test in my hands on 1/7/13. Just like that, no help at all. Hoping and praying so hard for a
    18 week scan says it really is a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Longingforgirl View Post
    I haven't read any other answers yet, but my story is just like yours. As a child, I feel I have tried so hard to be close to my Mum, but she didn't care and didn't seem like she wanted a girl. I always admired other girls having a great relationship with their moms and felt like I was missing out on something.
    Having a daughter is the only chance I have now to have such a mother/daughter relationship which seems to be so special.
    I hope your dream will still come true!!! Wishing you the best of luck for your sway!
    thanks I feel like I have a hole in my heart that only having a daughter could fix, as much as I love all my sons
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast