Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive never been someone who wanted more than 1 girl, i always imagined having 2 boys then a girl. My mom died when Ds2 was 8 months old and although i have always wanted a girl i think the desire to have 1 got more after that, i think more than anything i want to replace the mother/daughter bond i have lost. I see my sister in laws doing thing with their mom's and their own daughters too and it breaks my heart to even think i may never get to experience that :-(

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boys,boys.boys!!! View Post
    Ive never been someone who wanted more than 1 girl, i always imagined having 2 boys then a girl. My mom died when Ds2 was 8 months old and although i have always wanted a girl i think the desire to have 1 got more after that, i think more than anything i want to replace the mother/daughter bond i have lost. I see my sister in laws doing thing with their mom's and their own daughters too and it breaks my heart to even think i may never get to experience that :-(
    Same here, I only ever wanted one daughter. I always dreamed of having two boys and a girl and I think if I had to choose all one or the other it would be boys but it breaks my heart thinking I will never get to experience that special Mother daughter relationship. It must be hard having lost your Mum I remember someone losing their Mum who had all boys who was done having kids and she was devastated that she would never have a Mother/Daughter relationship again. Hugs to you and I hope you get your girl
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a daughter to dress her up cute, have a mini me, i want my husband to have a daddys girl. I think he would fall in love with a girl. Hes in loce with our bots but i just think it would be different with a girl

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's funny, some people had a terrible relationship with their mother and want a chance to rectify it. Some people had a great relationship with their mother, and want the same thing for themselves in the future. The frilly, frivolous stuff is always mentioned, but so is the longing to have someone just 'get' you the way your boys might not (even though some boys are closer to their mothers than girls are). At the end of the day, I'm convinced it's biological. It's evolutionary. It's a force stronger than anyone of us can know. You can put a zillion reasons down, all valid because you feel them, but I really think that it's a built-in emotion. Men wanted boys to help them hunt and gather. Women wanted girls to help them care for the family. We all want a mini-me to carry on our own legacy when we're gone.

Don't be too hard on yourself - sometimes we just can't explain what the heart wants!
    200320052008:2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a girl for various reasons. I have two sons and they are my universe. they are from my previous mariage and i would not want my current partner to have any comparison issues etc. Since he just wants a child and i want a girl, it works out pretty good
    obviously i also want a girl because when my sons grow up and have their own kids, they might be closer to the maternal grandmother...so of course i want to have grandchildren that are closer to me.
    besides that, having a girl is pretty scary...not looking forward to the teen years - especially since i will most likely be dealing with menopause...fun (NOT).
    '96
    '99
    embarking on a journey for HT/PGD or

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be the odd one out

Growing up we were a family of all girls. I was a tomboy. I did a lot of babysitting and found the boys much easier to handle for me: easier going, much cooler toys . Girls seemed like too much drama and emotion.

So as an adult, I just expected to have boys, with maybe 1 girl as it would be nice to experience both.

I had 2 girls. I refused to dress my oldest in anything too pink or frilly at first. I got over that eventually and have really come to appreciate my girls. My world for awhile was filled with pink, purple, glitter, and sparkles. I didn't have a great relationship with my mom, but my daughters and I have a pretty cool relationship. It's taught me a lot and has been healing in a way.

Now, as my youngest is 12 years old, I've gone through a divorce, single motherhood, and remarriage, I've just never gotten over the longing to have a boy, my buddy. We are starting HT this month to find him.

Good luck to all of us!
    37 (me); 42 (DH)

Stepson, 17yo
    Stepdaughter 14 yo, Daughters 13yo & 12yo
    Starting HT for Finally...just beginning pre-testing after 2+ years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted 1 of each like most people, I always thought before I had kids that I would have all boys probably because I was a tomboy growing up. I had a good relationship with my mother, not during my teenage years though lol it wasn't really until I was married and having kids of my own that we actually became really close. My relationship with my dad was and is indescribable, i am daddy's little girl all the way, he is my universe, I talk to him more than my mom, we still have daddy and daughter date nights and I'm 34! I confide in him and there is nothing I hide from him. So when I started trying for kids initally i wanted a daughter because I wanted my husband to experience exactlly what I had with my dad. When I had DD2 I didn't have GD but I longed for a boy because all my friends would tell me how boys love their mommies, I figured it had to be something like girls are with their dads and I wanted to experience that.

2007 2008 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was raised by my grandparents so i never had a mother daughter relationship and was and still am not close with my grandmother either.
    i dont have any close female relationships - i do not get along with my sister, my own mother has been around but i dont really think of her as a mother.
    I want that mother daughter relationship that i missed out on. i have 6 boys and likely expecting a 7th boy so i will never get that chance

i would also love a little girl because my boys are always aksing for a sister and ask why they cant have one and why we have so many boys and no girls.
    i feel it's important that they experience having a sister.

and lastly just a little selfishness - i want a daughter for myself
    my dh has our boys to do all the guy stuff with but when it comes to who they wanna hang out with and do things with it's always dad and i'm the one left by myself
    (twins) 2007

Last and final babe due July 14th 2015 - IT'S A GIRL

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not related but just adding this here since it was the last thread I started and don't want to start a new one.

I think I have made peace with myself and decided to shut up shop. Not with the intention of definitely never ever having any kids again but no plans for any more in the not so distant future. Not only is it not smart to have another in the next 2-3 years at the least because of my relationship issues but I don't think I could handle it and being totally honest with myself, I only wanted three to begin with and chose to go 4 when I didn't get a girl. My boys are hard work but the best and only work I want to do and I want to do it right.

I talked to someone recently whose lifelong dream it was to have children who never got to and it breaks her heart to this day and I know I am truely blessed with my beautiful boys. I hope I can now put my feelings of thinking I need a daughter to rest and know I am an awesome boy Mum, I grew up a tomboy so I have so much to offer them as they grow. ♥ Love my 3 boys
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aghhhhh i don't seem to be able to win here! i wanted a dd for me really to be first choice grannie, the wedding to plan the closeness i have with my mum etc! got preggie with twins! sadly lost one but my surviour is a princess now considering doing it all again so she can have a sister! LOL ughhhhhhhh!

I wanted all the sway stress to be over, i have my dream and now its changed to a new one - i think its partly as i feel they were both girls loss was at 15wks so not totally sure

DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast