Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like a son to complete our family. My husbands father was a violent man and walked out on 4 children while they were at a very young age and my DH was forced to become the man of the house and go out working from 14. He has never had a good father son relationship and I would love to have a son so he can show how he's the dad his own father could never be and do all the things he missed out on with his son and bestow his love on his boy like his old man never did on him.
    My DD1 always asks me for a brother too, partly coz I think she thinks she is Peppa Pig and our DD2 is her best friend Suzy Sheep so we need a George to make us the full set!
    I always see lovely boys clothes in the shops now and think I can't wait to dress my son in these. My own mum was very close to my brother too and although she was like a best friend to us girls, I think he took it the worst when she died because he was always the mummy's boy with us 2 sisters.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love a little girl, but my reasoning is probably the opposite of many. I do not have a great relationship with my mom and am really nothing like her. I did not feel like I could tell her anything growing up and we were never close at all. She has some issues and has really caused more problems in my life when I would have loved someone to support me and lean on. I often feel like I am her mother, and wish our relationship was different. I would love a daughter so that I can raise her the way I wasn't raised, and develop that close and trusting relationship that I feel like I missed out on my whole life. I also like the idea of having someone to shop with and do girly things, that never hurts

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JP2007 View Post
    I would love a little girl, but my reasoning is probably the opposite of many. I do not have a great relationship with my mom and am really nothing like her. I did not feel like I could tell her anything growing up and we were never close at all. She has some issues and has really caused more problems in my life when I would have loved someone to support me and lean on. I often feel like I am her mother, and wish our relationship was different. I would love a daughter so that I can raise her the way I wasn't raised, and develop that close and trusting relationship that I feel like I missed out on my whole life. I also like the idea of having someone to shop with and do girly things, that never hurts
    I so totally understand that. I keep reminding myself that I do not need a daughter to know I would parent one better than her. It would be so nice to have one though. As far as the shopping goes, I have started to make sure I buy things for myself that are pretty since I have no daughter to buy them for, even though money is tight. Shhh, don;t tell DP!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not even sure anymore to be honest, I had GD when I found out my second was a boy, but once he was born I loved him to pieces. I guess it crept back seeing my nieces with my sister in laws, they have mini-me's and I guess I'd like one too! I'm not overly girly, at all. If I had a girl she would be getting the same hand me downs the boys did, there would be no pink or ribbons in sight, I'm not sure anyone would know it was a girl til she sprouted boobs! My boys have long hair and wear whatever they want, play with whatever they want. I'm not into gender roles for children.
    I just always thought my family would be large, and I took for granted it would be mixed. After two boys I panicked a bit that I would not get the chance to raise a daughter. The things I could teach her would differ from the boys, especially when it came to relationships, her body, and eventually children of her own. That's what I'd miss if there were no daughter for me

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happypixi - Well said, and I agree totally about my possible future daughter getting the boys hand me downs! I too don't believe in gender roles for children, my oldest is in love with princesses right now and though it's fun for me to learn about something different than construction vehicles, I'm just happy if he's happy. May we both have the opportunity to raise 'both sides'.

How large a family do you want, in a perfect world?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Four
    I like even numbers, and I have four of everything! Four dogs, four cats, four chickens, OK - five quails and three guinea pigs, but I think the guinea pig is up the duff!
    Best laid plans and all, but I think if I had a boy next, then a girl, I might go for five. If its all boys then ill stick at four, I just think if go for one last chance if I had a daughter to give her a sister, maybe?! I don't know! Long way in the future

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fish I know how you feel!!! I have never had twins, but got my dd the 3rd time around. My dream changed from getting a girl to giving her a sister. I went on to try 2 more times to give her that and came out with 2 more boys...lol. I have made peace somewhat with my dd never having a sister. I have so much on my plate with 5 kids that having another isn't an option.

I have a very close relationship with my mom. I have 1 sister that I haven't spoken to in almost a year due to her issues with alcohol and mental illness. I think I was worried about my little girl ending up feeling like an only child like I do. But my boys are so sweet and loving that I don't think she'll ever feel like she's alone.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Three- I think it is TOTALLY awesome that your daughter will get to say she has FOUR BROTHERS!! I dreamed of having older brothers, to protect me and watch out for me. (I had 1 sister). And she has younger bro's too - she's a lucky girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would so go for number 4 if we had heaps of money so we could still afford good schools and me hire help with housework and never have to get a job
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a brilliant relationship with my mom, I see her most days and if not speak on the phone she's like my best friend. I just want to have the same relationship with my daughter that I have with my mom. I don't think its the same with boys - they won't want to do girly things like shopping and I'm not into sport! I always imagined having one of each so when DS2 popped out I decided straight away I wanted to try again for a girl. I love them both to bits but feel something is missing. I'd love to go out buying all the pretty girly clothes too - I said to DH if DS2 has been a girl he would have been Bankrupt, he will be anyway if we have a third!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast