Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Loved reading all of these posts. I want a daughter so I can relate better to one of my kids. I want to be able to help them and know what they are going through and with all boys, I fear I don't have ability to relate to them completely because let's face it we are just so different. The mysteries of men will always baffle me. I fear I won't be able to help them and they won't seek guidance from me, leaving me out of the loop in my own family! It's a lonely feeling. Aside from that, one day when I am older and my kids become adults I will want that daughter around to be my friend and confidant. My mom and I are very close and she and my father are divorced. We are best friends and I can't imagine my life without her. I want to be loved like that by my kids! It's a love only a mother-daughter can have. I want a daughter to ask for my help, to appreciate what a mom does for her kids when she has her own family. Men, boys, don't understand child bearing/rearing, they don't understand the sacrifices a women makes for her children. I know since I have become a mother, I have a completely new perspective on who my mom is and how much she gave of herself. I appreciate her so much more. I want a daughter to someday remind my two beautiful sons to call me and ask me how I am ❤️.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Simple- because I don't have one. If I didn't have a son I'd want one too.

My more superficial reason is because I want to buy pink for a change.
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted a bigger family, 4 was my limit. I just thought I would I eventually get both, but it took until #4 to get there. I had a brother, only nephews and really wanted a girl baby. My mom and I have a great relationship and look back on everything she got to do. Prom dress shopping, wedding dress shopping, painting toe nails, etc. I wanted that experience.
    It really came apparent to me when I was around my mil who had 3 boys. She was really crafty and her boys loved her but to this day I still see her stare at little girls and she often gets left out because she has all boys. It really bothered me and didn't want that future, I wanted both. My daughter will be her 3rd grand daughter, but I couldn't wait to have granddaughters. I simply wanted a daughter.
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very close to my mum and really want that close mother daughter relationship too! My older sis has 3 girls and my other sis has girl and boy so feel left out to! Ha!
    Also DH's side is all boys for generations! Want to bring some pink in the blue! Lol Feel bad for MIL too as she had two boys and now has 5 grandsons and know she longs for there to be pink somewhere!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also wanted a DD cause I'm not close to my mum and I crave a much better relationship with my DD.
    I also wanted to give my husband a DD. I adore father/daughter relationships. He's a beautiful man and adores having her.
    Now my DD is here I feel so complete as a mother. My perfect family.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason I want a DD is cause I lost my mum when I was 4, she had me and my brother.
    My father got married twice since, and had 9 more kids one with ex and the rest with my latest stepmother.
    Me and her get on sooo well, I couldn't have wished for a better stepmother, she is just the best.
    But we never had that bond between mothers and daughters have, (she knows and I know).
    She herself wanted a DD which is the reason she had all those kids (5 boys, 3 girls), but she had a DD after her first Ds, but sadly she passed away at the age of 2. And after the 4th boy she got 2 DDs in a row, and then an oops fraternal (bg) twins.
    I've always seen her talk about wanting a DD cause she has/had a great bond/relationship with her mum.
    Though she was great with me, I remember her (I was 8 when she married my father) doing my hair, dressing me in cute dresses, telling me fairy tale stories, but there was something missing...::that bond::...
    As you can see I've had plenty of practice with kids, and I loved every minute of it, there was something so maternal about me (although, I've to admit it's never the same with your own, lol).
    In fact, I still love doing my sister's hairs, taking them shopping,dressing them in cute dresses(the youngest is 7) whenever I visit them. My step mum says jokingly that she retired from all of that now she has her dreams come true!
    Now, I'm pregnant with my 3rd (have 2 DS) and hoping, praying this is my DD, so I can have with her of what I've missed with my own mum.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by flowerlily; April 18th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    #1 6 #2 4 #3 1.5
    with #4 / it's a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With a 2 years old and a 6 month old, some days at home can be extremely trying. Those days, when I haven't had enough sleep or skipped a meal to look after one of the boys while my husband works 12 hour shifts...I look at my life and think how unrewarding all this will be. My boys won't ever understand what I have done for them as they are men, they will never have the weighted shoulders of a mom. Sometimes I think these tough days would be easier if I just had my girl, had something to look forward to other than soccer games, fishing trips and eventual complete severance of any child-mother bond once my boys marry. I will be the disliked and isolated MIL. The thought of that is heartbreaking and the absolute loneliest feeling in the world. I am the odd man out in my family. Actually beyond my family, I am quite alone as I can barely stand these women around me with daughters AND sons. I want my sons but I also want my girl...like all those other women, who take it for granted.

Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a boy and a girl, but I want a boy first because I am the oldest of three kids (I have two brothers), and always wanted an older brother. H doesn't have any sisters, but is also the oldest of three and always wanted a little sister. We want to give our daughter an older brother, and our son a little sister. If we don't succeed it's okay, but we want to at least give it a good try

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted a boy then a girl and before we had any I didn't really care either way. Then our second boy came and the very harsh reality set in...I was a mother of sons. No daughter. You think it won't matter as long as your kids are healthy and happy, but trust me, all that changes. I never imagined I would end up so desperate for my daughter. I always thought I would be happy with whatever I got. It's hard when dreams are lost.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted a boy and then a girl. Growing up I was the youngest in a GGBG family. My middle sister is a cousin my parents adopted and really the same age as my brother--only two months older. My sisters were really bossy and full of tricky female aggression whereas my brother treated me like a little buddy. He would let me hang out in his room and we would listen to records or he would play guitar for me. We played video games together. We would hike to a pond nearby and collect specimens for his microscope. My sister was my mother's clear, spoiled favorite. I don't think all older sisters are bad but I was afraid my background would make me afraid to bond with an oldest girl and that I would not handle sibling rivalry well. I was relieved to have a boy first. I wanted a girl next because I had also envisioned doing the activities I enjoyed as a child with a daughter, like ballet (which I still do for fitness). I also wanted a chance at a better mother-daughter relationship. My relationship with my mom is fine now but she really preferred my sister and defended her bullying. Our relationship became even more distant when I was a preteen because my mother got breast cancer and my sister became a teenage mother. My mom really checked out of our relationship first because she was sick and then because she took over raising my sister's daughter. I bought my own bras, never told her about my first period, and just didn't really have a comfortable relationship with her. I always imagined mothering my own daughter differently and "knowing" I would one day get to do that was a consoling thought. I should also throw in that for a long time before I had kids my ideal family was one boy. Coming from a family of four kids and being somewhat emotionally neglected I felt critical of larger families. I really enjoyed my oldest son so much after he was born that I knew I would have another. I thought, "Ok, I'm ready for the girl now." It just didn't work out that way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast