Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do you want your desired Gender?

I thought this could be a fun thread or even deep and meaningful for some or just a way to get to know other members.

Anyway, What are your reasons for wanting a boy/girl? Appariently not everyone has GD so for those who do, why do you think you have it?

I think I really want a girl because I was never close to my Mum and am quite disapointed with the Mother/Daughter relationship I was given so I feel I need to have a daughter to create my own special relationship to help heal and make up for the one I missed out on. So often whilst growing up I would think, I would be such a better Mum to a daughter than my Mum!
    I know I don't need a daughter to prove it but my desire for one is so so strong.

I'd love to hear your stories
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit I'd love to do the pretty dress thing too. Reasons do not always have to be deep and meaningful

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the same mother/daughter dreams as you. I too remember growing up thinking how different I would mother my daughter. It never occurred that I might only have boys. I have two boys and am now pregnant with my HT daughter :-)
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is that i have a really close relationship with my mum and i want to have the same relationship with my own daughter, and i dont want my mothers/grandmothers ect maternal lineage to end with me because i am the last girl in the family no sisters ,no girl cousins ect , if that makes any sense, i guess it sounds silly but it is important to me that i have a daughter to carry our maternal line

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have silly little reason and more meaningful reasons.
    The main one being that there isn't a great history of mother and daughter relationships in my family, my Mum and Nan didn't have it, my Mum and I didn't have it. I know the mistakes they made, my Mum made the exact same ones as my Nan and I want the chance to put things right for myself and not repeat that history and to experience that relationship how it SHOULD be.
    DH wants a Daddys little girl. DS1 has wanted a sister for years. So I want to give them that.
    I feel a girl will complete our family.
    A daughter would open up a whole new world for me. Different cloths and interests and toys.
    The cute dresses and the chance to do her hair. (I know that she could hate all that stuff and not be girly at all, I'm not and she'd have 3 older brothers lol)
    I want to use the name I have had for the past 8 years. DH uses it and it makes me want to cry because I'm so sure I'll have a boy and I want to shout at him to stop using it, she doesn't exist and will never exist!
    If this baby is a boy my children may end up having to name it as I have no names I like left now LOL And if it comes to that the poor child will be called Jabba the Hut or Rabbit Face going by their suggestions so far.
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mother of boys, I love how you say having a daughter would open up a brand new world for you. I feel the same.

I wonder if being adopted has anything to do with it too. I have a nice relationship with my birth Mum and for some reason feel like I need to have a girl for her too. I feel sad for her because she chose to give me a loving couple at the chance for me to have a better life even though she wanted me so badly and then when she went to start a family again, had three boys. She never got her daughter but did have the chance to have one which must make things even harder for her.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted a brother and I don't want my daughters to have the same feeling of missing out.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My GD is due to the fact that I had a terrible relationship with my mum and still dont have a great relationship with her.. she suffered prom depression when i was born and just never bonded with me so i would love to be able to have a mother daughter relationship of my own.
    Another reason why my GD is HUGE is because I would love to be able to give my husband a daughter and my in laws a grand daughter as they lost their only daughter due to cancer which was tragic. they had 2 boys then their daughter and after she passed they tried for another girl but got 2 more boys so I would love to be able to do that even for my husband... I think this reason outweighs my first one..

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to be honest and say that before we had children we had a girl preference but after three of them I wanted to experience both genders and DH was DESPERATE for a son. As the big girls have become older they're a bit more "girly" and I think he is craving that father-son (stereotypical) relationship.
    Mummy to three gorgeous girls :
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted both genders. I wanted to have the relationships with both. When I was growing up I saw me with 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. I really wanted my 1st to be a girl because I had him so young and had a rocky relationship with his father. My 2nd it didn't matter and my 3rd a little. When I got pregnant with my 4th and found out it was a boy my GD set in big time. Carson was supposed to be me last. I did talk to my husband and we did try one more time. I also wanted a girl to dress her in pretty things and do girl things. I also wanted a daughter for my husband to have that experience.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast