Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

early ultrasound...

What do you ladies think of getting an early ultrasound done? I wanted the tech to put the potty shot in an envelope and hold on to it until I am "ready" to see the results..so we are prepared for our normal 20 week anatomy scan.. has anyone else done this? any input appreciated!
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did that. The only difference is I didn't cry in the ultrasound room. I cried at home instead when I opened the envelope to see DD#3!

I was in a bit of denial since I didn't get to see it for myself and scheduled a 3D scan to confirm. I imagine I would have had to do the same had it been a boy because I would have wanted to see "IT" for myself too!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going for an early scan in 11 days at a private ultrasound clinic that specializes in early gender determination. I swayed and prayed a lot, and at this point I feel like I can't stand the anxiety of not knowing if my sway worked or not. I spent a good chunk of Mother's Day morning crying because I'm so afraid my sway may have failed and I can't imagine how I'd be able to cope with a failed sway and the consequences of that. For my own mental health, I need closure at this point. I need to know either way so I can put the anxiety of not knowing behind me and either embrace my lifelong dream of being a girl mom or try to figure out what I am going to do next if my sway failed.

Good luck with your decision.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you have to do what works for you. If you think the envelope method will work, as it has works for many others, then go with that. If you can take hearing "it's a boy/girl" while the u/s tech is doing their job, then do that.

I am with Babygirl4me I will need to know asap as the anxiety will eat me alive. I may even have a blood test done in the name of 'genetic screening' when all i want to know is the gender.

Whatever you decide make sure it gives you the time to cope with whatever you find out. I think a REALLY difficult situation would be having a host of other people in the room like MILs, Moms, friends, etc. THat would make me nuts but works for some.

I want to grieve or celebrate in private and then choose how to tell others. I even think I would be better off if DH wasn't there for an early u/s for me, I would just lose it if it was another girl and he was looking at me trying to comfort me like he was with DD3.

Good luck!

My Gender Dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had early gender ultrasounds with my third pregnancy which was twins, fourth pregnancy, fifth pregnancy and now my sixth pregnancy
    i went between 16 and 17 weeks with all but this pregnancy and was satisfied that i was told boy and saw it for myself.
    and was prepared at my 20 week scan - i really just saw it as a chance to have their gender confirmed too

i thought about getting the tech to write it down but i am one that doesnt believe unless i see it for myself.

i went with this pregnancy at 14w3d by my O and LMP dates but 14w6d by the dates the hospital gave me.

to be honest this time i wish i had waited at least until 17w like the others.
    i was told that there is something between the legs so must be a boy which really has played on my mind not in a good way iykwim?
    after quite a bit research and some conflicting US pics i'm not 100% convinced - she is probably right but there is still that niggling feeling and then i go back again to thinking who am i kidding i will never ever be lucky enough to have a girl.
    if i were to do it all over again i would have a gender scan but not until at least 17 weeks

GL with what you decide i think they are great when you have a tech that knows what they are looking for and is willing to take the time and point everything out and confirm and answer questions for you.
    (twins) 2007

Last and final babe due July 14th 2015 - IT'S A GIRL

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all of your responses, I will have to go get the ultrasound because the anxiety will also eat me alive, as it is now just counting down until the big day now.. I will keep you all posted!
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!