Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those who had another after their DG

Just wondering how many of you ladies still want(ed) another girl or boy after having one . . . I have BB and a HT DD, and find myself preferring a girl for the last baby we're planning.

I've seen some people have e.g. BBGB or GGBG, and have a really hard time with the last one.

How much did your desire decrease after "success," and if you did have an opposite the next time around, how did you feel about it?
    04 06 MS/PGD 08

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would LOVE to have another DD - and even would be happy with another DS (or so I think) but sadly we are done having kids as there are some medical reasons I should be done and also DH would be near impossible to convince for another. If both those situations changed I would definitely be wanting another regardless of gender.
    (MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW, Dr. Potter @ HRC, cycled in 2010)

My blog: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/blog...57-ilovemykids

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm done having kids, but I would think that if I were to ever have another baby, I would probably hope for a girl just so that my lone DD would have a sister. But, I don't think it would bother me if the baby ended up being a boy cause at least I do have my one girl now too!

In fact, I kind of like the fact that she doesn't have a sister cause I'm hoping that will just make us closer when she's grown cause she won't have another female to lean on. I know me and my sis talk WAY more than me and my mom do, and a lot time is spent talking about my mom. LOL I love my mom, and we are close, but as a mom she still does crazy things from time to time and so I use my sis to vent that out too. But, like I said, since my DD won't have a sis, I'm hoping that will strengthen OUR relationship.
    Proud mom to 9, 7, 3 & our March 3, 2011 Surprise baby

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1pinkwish View Post
    In fact, I kind of like the fact that she doesn't have a sister cause I'm hoping that will just make us closer when she's grown cause she won't have another female to lean on.
    This is what I keep telling myself I just find it frustrating that I still care . . . I did not have GD (disappointment) with my boys (and definitely wanted at least one boy), but I'm actually more scared about having it with #4. I figured I just be proactive with #3, which I was. But there's really no option for proactive, because I'm defininitely not having 5!

Just interested in whether others got over "it" once they had both genders . . . or how dysfunctional I am LOL.
    04 06 MS/PGD 08

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we have our boy (being positive here lol) I can imagine I will want another, LOL!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am one of those moms that would have happily been an all boy mom... swaying for a boy with my 2yo then getting a surprise girl has made my current pregnancy very hard (baby girl due in about 4 weeks). I'm starting to look forward to just having a baby now... but I (obviously) desire to sway for another boy when this little one is a toddler.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have BBGB and had some GD with #4...not bad or for long but it was there. I still want another girl!
    Now SIXbabies!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilian78 View Post
    This is what I keep telling myself I just find it frustrating that I still care . . . I did not have GD (disappointment) with my boys (and definitely wanted at least one boy), but I'm actually more scared about having it with #4. I figured I just be proactive with #3, which I was. But there's really no option for proactive, because I'm defininitely not having 5!

Just interested in whether others got over "it" once they had both genders . . . or how dysfunctional I am LOL.
    I obviously don't know how YOU would feel but I do think that it can be a win/win with your existing DD. Either she becomes the Princess and gets to do everything without interference from a little sis or she ends up with a sister to share stuff with. Either way, I can think of the positives for HER. Your feelings- are the tied up in your hopes for her or yourself? Can you distinguish between them?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

familiesr4ever
    I have BBGB and with my last one I honestly had myself convinced he was a she, so was my dh, in fact when we had the u/s and they said boy, I remember feeling like I wasn't even in the room any more and I remember my dh letting out a huge sigh of suprise. I am totally in love now and really never had gd, I think I just assumed since we had had a dd, that we were going to have dd #2 and give our dd a little sister. Which to me, 2 boys and 2 girls was the dream family. Anyway, it is really hard because since she was 2 she has told everyone and I do mean everyone, that she was getting a little brother and litter sister. Well she got her little brother, now she asks us everyday, when she is getting her sister. So, it is hard to see her with friends that haver sisters and she tells me she feels left out. My dh and I are looking into HT to try for a second dd, because I really want her to have that bond. I have a sister and I am more close with my Mom than my sister so I don't worry that my dd will be closer with her sister than me and if she is, then I will have raised not just one great and loving daughter but two. GL on your decision.

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I obviously don't know how YOU would feel but I do think that it can be a win/win with your existing DD. Either she becomes the Princess and gets to do everything without interference from a little sis or she ends up with a sister to share stuff with. Either way, I can think of the positives for HER. Your feelings- are the tied up in your hopes for her or yourself? Can you distinguish between them?
    I'm starting to love you NBP I'm not sure my daughter should be the only princess LOL. She's enough princess as it is . . . wanting a girl is definitely more for her than me--but thank you for helping me realize it also really is about me. I thought about doing HT again for a while, and ultimately, was sad about the possibility of choosing a girl when I already have one (definitely uncomfortable about the thought of wanting another one like my daughter, rather than my boys--and actually, kind of upset about the thought of never having at least the possibility another boy??). But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't about me at all--for me I think it's more about control (having had it before), and "perfection"--how great would BBGG be? I know in the end it will be fine either way--just for some reason have a really hard time with having a stronger desire for a girl, after having one already. If you had told me I'd be obsessing about a perfect balance a few years ago, I would have told you were crazy!
    04 06 MS/PGD 08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast