Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

had a mini breakdown yesterday=(

I guess after hearing Kim Kardashian is having a girl on their show yesterday, it hit me that it'll probably never happen to me.. I don't know if its because my emotions are completely crazy this pregnancy or if I am doubting my sway, and that my months of planning could have failed. ALL symptoms I have are night and day from my boys, both my dh and I have had gender dreams that it is a girl, and I really thought this would be our girl but now that or scan is quickly approaching, i'm terrified that I will hear "boy". I told my dh last night that i'm not sure how I will handle the news if it is our third boy.. I feel awful saying this but i'm hoping I don't have a major breakdown.. i'm just so physically sick with constant nausea and my emotions are so up and down this time I am constantly on edge.. sorry to vent yet again I had to somewhere
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What time if your scan? What time zone?

Consider the envelope idea to keep you from losing it in the u/s room.

I was with DH and DD2 when we heard GIRL for DD3. I tried so hard not to cry but I did. DH just gave me an intense stare telling me it was ok and not to worry. He was so good but we both were SUPER depressed the entire weekend after that. We couldn't even look at each other.

My point is, we understand AND it will be ok either way. I know you have plans of HT if you need it and I think that is a HUGE consolation! So no matter what you'll get that little girl!

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know its hard hun but the tech said the nub looked very girly didn't She?! I'm sure you have a little girl cooking away in there.

I agree with Aida I think the envelope idea is a good idea if you don't want to breakdown on the ultrasound table. And having HT plans in place is an added relief regardless of what sex this little bean is. It is hard to get through when you have an apposite but right now concentrate on the positives.... Everything is in your favour. Xxxxxx
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you both so much we did plan on doing HT.. but after this pregnancy I really don't know if I could physically do it again, I have truly been miserable since i've gotten my bfp.. I am on two different medications to control the vomiting and still no hope. I picked up a few extra shifts at the hospital to keep myself busy until Friday, and if it is a girl I guess the added money will come in handy for girl clothes, I just really hope it does happen and I do hear girl. My Scan is at 11:00 am EST(about an hour ahead of you Adia) So ill keep you both posted! We plan on putting the results in an envelope and dh having ds1 and 2 do a balloon reveal I just don't know if that'll be a good idea to have family involved, maybe we will keep it just to us. Adia do you plan on doing HT?
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
    I know its hard hun but the tech said the nub looked very girly didn't She?! I'm sure you have a little girl cooking away in there.

I agree with Aida I think the envelope idea is a good idea if you don't want to breakdown on the ultrasound table. And having HT plans in place is an added relief regardless of what sex this little bean is. It is hard to get through when you have an apposite but right now concentrate on the positives.... Everything is in your favour. Xxxxxx
    yes she did but I guess I still have doubts just reading things on IG how a penis miraculously appears that would be my odds
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh sweetie, prayers and fingers crossed you hear girl. I was going to look at microsort with IUI and clomid in Mexico if my sway didn't work and that helped me cope a bit. I just went through what you did and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I was also terrified that there were like, not enough girls to go around or something. Like, just because all these other people were having girls I had to have another boy to balance out their girls.

DH and I went to lunch before our scan and we saw a family with 4 girls. No joke. I was like, OMG...I hope that's not a bad sign from the universe saying there are too many girls already so you have to have a boy... Turns out though that even though there are families with many girls, there are still enough girls to go around and there's no reason why *you* can't have a girl cookin in you right now!

Honestly, hearing girl at my scan felt surreal, like...wait...are you SURE this is my baby up on that monitor? I thought I only made boys? There were 4 girls at the restaurant...so this one has to be a boy to balance out, right? LOL. You deserve that big rush of joy and relief too. Good luck hun, and if there is anything at all we can do to help you let us know.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl4Me View Post
    Oh sweetie, prayers and fingers crossed you hear girl. I was going to look at microsort with IUI and clomid in Mexico if my sway didn't work and that helped me cope a bit. I just went through what you did and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I was also terrified that there were like, not enough girls to go around or something. Like, just because all these other people were having girls I had to have another boy to balance out their girls.

DH and I went to lunch before our scan and we saw a family with 4 girls. No joke. I was like, OMG...I hope that's not a bad sign from the universe saying there are too many girls already so you have to have a boy... Turns out though that even though there are families with many girls, there are still enough girls to go around and there's no reason why *you* can't have a girl cookin in you right now!

Honestly, hearing girl at my scan felt surreal, like...wait...are you SURE this is my baby up on that monitor? I thought I only made boys? There were 4 girls at the restaurant...so this one has to be a boy to balance out, right? LOL. You deserve that big rush of joy and relief too. Good luck hun, and if there is anything at all we can do to help you let us know.
    Thank u so much I am so happy for you!! Could they easily tell you girl for sure? I will be 14w5d when I go for my scan i'm just scared that it'll be too early
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hlmcdaniels View Post
    Thank u so much I am so happy for you!! Could they easily tell you girl for sure? I will be 14w5d when I go for my scan i'm just scared that it'll be too early
    YES! The tech said she knew right away when she looked at the girl bits. She actually teaches ultrasound tech and does high risk pg scanning for a hospital and told me all kinds of neat stuff about u/s! She actually explained how people can be told the wrong gender based on umbilical chord and things like that, and also said that when she put those red/blue lights (can't remember what they were called) that's a way to like, super confirm the baby's sex.

I was measuring 14+1 exactly that day according to the scan and the tech said the girl bits were obvious. She said my daughter was a "textbook girl" in fact, lol. Good luck hun!
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I would not involve the rest of the family. You may need some time to process the information just you and your husband - even if it's a girl! It will be a surprise to the kids no matter what, so you can plan for how you want to reveal it to them.

We did the envelope thing, and I am so glad I did it that way. Well, it would have been cool to hear 'it's a girl', but if it had been a boy, I don't think I would have handled it very well in front of other people. Good luck to you!!
    200320052008:2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KidAtHeart View Post
    Personally, I would not involve the rest of the family. You may need some time to process the information just you and your husband - even if it's a girl! It will be a surprise to the kids no matter what, so you can plan for how you want to reveal it to them.

We did the envelope thing, and I am so glad I did it that way. Well, it would have been cool to hear 'it's a girl', but if it had been a boy, I don't think I would have handled it very well in front of other people. Good luck to you!!
    I could not agree more. Their is something very difficult about the third baby if it is of the same gender when you so desperately want your DG. I would HIGHLY advise you NOT to have your whole family there if that is what you are talking about when you say "involving family".

If I can ever get prego here, I am SERIOUSLY considering going to the gender scan completely alone. I am sure that sounds horrible in regards to DH but I just don't know if I can handle looking at him in an u/s room if I hear "girl" again. I will need to know asap so we'll have to see when the time comes.....

I would set up whatever stops you have to save yourself having to face everyone if its a boy. If its a girl, scrap everything and tell everyone, but set up fail safe scenarios like "baby wouldn't cooperate, still don't know gender" in case you hear boy.

As for your question about HT, no, this baby (that is still taking its sweet time to be conceived), if it ever gets here it will be the end of the line for me. I am 37 and I have had enough issues physically that I am pushing it having one more. Financially we are completely INSANE to have one more child but I'd regret it more if we didn't try. I have often thought I would never go HT for a variety of reasons, but honestly I have many days that if I even thought we could swing the cost, I'd do it in an instant to get over all the heartache of GD and swaying. Although chances are, I'd be a lousy candidate for some bizarre reason!!!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast