Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling pressure from my partners GD

Ok so my partner has 2 daughters from a previous relationship and we have a 15 month old daughter together (my only child). We have just started trying to concieve our second child and he has high hopes for a boy this time. I have done a little bit of research on how to sway for a boy and have been educating him on this topic. I have heard him telling friends that this time he will get his boy etc, and now i am feeling tremendous pressure to produce. I would be extatic with a healthy baby of either sex, but i am really feeling the GD from him. I dont want to "fail" and have him disappointed about another girl. Anyone else feeling the GD pressure from their partner like i do?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you have no need to feel pressure he's the one that decided the sex so it's all on him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you have so much pressure on you =( Maybe you could sit down and talk with him, let him know how you are feeling? xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    meant to add an LOL on the end of my post!! I think TTC5 is right you need to explain to him that gender isnt something that we choose unless we go HT and just the assumtion that it will be one gender or another doesnt neccessarily make it become that gender. Explain the pressure you feel under because he is so into having a boy and that even though there is nothing you can do about it you still feel like you will be letting him down if you dont have a boy.

Sometimes men just get things into there heads and thats that my DH is convinced that this baby is a girl! so he tends to talk about it like its fact! even though we dont find out till thursday. He may actually have himself convinced for what ever reason that this will be his son!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, thanks guys. I had a talk with him about the positive aspects of having two daughters in our family, and let him know that it is still possible... He said he would actually be shocked if it is a boy (because of his track record) and he will love another daughter just the same as he loves our daughter. It was really nice to hear and i am not feeling so much pressure anymore, even though he still refers to the "maybe fertilised egg" as he.