Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Falling apart. Is there a gender test so I can find out before anatomy scan?

Hi everyone. Well, after almost 100% boy guesses on my NT scan, and having seen for myself that there probably is an "angle on the dangle", I have come to accept that this baby is probably another boy.

This pregnancy happened much faster than I ever expected. I was planning to sway, but got my BFP right after I started the LE diet. On top of that I am overwhelmed with a variety of things in my life that I feel are out of my control. Because of that I have been suffering from prenatal depression. I have felt very disconnected from this pregnancy and barely happy about it, even though i should be overjoyed that it's so healthy.

I was very disappointed at the NT scan that the tech refused to guess one way or another. Then I asked the the person drawing my blood if I could find out gender from the blood test and she flat out said no as if it was a ridiculous request. Everything in my life is so up in the air right now I just want to know one thing for sure... the sex of the baby I'm carrying so I can let go of the idea of having the daughter I always imagined and get used to being a boy mom.

Ladies, please tell me. What tests are available that can reveal gender officially? How can I opt in to them even if my pregnancy isnt high risk? It woukd help me tremendously just to know this one thing for sure.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have an amnio done. That I'd the only thing that is 100%.

Nub guessing is just that-guessing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually used Tell Me Pink or Blue- a simple but expensive test I ordered online where I sent a sample of my blood to a lab out in California. I found out about a week later that I was having a boy. It is quite accurate.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsandmama View Post
    I actually used Tell Me Pink or Blue- a simple but expensive test I ordered online where I sent a sample of my blood to a lab out in California. I found out about a week later that I was having a boy. It is quite accurate.
    It's really not that accurate. You can do a quick google and see all the incorrect results!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only legit test that I know of is called Maternity21 (or Harmony in the UK)...it is supposedly accurate and ordered through your doc's office. It's a blood test, and they are able to look at baby's chromosomes to check for trisomies and gender on top of that. I have heard that it may only be readily available for women who are AMA (35+)...and is still pretty expensive. But you can always ask, and my guess is that if you are willing to pay for it out of pocket, you can get it. Good luck!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Just was having a bad morning. I'm feeling a bit better now. I was keeping this whole gender desire a secret from my husband, and finally told him about it. He was very understanding and has agreed to swaying and maybe even HT for our next one, which wouldn't be for a few years. I think I was bottling my emotions up too much. I feel much happier about the possibility of another sweet baby boy coming along now. Hopefully he and my DS will be the best of friends.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the test that a previous poster said. I did the tellmepinkorblue test TWICE. In 2010 it came back boy & it was correct. Then again in 2012 it said boy & that was correct. But! I prayed it was wrong & it wasn't

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the Aussie version of Tell Me Pink or Blue (same lab etc, just different marketing name) and it was wrong. I was told boy after doing HT for a girl. I am holding her now and she is definitely a girl so I have applied for a refund. I think they just guess and even if they are right half the time, they are making a lot of money. I would not recommend it.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel for you, im currently in the same boat, im 14weeks pregnant and i find out in 4 weeks and it is driving me mad, that is all i am thinking about, im trying to convince myself its a boy just so i wont be too upset if it is, if i was you i would wait till your other scan but i know the wait can be just terrible, i really wish you all the best, fingers crossed for you