Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does not matter how I dress my baby...

People always assume my youngest son is a girl. They stop us in every store and tell me he is beautiful and pretty and looks just like me. He does look like me but he is a boy! He's wearing blue. I would never put my boy in anything remotely girly because my hubby would have a fit. I don't know why people automatically assume that since I have one boy, my other child must be a girl. I don't know why I'm bothered so by this either but it really irks me. Does this bother anyone else?
    I my 2009 2013
    Christmas Eve team green baby

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does he have curly hair? Is it long?

I would choose to take those comments as a compliment. He must be very attractive. Glass half full!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I only had DD1 people were constantly asking if she was a boy....even when I had her dressed in pink from head to toe.....people can be idiots!

My Gender Dreaming

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard several people say that! I never had that problem probably because my children are all bald as eggs LOL. People now think my daughter is a boy even when dressed in pink from head to toe. One lady got mad at me when I said "she's a girl" and told me "well why don't you put a headband on her then??" If you can keep it on her, lady, be my guest.

People are rude and have big mouths!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol I always get these comments about my boys being such pretty little girls. My eldest son is now 5 and he is obviously looking like a boy now the babyfat has gone. But honestly, till his third birthday he was just like a doll with blonde curls, big blue eyes and a round chubby face. My youngest is the same, minus the curls. I dress them both like boys, as I like the casual style for them to play in. My boys are also born with a head full of hair, they need a haircut every 4 weeks from about 4 months on, otherwise it would be longer than mine and my hair is halfway down my back. They really have daddy's hair, very thick and strong.

When I tell people they are boys, they say: really! They are sooo cute, look like little angels (oh if only they knew haha angels puhlease! they don't act like them ) so I assumed girl... Well I take it as a compliment, as they are very pretty and cute looking. And once my youngest loses the babyfat, he will be all boy looking and be as handsome as his brother and dad <3
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not know how common this was, thank you all. No one ever mistook my older son for a girl.

My baby has short hair and you can barely see it because it's a blond as can be. It may be curly once it grows some. He also has my hubby's blue eyes. I think he's gorgeous but he's my baby I am biased.
    He just looks all boy to me.
    I my 2009 2013
    Christmas Eve team green baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get this sometimes, less now they're bigger, but Lou still is mistaken for a girl sometimes. I'm not bothered in the slightest! They both have fairly long hair and are rather beautiful I must say ;D Joshua said to someone once, about his brother 'he's a boy, he's got a willy!' Hahaha!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My youngest had slightly long wavy hair when he was younger and people always mistook him as a girl--even in the most obviously boy clothes. I always thought is was funny because my friend had had a girl (but wanted a boy) and her daughter always got mistaken for a boy and I had a boy (but wanted a girl) and my son always got mistaken for a girl. I always found it amusing

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this twice now...in both directions! My middle was always called a girl. He has huge brown eyes with loooonnggg lashes and blonde wavy hair with very full lips. And dimples. He did look rather "pretty" instead of "handsome." I had many, many people called him a girl. But by about 18 months he grew out of his baby looks and I trimmed his hair and it stopped.

Now, my girl, although having big blue eyes, has not a stitch of hair and gets called a boy often. I had one lady tell me I should pierce her ears because she couldn't tell she was a girl (despite the pink pacifier and green flowered dress). Lol. Truthfully, your son resembles my daughter in features, which means I might make the same mistake if he were wearing nothing but a diaper.

However...context clues people!! I mean, a baby in pink, a dress, or flowers is a girl. One in a truck outfit or blue is a boy! I wouldn't make the mistake of calling him a girl if shown that picture. His outfit has helicopters.

It will stop as he gets older. I think it's at it's peak between 4-12 months.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to get this with my toddler as a baby because he looks like me and has big almond-shape eyes with long lashes. If they were on a girl you would definitely say they were feminine. Now that he's no longer a baby he never gets mistaken. He always looked like a boy to me but now that he's in corduroys and jeans instead of baby things he looks like a boy to everyone else, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast