Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, when I was swaying, I didn't even take into account some of the factors that probably were the strongest for my sway. ^^That being a big one. So, sometimes, the sway looks *great* (or not) on paper (please don't anyone read into that thinking I am judging sways...I can't think of another way to put this), its the background stuff, obsessional thinking about it, being under stress, etc is what undermines it and puts that die back at 50-50 or even 80-20 'against' the person swaying.

I do think that women who conceive children with the same basic pattern are more inclined to produce more of the same gender children. Since their personality generally hasn't changed and if things like diet, exercise, age, and general state of being are the same...I think that 80-20 does apply (but there is still 20% there).

But for us, I think I am leaning toward a light sway. I understand what you mean about swaying and feeling more hopeful and being let down. But in my mind, changing what you feel like changing and moving forward to TTC is a good compromise. If you don't want to do diet, do a light diet toward girly foods, but not 100%. If you don't want to exercise everyday, maybe drop back to none for a while. Try to lose 3-5lbs (if you can afford to). But don't go wild and make yourself nuts about it. I figure even the small changes I can make might move my odds from 80-20 boy by increments...where you add them up might end up somewhere around 65-55 boy...which gives me a whole other 15%. And heck, I have a blood clotting disorder that affects "a larger number of people than you might think" at a whopping 6% of the population. So, hey, make those stats work for you
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic!! I really appreciate your info! Very true and a lot to think about...I'm going to read that link, thank you!

Hotdogz, I think that's what I'm leaning towards too, a light sway. I don't mind changing some things up but if I'm being completely honest, the more extreme stuff like douches and all just arern't for me.

You know, I think I'm just really scared... scared of getting my hopes up you know?
    Mommy to

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a light sway. I took more calcium and magnesium. The biggest thing I did that I didn't do with my boys is that I had my husband abstain for 14 days I think it was more like 16. Then we DTD 3-4 days out.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tip iluvmysons!! Abstaining won't be an issue, we DTD very infrequently.

Do u mean you DTD 3-4 days before O?
    Mommy to

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofblue View Post
    Thanks atomic!! I really appreciate your info! Very true and a lot to think about...I'm going to read that link, thank you!

Hotdogz, I think that's what I'm leaning towards too, a light sway. I don't mind changing some things up but if I'm being completely honest, the more extreme stuff like douches and all just arern't for me.

You know, I think I'm just really scared... scared of getting my hopes up you know?
    We don't go in for the extreme sway tactics around here and I am working towards eliminating or reducing quite a few of the other ones. I think people have the tendency to feel like "well this must be difficult" and particularly with pink sways, overcomplicate themselves into a state of swaycession and control-freak-dom that sends their T levels skyrocketing and ends up giving them a lower chance of a daughter than if they had done nothing whatsoever.

But really, I think that whatever sways is probably pretty easy/natural/effortless, and that's why most people walking around out there utterly clueless to any of this have some combo of boys and girls. Our genes WANT to have both genders because it optimizes odds that they will be passed down to future generation. They (the genes) just want to make sure that we have girls when they have a better chance, and boys when they have a better chance.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofblue View Post
    Thanks for the tip iluvmysons!! Abstaining won't be an issue, we DTD very infrequently.

Do u mean you DTD 3-4 days before O?
    Yes 3-4 O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We don't go in for the extreme sway tactics around here and I am working towards eliminating or reducing quite a few of the other ones. I think people have the tendency to feel like "well this must be difficult" and particularly with pink sways, overcomplicate themselves into a state of swaycession and control-freak-dom that sends their T levels skyrocketing and ends up giving them a lower chance of a daughter than if they had done nothing whatsoever.

But really, I think that whatever sways is probably pretty easy/natural/effortless, and that's why most people walking around out there utterly clueless to any of this have some combo of boys and girls. Our genes WANT to have both genders because it optimizes odds that they will be passed down to future generation. They (the genes) just want to make sure that we have girls when they have a better chance, and boys when they have a better chance.
    Thanks Atomic, that's a great piece of advice. Of course, now you've said it it makes so much sense to me - swaying must be easy or else we'd all have single gender families. I know for certain I over-complicated things, swaycessed & thought it would only work if I did everything! (Despite your advice at the time ) I still want to sway next time, but will only stick to a few proven tactics. Dh actually said that ds3 is almost making him broody - wow! Breakthrough!!!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know what Atomic, I had been worrying about when the time came all the effort I'd have to put into a sway, especially the diet.
    I'm thinking now that maybe I should try to begin now making more gradual lifestyle and diet changes so its just a natural thing. I won't be TTC until later this year at the earliest.
    I know from information on here that my life in general is a big boy sway, I was already expecting DS4 by the time I joined the site so its always been pot luck LOL
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was first looking into swaying, I figured I was coming in way more set for boys to start with and if I could even GET to 50-50, I was like hell yeah I'll take a coin flip at that point! Now - did it work the first time, no, but then again 50-50 one heads and one tails
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is always possible, and in fact PROBABLE, that people will eventually get the opposite gender if they have enough kiddos. If you look at the Duggar family, they had a run of B/G, a run of boys, and a run of girls that all were longer than most of us even have.

The reason why people sway is because most of us would like that to happen sooner rather than later and don't want to have to "Duggar it out". If you look at the statistics, we are getting about 80% with boy sways (meaning that some of us leading boy-friendly lifestyles may have been as much as 80% likely to have boys) and then 65-75% with girl sways (this can vary by what tactics were included while blue sways are pretty similar). So even though swaying is not 100% and never will be, to go from possibly 80% likely to have a boy, to 75% likely to have a girl, does seem to show that at least some of us are getting the opposite gender not because of luck or that we were "due" to but something really does appear to be working.

In terms of people you see/know IRL, there are lots of things that happen in people's lives that are swaying that may not be visible to the naked eye. People are never in the same place physically that they were with previous conceptions, there are just too many variables that come into play. People ~really~ did exactly the same thing with all their kids? REALLY? How is that even possible - answer, it's not possible because we are not lab rats in a cage LOL and even just having had our kiddos can affect our bodies in unpredictable ways.

My thinking is that if HT is ever an option, people should go that route instead because while odds of success with HT do fall off sharply over time But to my mind, if the choice is between swaying and just TTC naturally, then there's no harm in doing a laid back sway.

What I do want people to avoid (and this is truer of pink swayers than it is blue) is launching "the Great Sway of 2014" where your testosterone shoots through the roof because that really IS going to be worse for pink sways than doing nothing at all. Full explanation is here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ypothesis.html
    Totally agree with atomic here, especially her last paragraph. I obsessed over my pink sway, and am now convinced that that was my downfall. I really do think that swaying can work, it didn't in my case, even though my sway was pretty good. I think I just totally cancelled out the good parts of my sway with my testosterone-increasing obsession.

For me personally, I also feel that God was trying to teach me a lesson...that ultimately, He is in control, and that if I want a daughter, He will have to do it. I was so devastated after hearing boy #4 that I vowed in no way would I do this again without a guarantee (HT or adoption). However, in the ensuing GD journey, we have decided that trying to control everything is exactly the opposite of what we need to do. And for us, that also means not swaying. Now, I will say this, I believe I actually got pregnant much sooner on the LE diet (than I ever did not swaying), because it actually helped my PCOS (I did not do white carbs, and reduced my sugar intake). So, I intend to do similar diet when trying for #5, but only because it helped my fertility. (Pink sways usually do NOT help fertility, but in my case, it did.) I will be leaving the rest up to God. This is what I feel most at peace about.

IRL, I have a friend with BBGB. She recently got pg with #5, and was not opposed to swaying for a girl. She got pregnant the month before she would have tried to, ended up doing a long cutoff thinking there was no way she could get pg (like 7 days before ovulation). She got pg, and just found out it's a girl. So, while she didn't sway, I think her timing did (not that traditional timing/Shettles methods work). I just think that those more sturdy girl sperm were the only ones that happened to be left when she o'd a week after sex. Anyway, so she is an example of not swaying but still getting her DG. There's my two cents. Best of luck getting your DG!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast