Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I handle the comments?!?

I have a family wedding this weekend upcoming and I haven't seen most family since the birth of my first son (I have two). I just know that ppl will be rudely inquiring about our unbalanced family and saying insensitive things such as "oh DH IS SO LUCKY he got two boys" as they look at me with pity and a sense of superiority. Nobody else of the women my age in our family has only boys. Just me. I am already fuming at them and I haven't even seen them yet!

Any tips on how I can handle this? I need some witty yet assertive comebacks. Or do I just drink more wine and stay on the dance floor to make it all bearable? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just tell them...'yeah there mummys boys' lol
    i know how you feel,i am dreading it if we get pregnant again and its another boy as i know people will be like ohhh didnt u want a girl,and 'arent u dissapointed' while you have to grin and bear it say no,lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple of responses I use, it depends on the person asking and how stupid I want to make them feel for their dumb questions or comments.

A good one - I get a very bewildered look on my face and say, "What's wrong with girls???"....usual response is, "don't you want a boy to0?"....my comeback, "I am sure it would be fun but what's wrong with girls????" Honestly, I am trying to make the person feel stupid for even asking such a question and usually they do.

FWIW, we usually get the comment "your POOR DH, all girls!". I have to shoot back with, "he's pretty happy that he has three healthy, beautiful children, he doesn't pity himself at all."

Good luck, those situations are no fun and wine is a must!
    Last edited by Adia; June 4th, 2014 at 07:24 AM.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2boys....let us know how it goes! I always get a kick out of people's reactions!

A while ago on FB I defended a SIL that was having DD3...some of our other SILs and BILs were being jerks, she thanked me and the nasty comments about "poor DH" all disappeared! People are so lame sometimes!

My Gender Dreaming

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get asked if I want a girl (yeh I do but we are secret swayers) I just reply asking why? and say im happy with my boys.
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's all that unusual to have 2 boys so I don't think people will just automatically start in with comments. What's bad about having brothers? That's an awesome gift. I think when you have 3,4,5 of the same, comments start to roll but with two the only thing that may come up is if you are going to try for a girl.

People assume we want balance. That's what this entire site is about. Everyone knows it but for some reason we feel bad about expressing what we want. Why? Why can't we say yes we would like a girl. Got any tips?? That will change the conversation. Maybe they can relate to you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys and we swayed girl for this baby. I'm pretty vocal about loving having two boys, but I've never lied about deeply wanting a daughter. I just say my desire for a girl is separate from loving another son. I can and will love a third boy to the moon and back but I do want a girl and those closest to me know that.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. I will definitely let you know how things go. I am prepared for a lot of "are you having more kids, gonna try for girl". I think I will just be honest and try not to lose my classiness. Sometimes I feel like I could just rip the throat out of ppl who inquire. Especially those with both boys and girls...they are always the ones who ask. I can't think of one young family who will be there who has only boys so I know this will be coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, are you guys with 2 boys really getting that many comments?? I do remember people occasionally saying "you need a girl" when I had two boys, but no one seemed to think it was strange...till I had 3...and then 4...LOL!!!

People are SO weird!!! Good luck and I hope you have a great time!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my mom's large family literally everyone has all boys or all girls (my mom had 3 girls, her sisters each had either 2 boys, 2 girls or 5 boys). I never knew any mixed gender families growing up. So crazy 2 boys is enough to be considered off balance these days!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast