Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I was at the grocery store with my two sons. My youngest was in the push chair and my eldest was running around at the frozen section (ice cream). A lady saw my youngest and she said hi to him and waved, he reached out to give her a handshake (he's such a cutie pie) and she said: 'oh my gosh, you are so rich to have such a beautiful boy!' Then my eldest came running around the corner, shouting, being rough as usual, 'moooom where are you? I want my ice cream!!!' and she said: 'oh my gosh, 2 boys?? You are more than rich, wow so lucky!'

Thank you madam, yes I am. Very very rich and lucky. They may not be perfect, they may not always be cute or wel behaved. But they are mine. Your boys are yours, you are so lucky and rich. We are all so rich. And let no one tell you other wise! What they say is merely their opinion and it's, to be honest, quite dumb. Why would you take that to heart? If she told you to dye your hair purple cause she thinks that's gorgeous, would you? Nah. She's dumb, leave her opinion where it should be, up her...
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG Lemonade.... Where do you live to have these sort of attitudes? I am English but live in France and have never had this sort of thing with my 3 boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2004 + 2007 + 2008
    + 2015

Due August 2018... hoping

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard that, my boys are a pleasure and dont have an ounce of aggression in them. Mischief .. thats another story ...
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three and always hear "oh you poor thing" then it is proceeded by "are you going to try for a girl?" Even though we are I just tell people no we are done.
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The other day, I was introduced to a friend's aunt as the friend who had "three boys and then a girl". The (elderly) aunt said, in front of my son, "so you finally got it right!" Are you kidding me? Who says that? People can be so stupid sometimes. I know it's really her issue so I let it go.
    200320052008:2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, we've never had anyone make rude comments about having boys. Maybe that's an American thing?

I have gotten the hands full comment once or twice and I got funny looks buying a pregnancy test with 3 kids in tow, but those are nothing, really.

And you only have 2 boys. Baffling.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am with you Blueeyedguys ! I am English and have had a couple of comments in UK about hands being full but thus is in relation to number of kids not sex of kids! I now live in France where it is typically European and very family focused so with 3 boys I am envied! So out of interest what nationality are the ladies getting negative comments with just 2 boys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2004 + 2007 + 2008
    + 2015

Due August 2018... hoping

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm from Australia and the comments I get are shocking! Not just about having six kids but the fact that they're all boys. It's unbelievable how insensitive people can be.
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the US. East Coast. I guess I'm surprised, myself, at how much attention that my having two boys... only two... has drawn and the comments I get. It certainly doesn't help what I used to think were my own, very private feelings of wanting a daughter one day.

Having said that, I do think it's unusual to see a mom with more than one kid who doesn't have at least one girl. I make a point of looking out for other "boy moms" and they are kind of hard to find.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in Western Canada. Maybe we're just more polite? lol

I know a number of moms with either 2 boys or 2 girls & a few with 3 all one gender, usually boys. I had to go online to find other moms with 4 boys, though.

It's kind of funny, really, TWO of the women who've commented on me having my hands full, or something similar, have 6 kids themselves. They both have 3 of each.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast