Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Preparing myself for the verdict

I'm trying to accept the fact that most likely I'll be mom to four girls In other words, a living jokeDh and I are already easy targets with three daughters for all kinds of comments.
    Unfortunately our social enviroment openly prefers boys.
    Tech said it's probably girl on my 13 weeks scan, and though I got mostly boy guesses and boy wishes on ultrasound section (which is comforting, esp.in my state of mind lol) I know miracle won't happen for me.
    Just needed to vent.
    Of course I love my daughters and I will love this baby girl, but it is so so so unfair I'm not good enough to me a mom to baby boy. And all the nasty comments from relatives, friends and "friends" and complete strangers....
    Any recepies how to accept the innevitable?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I very rarely post comments but I really must write a reply to you and send you a big hug!

I have no recipe on how to accept but I just wanted to say that my first two thoughts were: 1) You are so NOT a joke for having three girls. No one is ever a joke for having lovely children and secondly 2) Gosh, I wish I had a girl... Whenever I see moms with 3 girls (have been seeing so many lately) it physically hurts inside because I feel they are so lucky and I really fight the feeling of envy.

Hopefully you will see that all depends on the eyes of the beholder and I also hope that you can tell you relatives and friends to not make nasty comments. No one should ever make nasty comments and certainly not on someone's children!

Don't get me wrong. I really do understand your longing for a certain gender - as I long for a DD I understand how you can long for a DS - but please don't feel that anything is wrong with you family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your kindness
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a mother of 3 girls and long for a boy also. I get lots of comments from people as well. Usually positive ones but some rude ones too. One comment I get the most is from people at the store and even my doctor who came from all girl families and every single one of them says they loved it. I have heard that countless times. So, when I think I'll never have a boy, I think of how blessed I will be as an old lady with all of my daughter's to take care of me. My girls will always have each other. That's priceless. You're not unlucky if you have 4 beautiful healthy daughters.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the other ladies. You are so so lucky. If I could choose either all girls or all boys it would have been girls. I have a friend who has three sisters..no brothers, they are all so very close and have the most special relationship. So many people are so envious of their family! I understand how deeply you long for what you don't have but like I keep telling myself. .All kids are special and just want to be loved and they in turn love you unconditionally. Some things sadly are just out of our control and hopefully you can raise wonderful amazing daughters who will pick amazing son in laws for you!!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading your post, I was shocked with your comment "I'm not good enough a mum to get a boy" because being a mum of six boys, I feel the exact same way but about a girl! I feel I'm not good enough a mum, or deserving of a daughter (not that there's anything "wrong" with having six boys, I just long for a daughter so much, as you must for a son). Where abouts are you? Here, "society" prefers girls (after the PP of course).

I wish I had a magic cure, but instead know I understand. The comments we receive are horrid and make the feelings and longing I have even worse.

I am sure you are a wonderful mum and although you'll love another daughter to bits, i do hope you get to hear boy. xx
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hang in there Zivic...if their is one thing this monster called GD has taught me, it is we will eventually find beauty from this pain, somehow, someway, somewhere.
    Big hugs mama....

My Gender Dreaming

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh you are truly blessed with six boys! I wish you could send me one of them...I'm kiddin of course
    I'm from the Eastern Europe, Serbia. Life sucks here most of the time...
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Adia sweety thank you!
    I'm aware that God is trying to tach me something, but I am such a bad student...
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Janamomof3girls View Post
    I am a mother of 3 girls and long for a boy also. I get lots of comments from people as well. Usually positive ones but some rude ones too. One comment I get the most is from people at the store and even my doctor who came from all girl families and every single one of them says they loved it. I have heard that countless times. So, when I think I'll never have a boy, I think of how blessed I will be as an old lady with all of my daughter's to take care of me. My girls will always have each other. That's priceless. You're not unlucky if you have 4 beautiful healthy daughters.
    There are quite a few women on this site who come from all girl families and that is often what gives them such strong GD - because they really enjoyed it so much and wanted to have that type of family too!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast