Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad I re-read this post. I am going to try a new approach next time I get the three boys comments because none of mine fit the full stereotypes either.
    I think I will try saying (and this is inspired from Hotdogs post but shortened for convenience)
    "Let me let you in on a secret, the stereotypes just aren't true," I think that should work. Can't wait to try it and I hope I remember to. Tips on how to improve it welcome.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right from the start, I wanted 2 of each. I have one brother, and altough we are very close, there were times I wished for a sister and he for a brother. (although I am closer to my brother than dh is to his brother, so gender doesn't gaurentee closeness!) Now I have three boys, and in secret, I felt GD each time, yet they are a great "set", so cute together, such great playmates.

But I still wanted a girl. We figured we were down to our last chance, so we saved money for ivf. It seemed the only sure way. But it took so long to save the money, now I'm worried that a daughter will be lonely, almost an only child, as the only girl and much youngest. (5 years) So now I want twins. I know I am greedy, but it would be 2 boys, 2 girls plus one, my old dream, just erring on the side of abundance... Actually, even b/g twins seems better, because I want her to have a playmate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    I'm glad I re-read this post. I am going to try a new approach next time I get the three boys comments because none of mine fit the full stereotypes either.
    I think I will try saying (and this is inspired from Hotdogs post but shortened for convenience)
    "Let me let you in on a secret, the stereotypes just aren't true," I think that should work. Can't wait to try it and I hope I remember to. Tips on how to improve it welcome.
    Yup, I feel like I spend a lot of time debunking the myths! LOL

The running joke around here is, if I do get my girl she'll probably end up being the biggest tomboy ever, hockey player extraordinaire, and 'out-boy' all my boys. LOL!!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For sure! I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me too. I was the biggest tomboy ever so even more likely. Still, no matter how much I acted like a boy I never truely was one. I love tomboys, they have such spunk. You can dress kids how you like until at least 2 1/2 so I will have to make the most of that time if I get her.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    For sure! I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me too. I was the biggest tomboy ever so even more likely. Still, no matter how much I acted like a boy I never truely was one. I love tomboys, they have such spunk. You can dress kids how you like until at least 2 1/2 so I will have to make the most of that time if I get her.
    I know I"m not alone in this but my experience has been that I raised my boys (esp. my first two) to be non-stereotypical boys to such an extent my husband had a weird kind of GD for a more boyish boy with DS 3 and 4 and got them. and then now I have a girl, I get annoyed at the girl stereotypes too. It's like I wanted to raise boys as girls (not really, but just less "masculine" interests) and my girl as a tomboy. Which is fine and I"m happy with, but it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to the outside world LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I know I"m not alone in this but my experience has been that I raised my boys (esp. my first two) to be non-stereotypical boys to such an extent my husband had a weird kind of GD for a more boyish boy with DS 3 and 4 and got them. and then now I have a girl, I get annoyed at the girl stereotypes too. It's like I wanted to raise boys as girls (not really, but just less "masculine" interests) and my girl as a tomboy. Which is fine and I"m happy with, but it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to the outside world LOL
    Actually that makes total sense to me!

My hubby is totally not a 'man's man' type so he really has been great about letting me encourage my sons into the dance world. Boys often face a lot of stigma especially with ballet, so having a supportive dad is really important. He does most of the driving-them-to-activities, so it's often him with our boys and a bunch of little girls and their mom's at the ballet school, LOL. I think all the other moms get very envious of him bringing his son to dance class.

We know a family with two boys, and they are a hockey family. So it's like, total stereotype 'boy sports' family, revolved around their sons and hockey and practice and games and hyper HYPER competitiveness. And truly I can't identify with them at all, their entire life is completely foreign to me even though we're both 'all boy' families.

I feel like instead of gender, it's probably more useful to sort lifestyles into interests, like sports families vs dance families, etc. I have far more in common with other dance families with even all girls than a hockey/soccer/football family for example.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps it is our subconsious way of telling the world that just because our child is a boy or girl it doesn't mean they have to be a certain way and can do what they want in life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I have a girl the things I do now and the way I raise my children will not change at all. We will have the same toys and do the same activities.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1+2+3boys, I would be exactly the same. Even if my first was a girl, I would have been dead set against dressing her in frilly pepto pink tutus and gigantic bows and treating her like a frou-frou princess. (Although after 2 boys, a few adorable dresses might be fun for a change.) Maybe I'm unusual, but having daughters to me does NOT mean looking forward to pedicures, shopping and prom dresses. It's about raising another person who will eventually grow to be a woman. (A shared experience.) I too would raise her the same as my boys.
    Last edited by lemonade; January 3rd, 2015 at 09:34 PM.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like I was able to share like 80% of life with my boys (and my first two are adults, so I have a pretty good handle on how it comes out, I think) but there was just that 20% of stuff that I couldn't share with them - and for whatever reason it was a big 20%.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast