Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

She feels lshe feels like kicking out all the windows and setting fire to thi...

2 boys 1 girl is my dream, but will I get my girl!!??? I wish I could afford gender IVF in the USA!!

Yet I feel like I can't complain as my sister can't have any kids after years of unsuccessful ivf. This is where I come to vent as venting to her would be cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magical22; January 5th, 2015 at 02:15 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's always someone who has things worse than we do - the way I think of it is, if you hit your thumb with a hammer, it still hurts like H--- even though you may logically know that there are people who have thumb cancer or have no thumbs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Precisely! Everyones pain is real for them. I always tried to imagine that someone with a broken leg shouldn't tell someone with a broken toe that their pain is not valid. (A girl in my PE class in 4th form broke her second to big toe and ended up in a wheel chair!)
    Still as long as we are sensitive to those who are having it hard to have kids (which I am sure we all are). My Sis may be in that boat one day as she has bad PCOS and looks like Mum did too and she had to adopt me to have her first child.

2 boys and one girl was always my dream too Magical 22. I found some of my journels/diary's from my teen years and I was reading one when I was 14 and there were pictures of a boy and then boy/girl twins all at different ages together and thinking back I remember it being my 'future' family! Amazing huh, I was so close too getting the twins but identical ones have to be the same gender of coarse. I had my hoped for children when I still was a child myself!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical22 View Post
    2 boys 1 girl is my dream, but will I get my girl!!??? I wish I could afford gender IVF in the USA!!

Yet I feel like I can't complain as my sister can't have any kids after years of unsuccessful ivf. This is where I come to vent as venting to her would be cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with the previous posts - pain is pain, and there are no 'pain Olympics' (I think Atomic said that one!)

But at the same time, there's the concept of tact. I wouldn't go onto an infertility board and bitch about my lot in life, for example! So, know your audience.

My best girlfriend has been ttc for 3 years and has done 4 iui's (one of which succeeded but devastatingly ended in a m/c at 17 weeks). But she's been amazing in supporting me through my journey, and me on hers. Still I have to be very very careful not to rant on about my life when she's in a particularly bad place with her journey. You just have to be sensitive and aware, and tread carefully.

I once saw a GD post on an infertility/IVF board, and just cringed. I completely understood that poster's motivations and commiserated, but it was SO the wrong audience for her post!! Needless to say she got torn apart on the thread.

I find compassion and sensitivity goes a long way, and being mindful of things you say and to who you're saying it to. That's not to invalidate anyone's individual circumstances at all, but being extra tactful is never a bad thing.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456