Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    I have good and bad days. I am not always so down but I agree that my GD is probably extreme but I think I am better than I was 6 months ago so that's something!
    That is definitely something. I think I have come a long way too. But not sure if it is something that will bother me for the rest of my life or not so I would rather not have to know and just have my daughter. We have some family friends (friends of my Mum) who have all boys and I would so love to ask them how they feel about not having a girl at this point in their lives as an honest heart to heart but I worry that it may be insensitive of me to ask. I certainly would wait until a quiet momment until my Mum was not there as she is certain that we will NOT be having any more babies. Even number two bothered her so maybe my body made me have twins just to piss her off, ha!

I think if HT didn't work or we couldn't end up doing it and I swayed and still did not get a girl I really would need counciling and I wouldn't call my GD exetreme even compared to some. I heard a Mum on here in another thread mention hypno therapy to help her bond with DS2. I wonder if it would work to kick your GD for good? I'd love to know. Life with three kids is good for me. I actually don't want another baby, just a daughter and I picture her as a toddler or pre-schooler, never a baby.
    My twins are finally starting to sleep through the night at 2.5 and I am not keen to go back any time soon!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    I choose to make light of this in this post but truly ladies, I hate her and I also hate anybody who was blessed with a mixed family after two tries. What a blessing that would have been, I am so resentful at all the fun and happiness I could have had instead of suffering with GD.
    I know just what you mean. Nothing makes me as miserable as imaging how happy other people must be or how happy I might have been. Grrrrr. Anyway I hope you get your girl this time. I know you would really be able to appreciate it. Truly I don't begrudge anyone with GD getting what they want--it's the people who get it without ever having to think about it that make me green with envy. I wish it had never occurred to me to want anything other than what I had.
    Last edited by trifecta; December 2nd, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm jealous of my own Mum. I watch her with my little Bro having her Mummy son time with her adult son and loving it and then enjoying my Sister and I and it makes me feel so sad that I may not get that part in my life. I am so happy to get the son part x 3 though. I love having boys! (no more though) I wish the people who honestly do not care about gender could get the one gender familes but alas, that is not the way life works. Who knows though, some other part of their life may be a huge struggle like bad relationship with partner or lost family member or a history of depression or struggling with money or anything. I know some of us have those things and GD but it helps to remember that there is more to someone than what meets the eye and you never know what they are going through in life. They may have been blessed with what we wanted for ourselves but that does not make their life perfect and ours not.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm jealous of my mother, too. She had my sister and my brother right off the bat. She has no idea about my feelings and I just can't share them with her. She's pleased with my boys but she and my sister also both say things like "you don't need to have any more." I guess that's supposed to be nice but it sure doesn't sound nice.

I definitely agree that everyone has their own struggles, or at least most people have some struggle.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too trifecta! My own mother! She has two daughters and a son (just like my sister) and I have a hard time not allowing my gender desire to push us apart.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    I'm jealous of my own Mum. I watch her with my little Bro having her Mummy son time with her adult son and loving it and then enjoying my Sister and I and it makes me feel so sad that I may not get that part in my life. I am so happy to get the son part x 3 though. I love having boys! (no more though) I wish the people who honestly do not care about gender could get the one gender familes but alas, that is not the way life works. Who knows though, some other part of their life may be a huge struggle like bad relationship with partner or lost family member or a history of depression or struggling with money or anything. I know some of us have those things and GD but it helps to remember that there is more to someone than what meets the eye and you never know what they are going through in life. They may have been blessed with what we wanted for ourselves but that does not make their life perfect and ours not.
    Absolutely. I don't think anybody's life is perfect and I think for the most part my life is pretty good. We have good jobs, nice things we enjoy, two healthy kids and a good marriage. I know that some ppl don't have those things and their life is probably difficult And we can't argue about what hurts more. All I know is my desire for a girl if pretty powerful and it has changed my life forever in ways I never could have saw coming. That's the part I find the most frustrating, this topic is so taboo and we are constantly made to feel guilty about our feelings. It makes this problem so sensitive.
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is definitely something. I think I have come a long way too. But not sure if it is something that will bother me for the rest of my life or not so I would rather not have to know and just have my daughter. We have some family friends (friends of my Mum) who have all boys and I would so love to ask them how they feel about not having a girl at this point in their lives as an honest heart to heart but I worry that it may be insensitive of me to ask. I certainly would wait until a quiet momment until my Mum was not there as she is certain that we will NOT be having any more babies. Even number two bothered her so maybe my body made me have twins just to piss her off, ha!

I think if HT didn't work or we couldn't end up doing it and I swayed and still did not get a girl I really would need counciling and I wouldn't call my GD exetreme even compared to some. I heard a Mum on here in another thread mention hypno therapy to help her bond with DS2. I wonder if it would work to kick your GD for good? I'd love to know. Life with three kids is good for me. I actually don't want another baby, just a daughter and I picture her as a toddler or pre-schooler, never a baby.
    My twins are finally starting to sleep through the night at 2.5 and I am not keen to go back any time soon!
    I never had any trouble bonding with my DS2. I was only disappointed with his gender until the day I vbac'd him! From that day on he has been my everything. I feel like what I am going through is gender desire more than anything, I want my boys and I want a girl. Not so much to ask for is it?!? Lol.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the person who wrote that post about the bonding meant before they had the baby as they struggled with it. I was lucky to never have that problem like you. I never wanted one gender over the other, just both. It is funny how GD is so taboo from the general public because they are the ones who also make all the comments like"oh you need a..." so contradictory!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I love your VBAC story

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the person who wrote that post about the bonding meant before they had the baby as they struggled with it. I was lucky to never have that problem like you. I never wanted one gender over the other, just both. It is funny how GD is so taboo from the general public because they are the ones who also make all the comments like"oh you need a..." so contradictory!
    I have heard comments about me needing a girl and also comments about how my family is done now so I guess no girl for me. As if it was up to them! I even have a girl at work trying to get all my boy baby stuff because she being the perfect and deserving person, got her PP and now thinks that bc I have two kids I am done so I will just hand over my stuff! Like really!!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast