Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rereading this I wanted to mention that in some parts of the US we bandy the word "hate" about a bit more freely than perhaps other regions - it's not weird or strange to tell your friend "Oh I hate you so much" and it's a joke, and then we say things like "I hate them, etc" when it's jealousy or dislike, but it's meant more lightly than it means in some areas.

I agree that it's a strong word definitely, but just wondering if it may be a colloquialism more than an actual feeling.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another two boy Mom gets a girl

That's exactly what I tried to say earlier in this thread. My version of hate isn't what people think it is. I say the word a lot and perhaps the meaning of it has lost its power for me. I don't feel like I even really know what hate means to me and perhaps that's because I don't hate but rather have other emotions that I call hate. On that note, I regularly say "I hate cold coffee, I hate winter blah, blah". My feelings about mixed gender moms fall into that category! I am not a hateful person.
    Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; December 3rd, 2014 at 11:12 AM.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I'm jealous of my mother, too. She had my sister and my brother right off the bat. She has no idea about my feelings and I just can't share them with her. She's pleased with my boys but she and my sister also both say things like "you don't need to have any more." I guess that's supposed to be nice but it sure doesn't sound nice.

I definitely agree that everyone has their own struggles, or at least most people have some struggle.
    My Mum and Dad adopted me then had Sis then Bro naturally. SHe is so blissfully unaware, I just can not talk to her at all about my desire for a daughter because she can not begin to understand and says things like but you have beautiful boys, which is true but like I said, she just does not get it
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another two boy Mom gets a girl

My mom doesn't get it either. She is always says " you have two beautiful healthy boys be grateful" and " be glad you don't have the drama of teenage girls to deal with". Those comments just don't help!

I also have a brother and sister and if anybody is glad I have two boys it's my brother. He is close with them and I think it's bc he missed that brother bond. It's brought him and I closer too and I am grateful for that
    Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; December 4th, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont have kids yet but reading your posts I can so imagine feeling how you do were I in your shoes. I also have very extreme feelings & opinions and abuse the word hate. Even though I can't possibly understand your situation fully I really empathize with you. And I really hope you have your girl in there. Big hugs!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    My mom doesn't get it either. She is always says " you have two beautiful healthy boys be grateful" and " be glad you don't have the drama of teenage girls to deal with". Those comments just don't help!

I also have a brother and sister and if anybody is glad I have two boys it's my brother. He is close with them and I think it's bc he missed that brother bond. It's brought him and I closer too and I am grateful for that

My Brother is so good with my boys and it is so lovely to see. He was the only boy out of 9 grand daughters (youngest too so much anticipated) and all the family friends were girls pretty much. He grew up surrounded by girls and is now really great with Women. When I was pregnant with DS1 he said "It better be a boy in there so I can teach him rugby." Well now he has three nephews but he will be fighting with my DP who is European because he will want to do football

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Grr, something annoyed me that my Mum said not so long ago. Some close family friends son was due with baby number three. They have two girls and the baby was a boy. My Mum was delighted for them. "Oh it is so nice for _____ to get a boy!" How could she not see that in reverse for me, Can anyone actually admit that they would have been a bit less excited if it had been a third girl. It is like they play the caring about gender thing where it suits them. I am still debating whther or not to tell my parents about our HT plans. They want us having no more and know I just want another so I can have a girl. I think she will not understand but at least if it works I wont be trying for a 5th. She will def be our last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think ppl don't have a clue when it comes to this and won't ever say the right thing because there is truly nothing to say! It is what it is. Some are lucky, others are not. And the lucky ones won't ever have the ability to get it let alone say the "right" thing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG and facebook just updated me that ANOTHER two boy mom had a girl😭😭😭. I feel doomed.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bugger. Remember it has nothing to do with you. Hard to be rational though I know. Or if you are all from the same area maybe there is something int he water making girls When my twins were due in that same year 10 boys were born from other ladies at my Playcentre. So there can be big boy and girl spurts.

I quit FB not so long ago, maybe it will be forever. I only miss it a tiny bit. It is SOOOO liberating

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast