Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for making me feel better. You are right, it has nothing to do with me. My baby is mine. I have been contemplating giving up FB too, I feel like it only brings me down. Ppl use it to post fake stuff about their perfect life and to me, that is the devils advocate.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I can see where you're coming from. It's not hate you feel towards the person it's more of a severe jealousy!
    One of my school friends announced on FB in the week she's having a daughter so come May she'll have a pp! It was like being stabbed in the heart and i was so shocked I felt that way as 1) I havent seen her since leaving school and 2) I was so excited to see her update, so I was so surprised how I felt upon finding out.
    I wouldn't say I hate her I just fell very jealous that she got my dream if that makes sense? It's hard to explain on here in the tone you want to use.
    I think my jealousy is that I've decided to hold out on swaying until this time next year as we are moving and I'm setting up a new business and I just don't want added stresses to my sway! I also feel it gives me a long time to be on the sway so it becomes second nature iykwim?
    Anyway sorry I'm rambling sometimes these feelings come like a bolt out of the blue but hold out you may be getting your princess yet. Just because the other lady is having a daughter doesn't take that away from you
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The more I see others getting a girl the more I worry that I will be a mom to three boys. I suppose that is why I have a hard time being happy for them although it helps to know that it is very likely that a two boy mom went through gender desire/disappoint so I keep that in mind and it makes it easier to have heart for those around me getting my dream. Who knows? Maybe they are on this forum!
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing is the jolly new baby page in the news paper. I try my best not to read the captions but I can't help myself. This morning one of the photos was of a smitten proud Dad with his baby girl. Nice but then I went on to read that she was a Sister for blah and blah (insert two boys names here)
    Gosh it made me get a sad sting of jealousy and feel bad for the next 20 mins for what I missed out on. Not only do I not get to have a daughter my my Partner does not get that special Father Daughter bond too.

Sometimes seeing PPs get to me but not always.(It always did on FB even with people I did not know well). I actually wanted my second to be a boy until I found out it was twins who were most likely identical. But I was still going to sway for a girl for number 2 because I believed it would take the stress off. You know, if you get that PP then you have the luxury to stop or go on to have as many children as you like without having to compromise over one of the parents not getting their same gendered offspring. You can have another one without so much stress and fear about the gender and just enjoy having another baby. I know some people have GD a second time around or people with PPs but I feel like the majority of people who got a PP could never have any idea of what it is like to never get your DG unless they only wanted two and were desperate for their second to be GD and be lucky top get it.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree about PPs and swaying for your second. That's why I'm swaying for my first, bc I think otherwise I'd just have endless boys and I KNOW I need a daughter. If it works then I can just leave it up to God/fate/nature for number 2 (out of up to 4 kids, potentially).

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another two boy Mom gets a girl

I never imagined I WOULDN'T have a daughter. After DS2 it hit me from out of nowhere that I really may not have one and the depression started. I had a vague idea about swaying (shettles) when we conceived DS2 but I wished I had known more. I would have swayed harder.

I totally get what you mean! I wish I had the luxury of being able to enjoy getting pregnant and not have to worry about gender like many pp moms, including my sister! Oh I cannot stand her sometimes! She got a girl first and went on to have a boy and another girl. Sickening.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the time I was old enough to imagine my own family as a little girl, I never comprehended or imagined a single gendered family. At the time we conceived the twins I only know about shettles too. I found this website when the boys were 9 months old. I was going to sway but then I saw there are ladies on here with 4,5 and 6 boys and as much as I thought I would never not have a girl I then clicked. OMG I might actually have another boy and never have a girl. It does happen, people getting one of the same again and again and again and we really could be one of those, especially with DPs track record. I'm still so scared about this whole thing because money is something we only just have enough of and we don't have many extras. I hope so bad we can afford to do HT cos I don't want more than 4. If we had another boy I would have to accept not having a girl.
    Will this be your last 2 boys?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Totally agree about PPs and swaying for your second. That's why I'm swaying for my first, bc I think otherwise I'd just have endless boys and I KNOW I need a daughter. If it works then I can just leave it up to God/fate/nature for number 2 (out of up to 4 kids, potentially).
    I must admit that I used to think it was strange to be swaying for your first but lately I totally understand more and more. Goodlcuk and I look forward to seeing a BFP from you.

I am so chatty lately! Must be the stopping facebook. I am on here way more often thinking "C'mon people, reply faster!" Sometimes I just need to chat about my GD feelings more. It is always harder when I am finding life harder in general. I am so busy with the kids and desperately want more time for myself which is unlikely to happen and here I am planning how to get another child!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    From the time I was old enough to imagine my own family as a little girl, I never comprehended or imagined a single gendered family. At the time we conceived the twins I only know about shettles too. I found this website when the boys were 9 months old. I was going to sway but then I saw there are ladies on here with 4,5 and 6 boys and as much as I thought I would never not have a girl I then clicked. OMG I might actually have another boy and never have a girl. It does happen, people getting one of the same again and again and again and we really could be one of those, especially with DPs track record. I'm still so scared about this whole thing because money is something we only just have enough of and we don't have many extras. I hope so bad we can afford to do HT cos I don't want more than 4. If we had another boy I would have to accept not having a girl.
    Will this be your last 2 boys?
    I don't know if this is our last. I hope so, either way I hope I get closure. I always said three but I think if my second had been a girl we would have stopped.

What do you mean DP's track record?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I applaud you! I wish I had taken this more seriously when we started our family. I guess I just put my faith in my dreams which was so stupid.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast