Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel you there. DS was due around the same time as another family members girl. We really wanted a girl the first time around I was contented to have one child and it be a girl and done. We heard the same comments. FINALLY! This baby is going to be the perfect one! (That one REALLY chapped my ass) Finally a new baby in the family to spoil! Oh we heard it all. Its hard to block it out of your mind when you are trying to have a stress free TTC and pregnancy. We are getting our DD this time and now we hear "oh you cant be sure until the baby is born" "there's no way they can tell that early (15 weeks). My husbands family are boy producers (cousins, aunts,uncles etc) boys upon boys upon boys. Except for 2 cousins and both of them have popped out 2 girls. So we are getting the true rarity of his family we have a DS and one DD on the way which just adds more to their disbelief. I hope you get your desired gender, and your family becomes more sensitive to your desires.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My SIL, told us she was pregnant the day my ds 4 was born and i was finding things really hard. i did not go to the baby shower last week, why put yourself through that, just say you can't do it. I know i would not have been able to bear it. I bumped into her at the hospital with my DS this week, just by random chance and every time she said she, it was like a dagger through my heart. try to protect yourself and think of you first. I know us moms find that hard, but you need to think of yourself every now and then so you can be a better mum to your boys and plan calmly for your DD. x love and hugs to you. xx

3. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you must feel and I sympathize. So far on my side of the family it's just my two boys. My only sister, who's engaged, probably won't have kids for a couple years... but I can only imagine if she had the first girl. I'm already bracing myself for that very real possibility.... while I might very well have a third boy. For now I'm cool but as soon as my sister announces her wedding date I know I'm going to experience a wave of dread. GD is horrible.

Then again, I had the first boy on DH's side of the family after a string of all girls, so no doubt there was secret GD directed at me as well... I'll never know for sure though.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    My SIL just gave birth to the first girl in the family, after 5 boys total (3 are mine). You can imagine, everyone is over the moon and not afraid to say it. The Facebook comments about FINALLY a girl, and how thrilled people are about this, it really hurts. She even looks like my sons, and I think "that is what my daughter would look like". I'm really happy to have a niece, but would be happier if I also could have a daughter. Now I'm going to go HT, but I'm so scared to do IVF, hormones, failed cycles, non-transfers, or just no pregnancy.

I just wish I wasn't in this situation. Also having 4 kids, it wasn't part of my plan, I'm exhausted as it is with 3!
    Ouch! I know exactly how you feel as my sister had a DD last Aug. My boys absolutely adore her and there are so many pictures of my boys with her that are painful for me to look at because that would be my perfect family picture…

You just have to stay strong, and fake a smile. I cannot lie to you, for me it hasn't got easier and I still find family occasions hard when everyone is fussing over her and she is wearing pretty dresses and has her hair done in cute bunches!

Hopefully we will both get our HT DD's very soon.
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am so sorry.

In my family, back in 2009 we had 6 boys and one girl. (4 were mine, one my sister's, one my cousin. The girl is my brother's) Fast forward to 2015 and we now have 6 boys and 5 girls (Mine, my sister's, my brother's girl, and then two of my cousins had/are having girls!) My point is, it can turn around so quickly that you wouldn't even believe it!

FWIW - your daughter will be the cutest anyway...mine is LOL.

I know how hard it is, though. I think, if only it would have gone the way I wanted it to, I would have so much more time and energy to enjoy it.
    My family now has 8 boys and 2 girls...hoping it will turn as well. The 2nd girl just came 2 weeks ago and I'm ecstatic to have another girl in the family! SIL finds out her babies gender in a few weeks, she swears boy, but I think i would relate to her more if she had a DD

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your support ladies! Here is an update from me. I was fully prepared to go HT in June, but ended up with a whoops pregnancy instead. I had a blood test done at 7 weeks that said girl. I still don't believe it, I can't be properly glad, but it's a step in the right direction. I won't get an U/S for another 10 weeks to see the gender, so I really can't get my hopes up. Cross fingers for me please!
    Last edited by Claire33; February 15th, 2015 at 08:58 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow claire, exciting! What blood test? I'm not familiar with any that test accurately before 7w/I.e. aren't scams.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh i didn't know it was that early when I responded to your other post. That does seem a bit early but still FX!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is early, I was 7 weeks 5 days. The clinic does the test from 8 weeks, but research shows results already from 5-6 weeks. It is not 100%, there is a margin of error of 1-5 %. Here is the link to the clinic (Barcelona) and some sites with research about the technique. It guess it's about as reliable as an U/S in week 16. That is why I'm not getting my hopes up at the moment. In the US there is something called the new Jack and Jill test (done in a lab), I wonder if that is a similar test to this one? You have to have your blood drawn at a lab, not one of those blood on paper at home things.

Boy or girl? · Medical and Healthcare Services · Clínica Corachan

Research:

http://applications.emro.who.int/ime..._4_209_214.pdf

Successful Diagnosis of Fetal Gender Using Conventional PCR Analysis of Maternal Serum

Noninvasive fetal sex determination in maternal plasma: a prospective feasibility study : Genetics in Medicine : Nature Publishing Group
    Last edited by Claire33; February 19th, 2015 at 06:37 AM.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Truly hope this is your precious DD
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

14. Likes Claire33 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast