Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The j&j test is definitely a scam. The Barcelona clinic could be the real deal. How much blood did they draw from you?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The J&J test has two versions, the one taken in a lab which is legit and the one taken at home (drops on a paper) which is a scam. Have you taken that one? The Barcelona test seems legit, but I cannot be 100% sure until I get an ultrasound at week 20.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the ones with the blood on paper are legit. They're less reliable and can get cross contaminated from DNA in the environment and so aren't the best tests for that purpose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    Yes, it is early, I was 7 weeks 5 days. The clinic does the test from 8 weeks, but research shows results already from 5-6 weeks. It is not 100%, there is a margin of error of 1-5 %. Here is the link to the clinic (Barcelona) and some sites with research about the technique. It guess it's about as reliable as an U/S in week 16. That is why I'm not counting my horses at the moment. In the US there is something called the new Jack and Jill test, I wonder if that is a similar test to this one? You have to have your blood drawn at a lab, not one of those blood on paper at home things.

Boy or girl? · Medical and Healthcare Services · Clínica Corachan

Research:

http://applications.emro.who.int/ime..._4_209_214.pdf

Successful Diagnosis of Fetal Gender Using Conventional PCR Analysis of Maternal Serum

Noninvasive fetal sex determination in maternal plasma: a prospective feasibility study : Genetics in Medicine : Nature Publishing Group
    Thanks for sharing those! I had thought before that the blood tests may be reliable a bit sooner than they've been doing them. FXFXFX!

5. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

7. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no way there is enough fetal DNA in a 7w dried blood sample on paper.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, Claire33 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I will clarify. The IN LAB blood tests I have wondered if they may be reliable earlier. The on paper lab results are less reliable no matter how you slice it but they were shown in some studies to be at least somewhat helpful, unlike the urine and saliva ones which are not at all reliable.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so excited for you!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I agree the lab ones can be done earlier. The less the woman weighs and the more blood they take, the earlier testing will yield results.

My Ovulation Chart

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The harmony test can be done as early as 5 weeks. But, only for gender. Chromosome testing isn't done until 10 weeks (I work at my OB/GYN)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -8 -5 -3

swayed for but expecting another

15. Likes maidentomother liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast