Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really want a baby girl, sway or ht??

We have two lovely boys, a 3 year old and 10 months old. I had a loss at 13 weeks at my first pregnancy, confirmed boy. Now I really want to have a daughter, I think about it almost everyday. Some days are ok and Iīm really happy with my two boys but when I see little girls or hear someone is pregnant with a girl I get really sad. With my first two pregnancies I didnīt hope for a specific gender, I was happy with either one. I was just so happy to have a healthy baby as a result of my second pregnancy.

I knew I wanted to have a sibling for our son and I had to persuade my DP to it. He said two children is enough, no more after that. I really wanted a girl that time, my last chance. I searched some light swaying tactics from the internet but found the wrong sites (I know it now!) and in the end I really didnīt sway at all even though I thought I did (like drinking cranberry juice and bd few days before ovulation). At the 20week scan we asked the gender, it was a boy. I was disappointed. But I felt like I just had to come to terms with it , thereīs nothing I can do anymore. The last weeks of my pregnancy I was still seqretly hoping what if the tech got it wrong and itīs a girl. It was not helping when I had a scan couple of weeks before my due date and I asked about the gender (just to confirm, didnīt tell her I was told boy before) and she said maybe she saw some girl parts but wasnīt sure. I was so hoping it could be true but deep down I knew it was another boy. I gave birth to my DS2 and I fell in love with him of course. I didnīt have gender dissapointment anymore. Until couple months later... All my friends were having girls that time, and they had a boy as a first one. I was so jealous, why not me. Even though I wouldnīt change my boys for anything but I think you all know what I mean.

I started to search the internet and I found this site. I was hoping to go HT, first I had to talk about wanting a third one with my DP. He really didnīt want to have anymore, he was done. I was feeling depressed, I couldnīt believe I didnīt have a chance for a daughter. I cried my eyes out. I knew I couldnīt change his mind. But to my surprise, he saw how sad I was and how much I wanted a daughter and he agreed to have a third one. But he said he doesnīt want to go HT. I said a could pay for it myself but he doesnīt want me to put my money something like that. And I think he thinks it is just way too extreme. I was just so happy he came around having a third so I just started to study more about swaying on this site and Iīm happy that I found you! I was ok with swaying if HT was out of the question.

But now Iīm thinking about the HT again. I know I really want a girl, swaying isnīt 100% sure. I read all those succesfull girl sways here and I think it could happen to us too and I get excited. But then I read about failed sways and I think thatīs going to happen for us for sure. I know we are done after 3 kids, I canīt do it to my DP wanting more until I have my girl. And I think 3 is what I can handle. So I have my last chance having a girl. How to make my DP think HT would be an option for us? Sometimes I think myself that HT is way too scary and way too extreme but then I think about that little girl we could have... Why not try. If my DP was supportive about it I think I would do it. I know I have to have a serious discussion with my DP but Iīm scared... He knows I want a girl really bad but doesnīt understand it fully.

Maybe some of you have some advice or has anyone been there too, trying to tell DP/DH that HT would be the right way to go...?

Iīm sorry about my English, hope you got the point!
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if HT is an option, it is the best to do that first. If it doesn't work, swaying will always be here.

But, if he won't agree, he won't agree, and I will help you however I can.

So you know in the future, it is very hard to tell a baby's gender when you are late in pregnancy because everything is all squished together.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HT is all about the guarantee. If you can admit you don't just want a child and you do want a girl, if that is really how you feel, HT can give you that guarantee. Perhaps with DP, the guarantee will be more appealing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic and nuthinbutpink! I just have to talk my DP about it. When I have the courage! And I have to learn more about HT before talking with him about it so I have all the facts. But if heīs 100% sure HT is not the option then Iīm going to sway for sure and buy a personalized plan. Sometimes I think it would be just "easier" to try swaying but again itīs not guaranteed weīll have a girl. And Iīm already stressed about the LE diet, excercise and trying not to stress (because of the testosterone levels)! Even though I know I could do the diet and excercise, when I set my mind on something I can usually do it even if it was hard). Oh well, weīll see. We were planning to TTC somewhere next fall. Itīs not that far away anymore.
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post