Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team green??

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Team green??

I can't believe I'm actually considering it, but I really don't think I can deal with finding out my sway has failed for a third time until the baby is born. I feel like if I find out the gender at 20 weeks then I am stuck spending the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy waiting to sway again. I think if I have a boy at birth then I can start swaying three months later, rather than have a miserable pregnancy knowing I have to wait so long to sway again. I'm not pregnant yet, but I already know it's going to be another boy (which makes me feel like skipping months ttc until I feel good about it...but I know I never will feel confident enough that it could be a girl). I didn't find out with my first, but I admit I LOVED spending the pregnancy dreaming that I could have either a boy or girl. I want that again. I know it will make my GD terrible the day I have him, but to put it simply, I want to lie to myself for as long as possible and believe that I could have a daughter even though in my heart I know I'll end up with all boys.
    Has anyone waited until birth to find out they were having another boy? Did it take you longer to get over it? I know when I found out via ultrasound with DS2 and DS3 I still went the rest of my pregnancy hoping they were wrong and STILL had GD when they were born (far more with #2 than #3).
    I wanted a daughter with by first as well, so I did have GD with him (everyone in the delivery room saw the disappointment on my face-- which is the only thing I'm dreading) but with him and the other two once I had some alone time with them in the hospital my GD was gone.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

2. Likes pink_bean liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally would not go Team Green if I knew I would have GD. With my 3rd boy I just "knew" he was a girl and I would have flipped my sh-- (pardon the French). Personally for me I felt like it made it easier to know. I could get my head around it before I had to take care of a living breathing human baby. But everyone is different and I did like the surprise with DS 1 and 2, but I got what I wanted with DS 1 and I had no pref. with DS 2.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Kitty0911, Comptokl, bunnywabbit liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went team green with all my pregnancies and I have 3 boys.

When my Obstetrician held up baby son #3 I couldn't believe there were boy bits! I was SO shocked as I thought I was absolutely, most definitely carrying my longed for daughter. I can hear my fake "awwww" on the video, and it makes me cringe every time I watch it.
    Immediately I went into defensive and protective mode for my perfect, beautiful son as the comments about 3 boys came in thick and fast. My mother in law asked if we were disappointed; my sister said statistically the 3rd son is gay; and another family member asked if they could call him the female version of his name as THEY had wanted him to be a girl. He was only hours old when all that went down so it was very overwhelming and emotional. And that's just the beginning.
    I cried a lot after he was born, even going into the girls section of Department stores would make me cry.

Maybe if I had found out I could've prepared myself but I wouldn't have been able to deal with all the 3 boys comments whilst I was pregnant. People can be so ignorant, mostly unintentional, but it still cuts deep. My way of getting around the 3 boys comments is I always say "I know, how lucky are my kids? Brothers and best mates for life". They always have a positive reaction if I say that. And it's not a lie, my kids are incredibly lucky, and I feel chuffed to have given each of them 2 brothers!

So, would I recommend team green? Yes. If you find out you're carrying a boy, it's 20+ weeks extra of GD!
    But what if it is a girl - the surprise will be SO worth it!
    ((Hugs))
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Augh I simply hate people sometimes. What a bunch of poopheads Am3!!

7. Likes Am3a liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am3a, I'm so sorry you had to go through that so soon after meeting baby #3!
    My third is named Angelus and my own mother says his name "Ann + Jealous" to make it sound very feminine. She has wanted all my babies to be girls and has reminded me with each one that it's the "curse" and I'm doomed to only make boys. My grandmother had all boys, my mother had all girls and now I will probably have all boys. I just want to have a pregnancy like my first where I was excited the whole time rather than spend the last 20+ weeks just wishing it was over. AND I was told with my youngest that he was a girl- then boy, and I'm terrified that will happen again.
    Thanks for the different perspectives. Hopefully I'll make up my mind by the time I get to that 20 week ultrasound.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

9. Likes Am3a, netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was team green with ds1 but already had GD cause I figured a girl was not for me. When he was born I was insteantly in love! Still excperienced GD Some of the time. I was scared I would never had a girl.
    While pf with ds2 I thought we would hear girl so I was shocked. GD was hard. We didn't tel anyone the gender wich made it easier to deal with it in private. I was in love straight away when he was born again.
    Still experiences GD after in times.
    Ds3 GD was def there but less hard. We Told ppl wich made it harder sometimes.

I was ment to stay team green with DD. But this time we've swayed. And there were signs it being a girl. So I was in a roalercoaster till we did found out.
    It was already hard but i would have loved a team green suprise.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

11. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, Comptokl liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We found out with DS1 and DS2. I had GD with both, a heavy one with DS2 (ended up with antidepressants and seeing a therapist). We decided to stay team green with DS3 because I wanted to experience a pregnancy without the horrible feeling of GD. It wasn't easy. I was guessing back and forth whether I was carrying a girl or a boy. I got some hints at the scans etc. that it was a boy (no one told me, they were just conclusions I made myself). But right until the end, I could always tell myself this could be a girl - I had nothing to proof it was a boy or a girl. When he was born and I saw it was a boy, my first thought was "I knew it". The birth was the longest and hardest of all 3, and I was just so exhausted and reliefed it was over. The next day came the tears. I cried a lot. Didn't show it to anyone but DH and nurses. I felt sorry for my little one that his mom had these kind of feelings when I should be over joyed. The following weeks were a rollercoaster. It kind of took me quite a while to sink in that I have 3 boys. DS3 is the happiest baby and I love him so much. I feel lucky that he is so easy and cute and I can't help this feeling of love and happiness when I'm with him.

I think I'm glad we stayed team green this time. Had I found out during the pregnancy it would've crushed me and I'd hated the rest of it. People were asking whether it was a boy or a girl and I loved to say (with the happiest face) "We don't know" (like we didn't even care). I got comments like "fingers crossed it'll be a girl this time", "oh wouldn't it be nice to have a girl" etc. and these came from people who knew nothing about my gender dreams. Once he was born, we heard comments like "don't you have the recipe on how to make girls" or "and another boy hahahaa" etc. Yeah whatever.

I'm now seeing a therapist again, because my GD obviously goes way back to my childhood and I can't get over this. I want to try once more but before that I need to get more prepared to expect and love both boy and a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After 3 lovely boys, hoping for a little girl...

13. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, aussiesmiler liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to take the opportunity to mention, bambi and others - I don't think GD stems from our childhoods. I really don't. When we have these feelings it is all too easy to go back and look for the "trauma" that made it happen but there are a lot of people on the boards who will say "I had a lovely relationship with my mother and sisters and this is why I have GD". Just as many if not more than who had something in their childhood that seemingly explains it.

I really, really truly think there is something innate in some of us that really want a child of a certain gender or both genders and it's born into us. We look for some reason to explain it but it is just THERE, like the desire to find someone to love romantically or having children at all is for most people. No one says, "I wanted a boyfriend or a baby because of this childhood trauma I experienced", they want that cause most women naturally do and I think having a child of a certain gender is just programmed into some of us more than others. I do not think any of us are broken or wrong for wanting a child of a certain gender, it just is what it is, some kind of drive or even a craving that is outside of our control to some extent.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi kitty

We are preparing for ttc no5 in August. I found out with all 4 of my boys so desperate to finally hear girl. I never swayed with my boys either. I am so so hoping that this is our lucky last try. I have always thought if id have a 5th that I am not finding out. I believe that after the birth I won't care as much so to speak pain of labor etc (or so im thinking). It will be so hard as im usually Ms impatient but this is definitely our last baby and it will be more of a reason to get that baby out 😂 our boys were all conceived fairly quickly i am hoping we do conceive in August as baby would be due just before hubbys birthday and it would be so great if it was our girl.

I get alot of comments about my boys but i love them to bits. I also don't think I would believe the us tech if they told me girl and i wouldn't buy pink til she was born 😂😂

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

16. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kitty0911 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_bean View Post
    I saw a mom today with 3 older boys. They were all very affectionate towards her and helping her shop. She did have a baby in a stroller which I couldn't see, so no clue if it was a boy or a girl. She looked really happy and peaceful. I was actually a little envious of her and now can't wait until my sons are older so they can treat me like that haha

People's comments are so hurtful, I am sorry Am3a that they were so insensitive to you. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for other people's comments I would have never had GD with DS2.
    I have seen this quite a bit when grocery shopping. and it is in NO WAY meant to take away from any relationship that moms and daughters have, but I have seen on several occasions over the course of many years moms and sons in stores having fun together, clowning around, interacting and seemingly being great friends. Moms with sons of all ages too. Little ones, big ones, and everything in between. That is how it is with my boys too so it was just something I started to notice, I guess. I have seen moms and teen daughters in stores too and the daughters were texting. (again not saying how it is universaly or stereotypically, just something I noticed occasionally that made me feel better. ) Daughters aren't necessarily best friends with moms and sons aren't neccesarily withdrawn and uninvolved with their moms.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 26th, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

18. Likes trifecta, netti02, Kitty0911, pink_bean liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast