Thanks for the reply chezi 😊 Belated happy birthday!
Just on the topic of my friend and her comment - I do think it was made thoughtlessly and in the moment and while neither I, nor any of the other ladies present, made any quippy reply (I'm not one of those able to make a fast comeback, I do believe in filtering my replies so as not to say something I can't take back) I do think that in the time that passed after she could have brought it up and made some kind of acknowledgement that it was hurtful so me even if it was unintended. She's one of the very, very few I have confided my GD in, we've spoken many times about it and we've always been very kind to one another so I feel by not acknowledging it, actually the fact we haven't spoken since, makes me think she knows what she was taken in a hurtful way. It's the fact she hasn't tried to talk about it since that makes it worse than the "girl sperm" comment.
Oh and I do think you father had the perfect reply. I would never want any of my kids to think they were not wanted over the opposite gender. I think our third son will play a similar role in this family to the one you play in yours - the buffer 😊 He just is so happy! I never ever would think of any child as a failed sway, it sounds so horrible.
If I'm honest I don't think I will sway for our next child. I think I will just be happy regardless, hopeful for a daughter but just as thrilled with a son. I don't feel the way I used to before having DS3.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk