Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Green eyed monster...

Extremely close friends of mine and my DHs found out they are expecting baby #2 recently. They have an almost 4-year old boy and she is absolutely mad for a girl - and I just KNOW it will be a girl. I don't know why, especially cause I am genuinely happy for them and happy with my 3 boys, but I can think of little else since finding out. All my close friends have at least one girl except this one and I think I kinda feel like I'll be the only one that doesn't. She was on team blue until now, if that makes sense, but now I'll be all on my own. I don't really know the point of this post - I thought I was coming to grips with my GD but God this has just thrown me. We are tentatively planning on ttc#4 late this year, it will be our last chance. I could barely sleep last night cause I kept thinking in my head is there any merit behind the idea that conceiving at certain times of the year result in a particular sex and thinking what can I do to ttc in that time frame (but a lot of sites say March - May is peak girl time and I have two boys conceived in late May/early June so not sure I buy that!) Sorry for the moan, I had no idea where else to go

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    2012 2014 2016

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ikwym hopper. I love my 5 boys but its been hard lately. DH is not on board for anymore and i know thats for the best but oh does my heart ache. It shouldn't hurt this much but for some reason it does.

Im not sure about timing of the months. Ive conceived in February, May, October and November.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks netti - how have you been? I often think of the girls from our due date group last year especially those who had unsuccessful sways like myself. I'm sorry your DH isn't on board for another baby, mine wasn't initially and had booked a vasectomy but thankfully he cancelled and said we can try once more. I'm at peace with the idea of being an all boy mom and if our last child is indeed another boy I know that is what was intended for me and I have this boys mom gig nailed but I can't help but hope we might just MAYBE get that girl. I don't think I can imagine it any more though, I don't see a daughter in my future - and the unreasonable part of me can't help but begrudge parents of pigeon pairs, I dunno but for some reason that is what sets me off every single time. I am joined to an online FB group and was recently told by several members that I'm the only all boy mom of 3+ kids that they know. There's only 20 of us on the group but out of that 20 I'm the only one with all boys. And in my real life if this friend has a girl then I'll be the only mom in my circle that doesn't have a girl. Two moms have two girls each and claim to not care if they never have a boy, and every other mom I'm friends with has either a PP or two boys and a girl.

As for timing, my eldest was conceived June 4th, middle was May 21st and little man was Nov 13th (two Feb birthday and one Aug) DH wants to start ttc around Christmas. If it was up to me I'd ttc now cause I've no patience but I don't think I've ever been as boy friendly in my life so its not a good idea!

2012 2014 2016

6. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going ok after the arrival of ds5 last July and feeling well however ive now come to a halt. I had joked with my dh about March being the month to try again only in my jokes I was serious.

For my last 2 babies I was pregnant within the 6-8 month post delivery. My bodies got the itch again 😂 though im also verrry boy friendly atm and put on weight. I was going to the gym a few weeks back however DH stopped going due to an injury and so did I.

My DH thinks its pointless to try again unless its 100% a girl. And the review is still currently up in the air in Australia so theres no timeframe for that. Overseas travel atm is off the cards and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Somewhere im praying for a miracle.

8. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I kinda get what you mean. I guess we are on a high after baby arrived and once the high leaves and reality kicks in you kinda start thinking (or obsessing!!) about maybe we might get the girl if we try again! My DH had me promise that I will ok WHEN we hear #4 is another boy, I've said I will be so I can only hope that I actually will be. When we get pregnant again (hopefully!) it will 150% be our last baby and I really really don't want to stress and fixate on having a girl but when I automatically go into this mood at times it doesn't make that easy. I've gained weight the last while, back on the pill and I think it has increased my appetite so thinking of stopping. PGD is a no go for us, travel and the cost of treatment would cripple us. Wouldn't it be lovely if we got miracles!! Let's keep praying and hopefully someone is listening x

2012 2014 2016

10. Likes netti02, Magical22 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeh i get in that mood too and its not good. Ive been giving plenty of cuddles and kisses and that always helps.

I don't have anyone apart from here and dh to talk to so it does make it hard.

12. Thanks hopper, mrshrc thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're not alone, sometimes it feels like every single person I know got their girl either first or second go. The ones that already had a little boy, then had a girl are the worst for me, I just can't help being jealous. And then when they say stupid things to you like 'good thing we had a girl this time as this definitely our last' or 'I would have definitely gone for a 3rd if I had 2 boys, but then there's no guarantee of girl.. queue giggles..' I honestly just don't know what to say half the time!!! It just seems so easy for some doesn't it??
    2014 2016

14. Thanks hopper, Hopefullmummy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hardly know anyone with just boys. All of the friends I see regularly have girls. In fact, in the group of us that usually hangs out, there's only one other boy and then six girls. The conversation gets pulled to hair and dresses and everyone buying their girls matching shoes. Everyone in my extended family has either a girl or a PP. I'm losing my mind at the gut feeling that I'm having a third boy and a fourth isn't likely to be in the cards for me.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

16. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Likes BrightSky liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why cos they are just words but it's the facebook posts where it says " share if you have a beautiful daughter who is your best friend" or something along those lines... My sister who has a daughter shares them All The Time! It just cuts like a knife and I have no idea why? I love my boys endlessly but maybe it's the thought of missing out on something???? *sigh* I am really trying to let go but some days are just impossible xx big hugs to all the mums feeling the same xx
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

18. Thanks BrightSky, hopper thanked for this post
    Likes netti02, TDJ liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still to this day the pigeon pair thing gets to me. Even though I never WANTED a pigeon pair to begin with!

Literally everyone I know IRL - I'm talking friends of friends here, relatives, etc. had nothing but pigeon pairs ever since I had my 3rd boy 9 years ago. PP after PP, without even trying. It's like they just ordered it up on a silver platter and it was delivered. Like, 30 couples it seemed like, basically everyone I know who is not affiliated with IG or GD. And they all look super rich and super happy and are posting pics on FB of going to Disneyland and all the rest of it. I can't help but think, gee whiz, I had all boys for 21 years, had to do all this stuff and research to get one girl and she came when I was 42 years old and I'll be elderly or dead before I can really even enjoy her as an adult, you know?? It just really feels unfair in a way that still is upsetting even though I know I shouldn't be upset about it.

IT's just one of those things that still rubs me the wrong way, and so I totally understand where you're coming from.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast