Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted 3, DH always wanted 4, so early on we said if we ever have three of the same gender, we would go for the 4th. But that would be it for us. I do love big families but this is it for us. We just wanted to eventually have 4 kids so even if they were all boys or all girls, we would have stopped at 4. (Although DH is now saying we should leave room for an oops baby) I'm like NO way, we are done after this one! He loves having lots of kids
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definately im done with 3, regardless of gender.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were definately done at 4, no matter what, 4 was the absolute max! then i found out i was pregnant........massive surprise! we honestly dont know how it happened! (i know that sounds silly) But we only ever get pregnant actually on the day i ovulate..........so we didnt do anything on the day, made sure from a few days before and until a few days after we stayed away lol! but somehow its still happened! So now were going to have 5......but it really is the absolute limit, DH is booked in to have the snip, were just waiting for his appointment to come through and it should have been sorted before i get to 20wks!! Im glad i never got the girl i so badly wanted as i wouldnt have had all my boys. I wanted my 1st to boy and got him, i was desperate after that to have a little girl, and if ds2 had been girl, i honestly dont think we ever would have had more than 2 children, so i really am pleased that my children are all boys, or i wouldnt have had the chance to love these fantastic little people! Now with my current pregnancy, gender really isnt issue, I'll be just happy with a fifth boy because i realise how wonderful my sons are, and if i do have a girl, then great too!
    May 05 Nov 07 Dec 08 May 11
    And our Very Big Surprise due May 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We knew we wanted 3. In all honesty, I didn't want 4 and waffled back and forth for a while on #4 if it was a guaranteed girl. Now that she is here, I simply can't picture life without her. And I am 100% GD cured. No bitterness whatsoever that I had 4 kids to "get her" or that I went HT. Those feelings truly went away. Sometimes I look at other families with just 2 kids and think, wow, their lives must be so much easier. But that's about the extent of it.

With #4, I am genuinely fulfilled and have zero regrets. GL with your decision.
    3 's & baby on the 3rd try of MS/IVF/PGD at GIVF

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgirl View Post
    We knew we wanted 3. In all honesty, I didn't want 4 and waffled back and forth for a while on #4 if it was a guaranteed girl. Now that she is here, I simply can't picture life without her. And I am 100% GD cured. No bitterness whatsoever that I had 4 kids to "get her" or that I went HT. Those feelings truly went away. Sometimes I look at other families with just 2 kids and think, wow, their lives must be so much easier. But that's about the extent of it.

With #4, I am genuinely fulfilled and have zero regrets. GL with your decision.
    That's exactly how I do feel now (wanted 3 for sure, don't want 4) but how I hope I'd feel if we do eventually go for a DS. Which would likely be adoption for us since DH isn't up for HT. I wish he was but it's not going to change, so for us it would be adoption. IF we adopted I think I'd be happy I had him, and I do love my daughters, so I *think* I wouldn't be bitter about having the 3 of them first. But good gracious 4 kids feels overwhelming to me. Although at this point 3 kids feels overwhelming too, LOL, mostly b/c the %$^# GD is wrecking my normally happy, easygoing personality

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Begonia
    Wish I could hug you right now xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you 5 I would take it, LOL, and I'm not normally a hugger! I do KNOW it'll get better but it is SO hard to believe that right now. I need it better now, KWIM? But I don't think it'll be better til after she's here, and even then I think it's going to take me a long time to get past it. After all, I spent almost an entire year believing I was going to get pg/was pg with a boy (I felt like believing it would happen was an important part of the sway, at least for me) so I guess I should expect it to take at least as long to get over the disappointment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have kept going until I got my DG. I am pregnant with her now (praise God) after 3 boys. But hubby and I always wanted at least 6 so we would have kept going regardless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hubby said 3 is our max.
    We have two boys now, so if we wind up with boy 3, I might push him into a fourth. Not sure.
    Also afraid if we DO get our DD third, that I'm going to be so in love with her that I'll want to try to sway for another DD
    Then, there's also the strange residial feeling I get that I'm not "done" with having boys yet (I don't know what that is about, but it hangs around me like a ghost, almost, lol)
    In my heart of my hearts, I would love 4. I think 4 would be a totally complete family, as I'm the last of four. I guess I keep picturing a family similiar to what my mom had, but in reverse, she had: GGBG, and I keep picturing BBGB for me. Though I think if we have a girl next, hubby is locking that door, because he does NOT want two DDs or the chance of it. He'd happily be a boy dad 100%.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4 and we are done. I would have been done already but we lost Evan last Dec at 26 weeks along. So whether this baby is a girl or a boy we are done!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast