Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    How long have you and DH been talking about it?
    We've been talking about a third child since we can home from hospital with DS2. I didn't know the sex until he was born and even though I didn't experience any GD with him I knew that I wanted to try again for a girl. I was keen to try again pretty early on but we decided to wait and then I started studying so put it off again and again, so now if we do go for a third I'd like it to be in the next 6 to 12 months. Like you say having the bigger gap will make it feel all new again not to mention only 1 in nappies etc and if it is another boy i'm sure it will still be so lovely to have a baby in the house again.

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by *ruby* View Post
    We've been talking about a third child since we can home from hospital with DS2. I didn't know the sex until he was born and even though I didn't experience any GD with him I knew that I wanted to try again for a girl. I was keen to try again pretty early on but we decided to wait and then I started studying so put it off again and again, so now if we do go for a third I'd like it to be in the next 6 to 12 months. Like you say having the bigger gap will make it feel all new again not to mention only 1 in nappies etc and if it is another boy i'm sure it will still be so lovely to have a baby in the house again.
    It really would be precious And that joy of having a baby again can help with the GD for sure. My 1st 2 DD are 3.5 years apart, so DD1 was done with naps and diapers and all that "baby" stuff. But it was so refreshing to go back! My GD with DD2 was pretty short lived as well because I knew we'd have one more baby.

Anyhow you and DH have clearly talked about it for years then ... it would be hard NOT to go through with trying I think, after all the years of discussion. That's where DH and I found ourselves earlier this year. But like you I got cold feet when it REALLY came time to try, because I realized that I very well could end up with 3DD. And I did, LOL. But lots and LOTS of women, here and IRL, DO get opposites with their 3rd after 2 of a kind. Have hope!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just thought i'd update.

We've decided to go for it, YAY! We're going to TTC from June, so I have 6 months to get organised and work out what we'll be doing re swaying etc. We won't be doing HT so if we end up with boy no 3 that must be what is meant for our family. A recent devastating loss in our family has made us realise how much we just want a healthy baby and I know that which ever gender we end up with will be such a welcome addition.

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12