Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Applesoup...I can relate a little as my scan is tomorrow...of course I am hoping to hear "it's a boy" so how about we do an exchange...you can have my "it's a girl" worries and I'll carry yours. )

My only truly comforting thought for myself is that if it is another girl, then that little girl will be coming into the world with such a willingness to be loved by us that it can't possibly be denied that she was meant to be here. That thought alone somehow gives me the most overwhelming sense of love for this baby without me even knowing what the gender is (wow, I really can't stop the tears now).

Fingers crossed for you Applesoup...hope you can find your comforting thought to get you through until Monday.
    DD#1 - 06 DD#2 - 08 DD#3 - 12

3 x cycles at SART - unsuccessful
    Moved on from HT - tried naturally
    Beautiful baby girl # 3 born in May

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Is DH going with you? Will you have them write it down or tell you while you're there in the scan? We'll all be thinking of you and keeping FX!
    Yes, DH will be coming. A good friend is kind enough to watch the boys for me. I'm strongly thinking about having them write it down & find it out later. (Has anyone done this? Did the tech ask WHY they wanted them to write it down?)

I really appreciate everyone's support & well wishes. It means a lot to me.

Is this how you all would feel? Or am I sounding more upset & (crazy?) then you'd be?

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    Applesoup...I can relate a little as my scan is tomorrow...of course I am hoping to hear "it's a boy" so how about we do an exchange...you can have my "it's a girl" worries and I'll carry yours. )

My only truly comforting thought for myself is that if it is another girl, then that little girl will be coming into the world with such a willingness to be loved by us that it can't possibly be denied that she was meant to be here. That thought alone somehow gives me the most overwhelming sense of love for this baby without me even knowing what the gender is (wow, I really can't stop the tears now).

Fingers crossed for you Applesoup...hope you can find your comforting thought to get you through until Monday.
    Good luck! Please update us when you can!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (((hugs)))

I get where you are coming from, although I only have two boys. I am a nervous wreck for my NT scan on Monday. I'm assuming they'll look at the gender (I'll be over 13 weeks so probably not too early), but I'm terrified.
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having them write it down can be a good option--then you don't have to be nervous about your reaction in front of the u/s lady. You don't need to tell her a reason and if she asks just say you want to enjoy the moment with just your hubby.

Tons of people feel the same way you do! Trust me!!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by applesoup View Post
    Yes, DH will be coming. A good friend is kind enough to watch the boys for me. I'm strongly thinking about having them write it down & find it out later. (Has anyone done this? Did the tech ask WHY they wanted them to write it down?)

I really appreciate everyone's support & well wishes. It means a lot to me.

Is this how you all would feel? Or am I sounding more upset & (crazy?) then you'd be?
    This (your original post) is EXACTLY how I will feel IF we go for #4. I identify with those feelings now, with #3, which is why I'm not sure I have the courage to go for 4. And I know for sure you (and I) are not the only ones to feel like this, so at least if it's crazy you're not crazy by yourself I totally (sadly) identified with you saying that when your boys hugged you after you heard about DS3, it wasn't comforting at first, it was just a reminder of being outnumbered. After hearing this was DD3 I had weeks where I was pretty disconnected from my girls and it was terrifying for me; it did pass though, and I am sure if you go through that again you'll get past it too.

Re: writing it down, we did do that. I knew the gender before DH and I went to my 20 week (I had a "secret" scan at 16 that DH still doesn't know about) but I also knew that hearing it again would make me bawl right there in front of our u/s tech. So we told him we wanted a photo of gender but that we didn't want to hear or see it in the scan. He was totally fine with that; I think it has become a pretty common request. So when he went to look at gender he told us to close our eyes, and then he folded the pics and handed them to us on the way out. We looked once we were in the parking lot so it wasn't like we did anything fun or exciting to reveal it, but like I said, I knew already so it was just confirmation for me. And I bawled all day. And days and weeks and months after.

But like Grasshopper said, there's no doubt in my mind I'll love her to bits and she's going to be a wonderful addition to our family. But the pain, the not having a DS, still hurts. It's hurt since DD1 wasn't a DS, so while I adore my kids and don't think I'd love a son any more than any of them, it just is an unfulfilled desire that will likely always be a painful spot for me.

Good luck Grasshopper! Blue for you, pink for Applesoup!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you're so stressed, hun, and I think we all can relate. I too swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and cried my heart out when I found out he was a boy. I do think this time I'm going to ask them to write the gender down because I don't want to start bawling while lying on the table.

Good luck, and I'll be thinking pink thoughts for you on Monday.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    And I know for sure you (and I) are not the only ones to feel like this, so at least if it's crazy you're not crazy by yourself

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    I'm so sorry you're so stressed, hun, and I think we all can relate. I too swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and cried my heart out when I found out he was a boy. I do think this time I'm going to ask them to write the gender down because I don't want to start bawling while lying on the table.

Good luck, and I'll be thinking pink thoughts for you on Monday.
    I'm going to do the same and ask them to take a few potty shots (while we look away) so we can sit at home and take a look. We know what girls look like so should be able to tell :P
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your emotions are TOTALLY normal!!!! I feel the same way!!!!

We went team green w/ DS3 b/c they told us TWICE that DS2 was a girl...but we found out at a 3d scan later on and it was VERY hard for me to disconnect from my 'daughter' and move on. So, we went team green w/ DS3...however the tech totally slipped and I knew it was a boy. DH wanted to continue to wait.

For the next baby....DH wants to go team green, but I really want to find out to handle my emotions before hand.

Thinking of you!!!!!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast