Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big {hugs} and good luck for Monday. I was absoutely terrified before my gender scan - both of what the baby would be and how I would react. Now I'm terrified of a scenario like KYBO's!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my second son I wish I would have had the tech write it down. She announced it was a boy. My husband really embarrassed me by saying how sorry he was because he knew I wanted a girl and asking if I was going to cry. I spent the rest of the pregnancy really sad. I felt a little better once he was born and now I just love him to pieces. He is the easiest, happiest, most lovable baby ever.

Good luck!!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zanacal...your shot was clear!!!! I woudn't be worried )))

I feel confident I know a 'good' girl shot now, so I don't feel too hesitant about finding out the gender via u/s ))) No worries girlie!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that asking them to write it down and looking when you're ready (or alone) is the best idea for you. I really do feel for you. And truly hope that you get your girl.

There are a million moms that feel just like you! We're here for you, you're not alone!
    Now SIXbabies!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what time is your scan hun my scan is monday and i'm dreading it this is my 5th after 4 boys so i completely understand where your at right now so here what i suggest i'll go to mine at 10 o'clock and promise i won't cry until i'm home i'm getting them 2 write it down so I can hit my husband in private because obviously it will be he his fault lol so how about we cry together and dread it together and chat about how let down we are huge hugs to you pm me if you want hun
    so im back and

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fx you all hear you DG at your up and coming scans ladies. I truely hope you get that magical moment. x
    2 yrs old ~ 4 yrs old ~ TTC Now!

My blog if you fancy a read...

http://honeybumblecustomdyed.blogspot.co.uk/

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just my own 2 cents': We went Team Green with DS2 and I regret that. Even in the last few moments of pushing during labor, I was thinking, "Be a girl, be a girl ..."

And, to make it worse, right after the baby was born (and before they announced a gender), my delivery nurse said to someone else in the room, "She's doing great." And I thought, "Yes! 'She'!" But then my DH leaned in and said, "We have a son and it's going to be great" (he was trying to be reassuring, as he knew what I was hoping for). So, yeah, the nurse was talking about *me* ... *I* was "she."

Anyhow, I bawled and bawled and bawled until my eyes were swollen. At least no one looked at me funny since it's perfectly normal for a mom to cry after delivery. And certainly the tears were partially due to big feelings of love ... but I also had big, big feelings of disappointment. And I feel like that was a cloud that hung over the first several weeks of my DS2's life ... and that's time I don't get back. So next time around, which will be our last, I do want to find out via ultrasound (we didn't find out with DS1, either, although a health condition meant I got a ton of ultrasounds in the last few weeks of pregnancy and twice I had nurses slip up and mention "boy" so I was 95% sure in advance). I want to have that time to adjust to the idea, if he is our third son, so that by the time he is born I can just be in the frame of mind to love him and soak up the newness of our last baby.

I think a person is just going to feel a certain level of disappointment if you don't get your desired gender. It's just a matter of when you feel better equipped to handle that feeling ... midway through pregnancy or after birth (which, you know, has lots of crazy hormones and a sore body and sleepless nights ... a hard time to also deal with sadness).

Sending lots of pink thoughts for you, without a speck of sadness in sight!!!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dramabird, thank you for your post. I've thought seriously about waiting until delivery to find out & my mom was really pushing for me to wait this time. I think you said it best, "...a person is just going to feel a certain level of disappointment if you don't get your desired gender." And that's really the truth of it!

I appreciated your story, because I think I'd be the same way! The fact that you were still wishing for a girl as you pushed the baby out, is totally what I'd do, too. On some level, I would have some level of hope that it's a girl. JUST as I have some level of hope that I'll find out on Monday that it's a girl. The nice thing about Monday, is that I have 4.5 months to get over it, cry about it, and re-excite myself just to have a baby VS. wishing for those moments back.

Your story reaffirmed my decision to find out now. Thanks!

PS, what a fantastic husband to recognize what you were thinking when the nurse said that & to recognize your feelings enough to tell you gently it would be fine.

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you hear what you want at your scan.
    Im not even UTD yet but I often think about how I will react to finding out the gender of #3.
    good luck, FX'd!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck applesoup!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast