Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting nervous for my NT scan tomorrow (1-23)

My NT is tomorrow at 11:30am. I'm SO nervous. Nervous for the results and nervous about finding out the gender. I will be a bit over 13 weeks so I think they will *probably* be able to tell the gender or at least give me a pretty good guess. Apparently they have high tech machines and have been telling people as early as 12 weeks (nub theory, I'm guessing).

I'm excited to find out, but just scared of my reaction. I've been telling myself it's a boy but of course I keep dreaming about hearing "it's a girl". And then I try to snap myself out of it and tell myself "that's not going to happen, stupid!!" LOL

So far I've been obsessing about the gender and i feel like tomorrow is that day that either my dream comes true, or it's buried. I think I'm OK with boy #3. I don't think I'll have a break down because I know it's 50/50 and there's a very good chance of another boy. But, it would be so nice to call my mom and sister and tell them it's a girl. It would be so nice to buy a pink dress.

And then at the same time, I know whatever they say tomorrow won't really be 100% since it's so early. So, if they say boy I'll still have some hope that it can change. If they say girl, I'll worry that she'll grow a penis. LOL Alot of the OWT say girl and I know in my head they are total BS, but they still give me that hope. Ugh. I don't want to have hope because it makes it hurt more.

I really hope this baby is healthy and I hope I can be at peace with either gender. I do want a baby more than I want a girl. But damn it sure would be nice to buy some pink.
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand, oh how I understand! I had mine the day before yesterday (no nub).
    I hope your baby is healthy and that it is a girl of course.
    If it is a boy it´s normal if you have a bad reaction at first, but that won´t last forever.
    Good luck, I´ll keep my fingers crossed tomorrow!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll feel the EXACT same way. The NT scan is an option for me and I think I'll deny it just so I can put if off.

I think going in with a level head like you're doing is good. your emotions are sooo normal and exactly what alot of us feel. I pray you get a girl *guess* b/c like you said, even at that gestation and high tech machiens....you just can't be 100%. Share your pics tomorrow with us!!!!!!!!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get it! I was super nervous with my NT scan for this one (though it revealed no gender clues) ... FX that you hear a pink guess tomorrow and of course that your bean looks perfectly healthy Keep us posted!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh how I've been there. {hugs} and good luck for tomorrow x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK ladies, I have gone from nervous to completely terrified!!! I don't know why, but the closer it gets to tomorrow, the more scared I become. I keep imagining the tech saying girl and then I push it out of my mind. I'm trying to hard to convince myself it's a boy but it's not working!! I have some hope left but I don't want to have hope. Hope makes it hurt more!! UGH. I am going crazy. I don't even know for sure if they'll be able to guess the gender tomorrow (I think so but not sure), yet I am absolutely obsessing over it.

Today I was an emotional wreck and of course my younger son was being a terror and I told my DH I just can't do this again. (meaning, raise another crazy boy!). I just want a calm and easy going girl to bring some peace and harmony to this mad house.

God help me tomorrow.
    x2

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be soooo careful. Just over 13 weeks? And they say they can tell?....I wouldn't put 100% confidence in whatever you hear. But GL!!!!!!
    Now SIXbabies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck tomorrow, i hope you hear

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Annabel, can't wait to hear what they say!!

I totally understand how you're feeling, but in my opinion, finding out some kind of clue, etc, will make it easier to get prepared! I totally also get your thoughts on not able to raise another crazy boy, but keep in mind, that girls can be mischevious too and can be loud, etc, as children!

I know you will whatever baby you have growing, and I wish you the best of luck in hearing PINK!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    70% boy.

I am devestated.
    x2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast