Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fun family View Post
    I also had someone tell me that I maybe I did something bad in another life, so God punished me with all boys. .
    I feel like I was cursed with girls. No one has ever told me that, but I feel that way. I think boys would be much more of a blessing!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fun family View Post
    I have had actually had someone (SIL) say that my boys were a curse. She said, "when I have kids, I better not be cursed with all boys like you." I also had someone tell me that I maybe I did something bad in another life, so God punished me with all boys. Its tough having 4 of the same gender in a row--people just gotta make rude comments about it. I always wanted boys--but I want a girl too. i think its normal to want to experience both.
    Wow, I can't believe people have actually said that to you! That's awful! Your SIL sounds like a piece of work. It must be really tough for families who have 3 or more children of the same gender. Now people see healthy beautiful children as curses. What happened to children being blessings??

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 dd's. The whole problem of my circle where I live is that sons are put on a pedestal and are considered superior. I also felt I couldn't give DH his replacement or his car/fishing buddy. Felt useless.
    But then, after dd2 was born with a genetic condition that puts her at a disadvantage physically to her peers, I quickly woke up and realised "hold on, how could I not love my dd's for what they are ? They are like me for goodness sake !". Strong, intelligent,women of the future ! That is now my duty to install in them the values of equality, give them a future free of gender bias and raise them to be the women i have aspired to all my life.
    I also used to think, how easy is it for the majority of women to have boys ? How can that be ? they find it so hard to have a girl , yet it comes so easy to us. Very strange indeed. So i try looking at the positives of that. We are the minority (i believe) and we have a responsibility to our sex.
    I still wanted to go HT to fill that gap so we could experience both genders, it was more for DH. he's such a great man, I wanted to put myself thru the process so he could have a mini dh, and for me it was to feel like I did my duty .The GD does go away and the future looks clearer i.e. you no longer feel that bug in the back of your head.So even though HT is emotionally and financially expensive, when it works, it works.
    I wish you all peace in whatever you think is right for you.

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just when I was feeling a little bit better about having another girl, I have to hear that someone had a boy! This is not helping my GD. So many people this year have had boys or are having boys. This is like torture! Every time I hear someone is having a boy it brings me back to square one. I don't think I will ever heal from this. I'm becoming so bitter about looking into HT & spending $20k or more to get a boy when all these people I know conceive boys so easily. Life just isn't fair!! Just venting here.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreams View Post
    Just when I was feeling a little bit better about having another girl, I have to hear that someone had a boy! This is not helping my GD. So many people this year have had boys or are having boys. This is like torture! Every time I hear someone is having a boy it brings me back to square one. I don't think I will ever heal from this. I'm becoming so bitter about looking into HT & spending $20k or more to get a boy when all these people I know conceive boys so easily. Life just isn't fair!! Just venting here.
    I know how you feel. It makes me nuts when I see people who have boys who don't even care about gender, and would have been happy with a girl, or would have even preferred a girl! It is really not fair at all.

It seems to be a boy wave around me too, and it hurts to hear everyone is getting what I want.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I know how you feel. It makes me nuts when I see people who have boys who don't even care about gender, and would have been happy with a girl, or would have even preferred a girl! It is really not fair at all.

It seems to be a boy wave around me too, and it hurts to hear everyone is getting what I want.
    The people I envy the most are the ones who don't care about gender. They appreciate and enjoy all of their pregnancies. Those are the people who also have a mixed gender family. I guess when you want something so badly you don't get it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's exactly how I feel about people that can conceive girls! I'm one to that has four of one gender. I have 4 boys and am desperately trying for a girl. I'm on the LE diet and will be doing the TBM Or the Lime douche just to increase my chances. DH isn't helping out so I'm on my own with this. So I'm hoping and praying that all my hard work will pay off. I know if I hear boy then my world will be crushed. I know that sounds terrible but I've been wanting a girl since my first boy! This will be my last baby so I just want to be able to have that mother daughter bond and know what It's like to have a baby girl.
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The people I envy the most are the ones who don't care about gender. They appreciate and enjoy all of their pregnancies. Those are the people who also have a mixed gender family. I guess when you want something so badly you don't get it.
    I have both genders and still have GD. I don't know how I ever got my son (no swaying--just luck), but I still never had a care-free pregnancy. My pregnancy with him was fraught with worry that he had genetic issues because I had tests come back positive for downs, so the moment of his birth when I should have been crying tears of joy when hearing "It's a BOY!" my first thought was just, "Is he healthy?" That was actually the first thing I asked the doctor!

I guess my GD probably seems less legitimate since I do have one son, but believe me, I hurt as deeply as anyone. I was a wreck when I found out DC3 was a girl. My son has been asking for a brother for years, and so far he's gotten one baby sister and probably another on the way. I worry about him being surrounded by girls and feeling left out all his childhood. It breaks my heart that I probably can't give him what he wants so badly--a brother. My daughter got a sister that she asked for, so why can't my son have what he wants, too?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope your boy gets the brother he wants, Hobbermittens.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myloves View Post
    I hope your boy gets the brother he wants, Hobbermittens.
    Thanks, Myloves.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast