Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do feel very fortunate that I got to experience being in a mixed-gender family.

I am happy that I had two older sisters so I could have sisters and expereince that (although not in a traditional sense; they were 12 and 10 years older than me so almost like two extra mother hens)

I am very happy that I have an older brother. I think he really taught me a lot and gave me some insight on the male psyche.

I am delighed that my daughter will get to experience two of that, and equally delighted now that it's all done and said now that DS2 is a boy (had some GD with him) and my older son has a brother. I am already thinking about baby 4, and while I"d like to have a 2nd daughter to give Lillian a sister, I would really be OK with my last baby being a boy too, since I have this uncompleted feeling about a boy baby.

But I do also agree that same-gender families are extremely special and unique, and that it is pretty cool for the kids to have that to relate to one another.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara78 & sugar - I agree that same gender families are nice for the children. I am definitely closer with my sister than I am with my brother. Sometimes I feel I am being selfish in wanting a brother for my daughter instead of a sister. I know some couples who have a pigeon pair and wish they had more children because the 2 they have don't get along or have a strong bond. Even though I will have 2 girls, I will still want to try for that boy. Then if I have a boy I will probably be like auroara78 and want to try to have another boy so my child would have a brother. It never ends I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL it never does end!

Hours after finding out that I was having my dream of a DD come true, I was already plotting ideas for 2-3 years down the road doing another sway in hopes of having a second DD, and my husband was plotting ideas 2-3 years down the road to try to figure out how he could make another boy.

I thought once I knew I was having a DD the Gender Desire would end, but it just grows more strongly, the picture of two beautiful older boys and two younger girls. And then sometimes, I can see my two older boys, 1 gorgeous girl, and an amazing last boy baby.

That is the only way I will truly go for a 4th--is if that image of the blue eyed sweet little boy lingers and I will finally feel complete with 4 no matter the gender.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only wanted one daughter then the rest boys. But I also only wanted 2-3 kids!! I have 6 kids. 5 girls in a row and my last is a boy. I fid have gd with my third fourth and fifth daughter. I also would hate hearing someone was having a boy that i knew. I had to keep trying for the boy. I would not feel complete without able to have a son. I didnt want to have regret either. So i took my chances. I do love my daughters but I kno they will probably give me a hard time. Hopefully they won't. I think my fear comes from my own experience not being close to my mom and always fighting with her. I want a relationship with my girls to be a good one.
    Married, stay at home mom to 6 kids!! 5 girls in a row! Our 6th is our one and only son! 12, 9, 4, 2, 1 & 3months old!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand I fear having more girls because I don't get on with my mom or my sister. I feel like with girls there's do much jealousy and competition. I see some mother daughter And sisters get along so well I wonder if I'm cursed with not getting along with so many girls. I too wish i could be one if those people who don't care

Quote Originally Posted by my5girls View Post
    I only wanted one daughter then the rest boys. But I also only wanted 2-3 kids!! I have 6 kids. 5 girls in a row and my last is a boy. I fid have gd with my third fourth and fifth daughter. I also would hate hearing someone was having a boy that i knew. I had to keep trying for the boy. I would not feel complete without able to have a son. I didnt want to have regret either. So i took my chances. I do love my daughters but I kno they will probably give me a hard time. Hopefully they won't. I think my fear comes from my own experience not being close to my mom and always fighting with her. I want a relationship with my girls to be a good one.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand your GD, but I also want to tell you that my mum and little sis are my best friends.
    We are so closing and having so much fun together and we like to do mother-daughter-things (like next week we will go abroad for Christmas shopping) I think you are blessed with your girls
    But I hope you all will get your dreamgender one day...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'd feel the same if I had all girls. After my DD passed away I was desperate for a boy (my DD had a chromosomal defect that only affect females) and sat for ages and prayed and hoped and was on the verge of tears because I was convinced it was a girl. When I heard "boy" I was over the moon - I don't think I wiped my stupid grin of my face for weeks!

With DS2 I was only disappointed because OH said it was the last. I did want a girl because I wanted one of each. But once he was born I was OK!

This time I do desperately want a little girl - but had my two sons been girls I know I'd be desperate for a boy! I just think it depends what you've got for most people. Ofc there are some who wants only one gender - like my mum wanted only boys and ended up with 5 girls and 1 boy. But hey-ho, most of us get over it and love our children irregardless.

With my DS2 I did't really enjoy my pregnancy after hearing boy, but he's my little charmer today!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345