Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, boys are super fab when it comes to lots of cuddles!
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. I dont let on to ANYONE my desire of having a wee girl. I have 2 gorgeous boys and swayed pink but from my 12 weeks scan it looks like another little man which is fine by me. When people say to me, oohh ibet you wanna girl this time, i just casually turn around and say no not really bothered, would actually prefer another wee man, they say yeah but than ya can dress her up in pretty wee things i turn and say well you can still dress a boy up in cute wee jeans and shirts, there is awesoem clothes, they say yea but not the same, and i get them with this one all the time..... I say.... I quite like being the only female in my house, i dont have to worry sharing my clothes for dress ups, sharing my makeup, and coz i know what hell i put my mother through when i was younger if i had a girl it would just be Karma coming back to haunt me..... honestly very happy with my boys! (really wanna girl, so will be researching hard out for my next one!) lol
    Proud mummy to.. and also step mummy to
    Hoping to add a beautiful to the mix to complete our 2 families to one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the comments never stop, ya'll, even when you GET your desired gender, hahah!

All I've heard in the last few weeks is that I'm too "big" to be carrying a girl!! "Are you SURE the ultrasound was right????" (hmm I trust my doctor's very nice state of the art machine, yes!) The jokes: "Maybe it'll come out as twin boys!" ..."please tell me you're having twins, right?" "you're not shaped right to be carrying a girl...the doctor was wrong" (what I'm supposed to believe you, old lady, and not my very accurate ultrasound tech???) "What are you going to do with all the baby girl clothes if you bring home a boy?"

Apparently, my body is not carrying this baby very girl-like, and people are doubting my ultrasound. It's gotten so bad that I've shared with my husband some of the comments and he rolls his eyes and says, "really? we know what we saw at the ultrasound...how could you doubt that?"

The only thing that's been bothering is all the students where I work always act like I should be SO relieved I am not having another boy! They even say things like "whew, you got your girl finally" as if I just had my boys to get to this point of time. I am so tired of the "good thing you got the girl" comments because they make me feel like my boys are somehow meaningless to them. And I am so proud of my boys! They helped me grow so much more than I ever knew possible, and I'd never change them for anything!

So yeah, I think people in general are just very silly and don't think much before opening their big ol' mouths!

So sorry that man said that....one of old friends told me before I got pregnant there was no point trying for a 3rd because my DH just "shoots" boys...and well, we're not as close anymore, but I cannot believe some of the things people say!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aurora I am getting the same thing! When i was pregnant with my first I swelled up really bad and everyone was saying oh that's because it's a girl, it was really irritating my husband, not because he wanted a boy just people constantly commenting on how I was carrying, he was delighted it was a boy in the end. That is crazy people questioning your US results!!

To the OP you have only had two pregnancies, the same as me. As was already said the Duggars have 19 kids, 10 boys and 9 girls, 6 boys in a row and 5 girls in a row. None if us are boy/girl mothers. We are all very very lucky women that have carried x amount of healthy babies. When I told my friend it was a girl she said that's weird I was sure you would have all boys, she has two as well!! What a ridiculous comment!

My BIL was expecting his first when we were expecting our second. My other BIL said oh you won't have a girl there are too many boys in both our families, x (my other BIL) will have the girl and you the boy. I had only had one boy at the time. They did have a beautiful baby girl who has had chromosomal health problems, we had a healthy boy, both are equally as gorgeous we have just had an easier time of it! Gender doesn't matter.

When I got pregnant again my BIL laughed and said maybe it'll be your girl but I suppose you'll just keep trying! Because I've had them close people just presume that. I always wanted four children. I'm praying I'm blessed with four healthy ones above anything else but I am happy I can stick two fingers up to all the stupid people who say ridiculous things!! I always wanted to experience both and please God I get to from December, but the stupid comments will continue I suppose
    Last edited by Pstar32; August 15th, 2012 at 06:31 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I hate this. I get it from everyone sure that I will have 2 more boys, and I feel like it makes me believe they know something I don't know : (
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myangel2014 View Post
    That same guy at the party also once said to me: "do you want to know how it feels to hold a girl...then handed me his daughter..." what the hell! That is just mean...my husband didn't say anything either- cause he was caught off guard.

An old lady at the party also said to me " oh dear too bad you don't have any girls cause you are beautiful and your daughters would be gorgeous.'..WTF...why would anyone say that????

So sick of the STUPID COMMENTS!!!!!
    That moron would have been holding something alright... his teeth!

And what a silly old woman. Honestly, WTF is wrong with some people?? Maybe we should just ask that question next time someone says something so dumb.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Husband blames me for having all boys(we have 3 together , the other 3 from past relationship). My family all tell me i can only have boys after having 6 boys i hope i can finally conceive a girl. My heart breaks so bad
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It goes both ways, and I don't think people with their desired gender children stop to think about what they say. I had two girls when I found out I was pregnant with twins. I got ALL the comments about, "I'll bet it's two more girls" "I feel sorry for you, WHAT are you going to DO when they're teenagers?!" Look at all the weddings you'll have to pay for!, etc. etc. as if having 4 girls would be some terrible curse. I usually just smiled and said we hoped for two healthy babies and that God would give us what he wanted us to have. I prayed that at least one would be a boy and I was honest with people about that, though.

The thing that hurt the most was my MIL, who had 4 boys. She just can't shut up about how she never wanted a girl, girls are So much harder to raise (how she knows this, I have no clue), she's so glad she never had a girl. This to me who had two beautiful girls and her only granddaughters. I don't know what she was trying to accomplish by those comments, but they really hurt. And once they were born, "I'll bet your mom is thrilled" - why mil, bc you're not thrilled with your son's beautiful healthy daughter? I felt like she wouldn't/doesn't care as much for my dd's as she would if they were boys. And I know I would feel the same way if the situation was reversed and I had boys/she had girls. I just don't get the animosity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to you, myangel, I know exactly how you feel!

Everyone in my family assumes I'm done, because a trio of kids is pretty much as big as families get around here. My GD is really not that bad, I just get a bit jealous and envious whenever I either walk through stores and see all the adorable girl dresses (WHY can't they make CUTE boy things? I am so SICK of flannel shirts and jeans! Ugh!!!). Or when I see baby girls of course.

On top of that, I'm surrounded by families with at least one of each. Sigh. One of our best friends had 2 kids in the past few years, one girl and one boy. I'm happy for her, but so envious too! At least she was sensitive and always asked me if it bothered me to have her talk about her DD all the time, and I'm like of COURSE not! Also, we moved into a new house last year and on our street there are two families with one of each. Really makes me so jealous! Thank goodness there's a family down the street also with 3 boys so we don't feel so bad.

But yeah, mostly it makes me feel so left out, even though girls over the age of 3-4 terrify me!!

OTOH, I also think there are challenges to having only two kids and of mixed gender, as I wonder if they'd play together and bond as well as my boys have, not to mention So. Much. More. STUFF.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myangel2014 View Post

An old lady at the party also said to me " oh dear too bad you don't have any girls cause you are beautiful and your daughters would be gorgeous.'..WTF...why would anyone say that????
    OMG, that is a seriously *facepalm* comment. How awful, I'm so sorry you have to hear comments like that. We usually just get "wow, 3 boys, how do you keep up with them". And my reply is usually every little girl I've met has been MORE hyper and MORE loud and usually more dirty than my sons, LOL.

I would've shot back "My boys ARE beautiful!" And really, especially as infants, who can tell the difference anyways? I kept getting comments when my youngest DS was a baby how beautiful 'she' was.....even when he was in totally boy clothes!!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast