Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Island Meadow, that is such an insensitive thing to say of your own mother. Hugs to you

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Island- my dad said something to that exact effect my last pregnancy, he said I know you want a girl but I think it's another boy and your cousin will have a girl. I just remember saying gee thanks and being really irritated.
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom has said since we found out the gender to everyone "it's another stinking boy" I feel like she's ashamed of me and my other two boys. My brother has two girls and they live about 6 hours away. She still asks me all the time if they are sure about the gender... As if I don't feel bad enough!!
    Oct 2003 October2008 Feb 2013 but u/s says

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Meadow View Post
    Told family last night and already received a lovely comment from my mom. My brother and his gf recently announced their own pregnancy and they are due just 4 days before me. I am really excited for them both and completely over the moon to be an aunt, but what my mom said to me really upset me and put a damper on my excitement for both of us.

I told her last night and she said: Oh, I hope you have a girl this time, but I think you're going to have a boy. I don't know why... it's just a feeling. I don't want to jinx you or anything, but of course, the baby already is what he or she is anyway. Oh, and I really think K & C will have a girl.

Ummm... okay. What do I say to that? Gee thanks for your prediction. I'll make a note of it.
    I'm sorry I had to butt in island meadow.. Regardless of what gender the baby will be and what people think.. Shouldn't put a damper on your day .. People are so oblivious to the fact that soooooo many couples out there are barren whilst others have a 1 in a million chance to conceive.. But We are blessed to be amongst those who are fertile and child bearing and on top of that give birth to a healthy baby considering the tons and thousands diseases/disorders that are being diagnosed .. We are so blessed to be given all that and people are just totally inconsiderate ..
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234