Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

"she only makes boys"

I am a proud mom of 3 little boys and have gd about not having a girl. I will see what the future brings with my dream to have a little girl but the everyday comments get to me alot!

I was at a party last weekend for a friends little girl turning 1 and in front of all the family/friends that were there- my husbands friend yells out " ya those are her 3 boys, she only makes boys." What do I say to that? I have been struggling as it is and then to have those comments its hurtful. It makes me feel that I am inadequate or have a disease.

As it is its hard for me to function with 3 boys under 2- (twin boys 20months and 3 month old)- I can't go out without putting on a circus act and the comments are upsetting..I am definitely forming a thicker shell but its tough when I struggle with the dream of a daughter. Any thoughts or same situation stories help. Thank you

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got used to comments like that *sigh*
    It does hurt but keep in mind that not all the people you meet are intelligent
    Loves of our lives:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People said that about me all the time but after 4 boys I proved em wrong!!!

Michelle Duggar had 6 boys in a row and has gone on to conceive 5 girls in a row!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get comments like that all the time. From so many people! I figure people are either foolish or don't know how much it hurts. Even my DH called me a 'boy factory' before I let him know that it hurt me. I also get stories from people and I don't want to hear them. The lady at the bank said, "Oh, my grandmother wanted a girl and she had nine boys and NEVER got her girl!" Thank you, bank lady.

I usually say, "I like boys." I don't really know what else to say. And honestly, I do love my boys. I just have a longing for a girl.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People say the most hurtful things, it is a shame they can't engage their brains before they open their mouths.

I've had comments made by people who knew we were planning on having a third such as 'I bet you have twin boys' and 'Oh, I bet you're really hoping for a girl this time'. It is hard not to let them get to you, makes you feel like you should be upset about having boys when actually I wouldn't swap them for the world. Yes I would love to have a girl as my third and last child - mainly so I can experience a mother daughter relationship and also because I think the boys would benefit from having a sister. If we have another boy then clearly he was meant to be and I will love him every bit as much.

Try not to let the idiot comments get you down. xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People just say the stupidest things!! It irritates the hell out of me!
    I would say something like..."thank god I make boys because girls are way harder to raise as teenagers!!!"

I guess for me, I never let anyone really know my true desire for a girl. That's just me though!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all the support! Ya I beg to think I should never let on to anyone that I want a girl cause it just makes them feel bad for you and say even stupider things...That same guy at the party also once said to me: "do you want to know how it feels to hold a girl...then handed me his daughter..." what the hell! That is just mean...my husband didn't say anything either- cause he was caught off guard.

An old lady at the party also said to me " oh dear too bad you don't have any girls cause you are beautiful and your daughters would be gorgeous.'..WTF...why would anyone say that????

So sick of the STUPID COMMENTS!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mydream View Post
    People just say the stupidest things!! It irritates the hell out of me!
    I would say something like..."thank god I make boys because girls are way harder to raise as teenagers!!!"

I guess for me, I never let anyone really know my true desire for a girl. That's just me though!
    a compliment from a set of grandads the other day, it started badly HIM ugh daughters they are such trouble, always needing something even once they are grown up, don't have them.......ME I don't, HIM (slightly taken a back) you're right weldone good girl I'll tell your husband how blessed he his!

normally i would bite my tonge but i'm strating to devlop come backs just to try and make people think before they say something again.

myangel, yes lots of boys are a sign of fertility I guess we are just very blessed - is your response next time please ;-0

ignore them boys are brilliant i pray we all get to experiance the difference xxx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myangel2014 View Post
    Thank you for all the support! Ya I beg to think I should never let on to anyone that I want a girl cause it just makes them feel bad for you and say even stupider things...That same guy at the party also once said to me: "do you want to know how it feels to hold a girl...then handed me his daughter..." what the hell! That is just mean...my husband didn't say anything either- cause he was caught off guard.

An old lady at the party also said to me " oh dear too bad you don't have any girls cause you are beautiful and your daughters would be gorgeous.'..WTF...why would anyone say that????

So sick of the STUPID COMMENTS!!!!!
    change your friends they suck!

My husbands friend gave me his new born baby girl to cuddle, i stopped her crying obviously cause she is newborn and i'm not her mother, he said you should have a girl, i said i'll try to arrange that next time! he knew as soon as i responded what he said was redicilous and he didn't appologise and i wouldn't expect him to really but he won't ever say it again either.....

fight back ladies ;-0
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my...some people are either stupid or just mean! How could he have said...."do you want to know how it feels to hold a girl" People talk without thinking that they might be hurting someone else...I'm really sorry for that myangel I never tell anybody that I would like to have a girl, or almost anybody. Told one of my sisters that we were going to ttc soon and would have loved a girl this time, but did not tell anybody that we are swaying, nobody at all. It's just me and my DH. Don't want anybody to think that I will not love my son if it happens to be another DS. Yes we do wish to experience the feeling of having a daughter, of having that relationship we sometimes think that we might never have with a son (although we might also be wrong with that). We all hope we could go shopping with our little girls and actually enjoying it...as boys don't often enjoy shopping much! I guess we all hope we can talk more openly with our girls especially when they get older....but in the end who knows...We might even get our girls and when they grow up, we realize that we have better relationships with our sons Sometimes I wonder if a girl would come and throw her arms around me for a cuddle just as my 11 year old son still does!
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast