Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! The ultrasound is coming up soon, and has been on my mind a lot. I was hoping this week would go slow yet fast at the same time, and it has. Only 4 more days and 3 1/2 hours from now.

Do you think it's possible to tell the guy doing the ultrasound that I don't want him to hide the goods from me but not say out loud what it is, then have him put it in an envelope? My husband doesn't have much experience in looking at ultrasounds, so there's more of a chance I would be able to tell what it is and he wouldn't. But I wouldn't be 100% sure until we open the envelope together later. I don't know why I want to do it this way. I just really want to be able to see it for myself and first. I don't want this stranger to have the satisfaction of knowing before me either, although he probably will be able to see it and tell first. At least he won't be able to say it to me. I think I'm way overthinking all of this.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9531378

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to add. I'm thinking if we choose not to tell anyone IRL, that I'm not sure if I'll be able to put it online either. I really don't know if anyone knows I go on any of these sites or not. So if anyone wants to know I may have to PM you. I'll have to think about it.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac♥ View Post
    Thanks! The ultrasound is coming up soon, and has been on my mind a lot. I was hoping this week would go slow yet fast at the same time, and it has. Only 4 more days and 3 1/2 hours from now.

Do you think it's possible to tell the guy doing the ultrasound that I don't want him to hide the goods from me but not say out loud what it is, then have him put it in an envelope? My husband doesn't have much experience in looking at ultrasounds, so there's more of a chance I would be able to tell what it is and he wouldn't. But I wouldn't be 100% sure until we open the envelope together later. I don't know why I want to do it this way. I just really want to be able to see it for myself and first. I don't want this stranger to have the satisfaction of knowing before me either, although he probably will be able to see it and tell first. At least he won't be able to say it to me. I think I'm way overthinking all of this.
    I think it's a good idea to do it that way. I wish that I had with DS 4.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update:
    So I talked to my husband about my idea. He said he doesn't care whether we find out or not, or if we tell people. But if I find out he wants to know. He says he thinks he could tell at the ultrasound what it is without being told. So I came up with a new fun idea. We are going to tell the guy doing the ultrasound to show us but not tell us, then have him put in an envelope (like my other idea). But then we are going to go to a store and each of us is going to buy the other one a gift, which could be anything, but it has to show what we think the baby is (like pink or blue or whatever). Then we will open the gifts and then open the envelope together to see who is right. After I told him my idea, my husband asked what do we win if we are right, and I said the satisfaction of being right and he didn't seem satisfied with that. LOL! So I don't know? What would be a good prize for the winner? What if we are both right?
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac♥ View Post
    Update:
    So I talked to my husband about my idea. He said he doesn't care whether we find out or not, or if we tell people. But if I find out he wants to know. He says he thinks he could tell at the ultrasound what it is without being told. So I came up with a new fun idea. We are going to tell the guy doing the ultrasound to show us but not tell us, then have him put in an envelope (like my other idea). But then we are going to go to a store and each of us is going to buy the other one a gift, which could be anything, but it has to show what we think the baby is (like pink or blue or whatever). Then we will open the gifts and then open the envelope together to see who is right. After I told him my idea, my husband asked what do we win if we are right, and I said the satisfaction of being right and he didn't seem satisfied with that. LOL! So I don't know? What would be a good prize for the winner? What if we are both right?
    That sounds like a great plan. Sorry I don't have no suggestions for the winner lol.

Just want to wish you all the best for your ultrasound tomorrow
    DS1 + DS2
    IVF/PGD (3 probe PCR + ICSI). BCP; Lucrin; Puregon (125). ER 31/08: 20 - 19 Mature - 14 Fertilized.
    Total of 5 HB embryos sent for PGD. Results: 3 XY + 2 XX OHSS risk = NT. 1st Natural FET 08/11/11.
    1st POAS 7dp5dt= BFP. 1st Beta 10dp5dt = 226; 2nd Beta 13dp5dt = 988; 3rd Beta 17dp5dt = 4392
    1st U/S 6w1d HB 113bpm. 2nd U/S 7w6d HB 165bpm

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a lot of fun and a nice memory!

Good luck! ♥♥♥
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of something pink or blue. Since we originally found out via genetic test results I found out the gender over the phone. I packed a little box up with a tiny pink dress and a picture of the book character we'd decided to name a girl after. Then I took that to him at work. It would have been so much better if I hadn't been trying not to cry when I gave it to him, lol, but I think that it was sweet anyways.

Not sure what a good incentive for the winner is - I'd offer a smooch or romp in bed but that may not be all that unusual

Good luck at your scan tomorrow!!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe the winner gets both gifts?? OR the winner gets to decide when to tell everybody else the baby's sex and gets to be the one to share the news?

And if it's a tie, the person who got the other one the better gift gets to share the news...
    and my HT

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How did it go!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 8lilpigs View Post
    How did it go!!!