Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who was team green til birth and didn't get their desired gender??

So I was all over being team green but now I have an appt booked to find out! I'm excited because it's one I can bring my boys to and that will be really fun for them to experience.
    However, I'm still not sure it is the right decision!!
    I was set on waiting because I know it wasn't important at birth ( found out with others)
    My husband however thinks I'm fooling myself that I'll be really hormonal and may not have the reaction I think I will if in fact it is a boy! And I am thinking about it 24/7!!
    So question is: those who waited and did not get their desired gender... Was it worth it? Do you regret waiting? Did it take the gd away at the moment??
    I feel like I have gone thru this enough in my head that I am prepared to hear boy this time... But I don't want to regret finding out either and make this pregnancy more difficult!! It's going by slowly!!
    Thanks everyone! The sooner the better, I have a couple more days to cancel the appt!!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although in the end I chose to fine out. I was so close to being team green all the way. In the end I decided to find out because if it was a boy, I needed to prepare myself ... I thought about how I could possibly feel going through the emotions at the hospital. I didn't want to feel down after birth. I was also wracking my brain for 20 weeks about is it a boy? Is it a girl? My sway? All of it was making me more nuts than just finding out. Wishing you luck with your decision. You very well may get your desired gender. I did!!!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mydream, the limbo is killing me too! My hubby thinks its the right decision and said the tech could tell him and not me and I could decide later... So there's an option there too

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there

I have done both - I didn't find out for DS2 and I did find out for DS3. For me, finding out during the pregnancy was much, MUCH harder and I did regret finding out. I am sure part of the reason the GD was harder for me with DS3 was because I was even more desperate for a daughter by then and also had done a full on IG sway, but I do think finding out in pregnancy made it harder for me. With DS2 I was disappointed when he was born... my heart sunk when I saw his boy bits and I was disappointed... but I never cried at all and was in love with him straight away. It took about a week to stop feeling disappointed, but I did start bonding with him straight away. I felt that it took the shine off his first week, which was partly why I wanted to find out in the pregnancy next time around.

With DS3 I found out at 20 weeks and instantly went into the biggest period of grief I have experienced thus far in my life. I cried on and off for about 12 weeks, the first 4 days I was very very upset to the point that I could not leave the house at all (DH had to take time off work to do the school run and look after my boys for me) and after that I was intermittently tearful and very unhappy until about 32 weeks of pregnancy. From 32 weeks onwards I was less unhappy, but still not excited to be pregnant or enjoying the pregnancy. I did feel as though it completely ruined the pregnancy for me, and I really wished that I had not found out so early. I didnt feel bonded to the baby and didnt feel as though I had any need for a third DS. 20 weeks of limbo waiting for him to be born seemed like a LONG time and it was so hard to bond with him when the one and only thing I knew about him was the one thing I didnt want to know (that he was a boy).

When he was born I was absolutely fine. I was in love with him straight away and didnt have that moment of a sinking heart when I saw his boy bits - I completely accepted it by then. I had a better first week with him than I did with my DS2, but to be honest, for me, it didnt make up for the months of tears, grief and guilt I had endured during the very long pregnancy.

Next time around I am quite determined to either stay team green or only find out at 32 weeks or something. I just need the baby to be coming SOON if I find out that he is a boy, I cant do those endless months of grief and waiting again like I did last time. For me it is so much easier when they are in your arms and you can see their beautiful face.

This is all just my personal experience and obviously everyone is different but I would just say think about it carefully, because that loss of "hope" can be quite hard to take when mixed with pregnancy hormones etc.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose.
    Mummy to three beautiful little men :

And 2 beautiful both brought into my life by Gender Dreaming sways on the LE diet.

So grateful for this wonderful site with all the information on it. I am sure without this site I would not have my 2 beautiful girls.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i knew with all of mine and i hated the idea that i could feel disappointed with my gorgeous baby once he was here, emotions run high after birth and i wanted to be nothing but excited when i met my little one for the first time. Yes disappointment can happen (look at poor ZB and the guilt she felt towards her baby for emtions that were a natural reaction and it can affect bonding) especially if you have your hopes built up. My SIL wanted a girl (i am the only with kids in our family and they live a long way away so i suppose she wanted something different), they went team green and her dh told mine she really cried when she delivered him cause she wanted a girl and was so sure she'd get one. She bonded with him right away and he was only their first so they have plenty of chance for an opposite etc but even someone in that instance who hasn't said and still has plenty of attempts at the dg can be upset (and i don't think she was really that bothered either).

With ds2 i went team green but felt i wasn't bonding with my baby as i had done with ds1 as i realised it was because we knew ds1 by then, he had a personality and a name and seemed all the more real. So at my 36 week scan ds1 and i found out together - he got to home and tell daddy he'd met his brother today and it was such a special moment for our family, i was fine from then on - no gd at all that time as i wanted three and really wanted my son to have a brother so was excited and could picture my little family.

Good luck with whatever you choose x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! I've played all these scenarios out in my head! I really thought waiting was the best thing for me... But I'm hoping I'm not fooling myself that I can take the news during pregnancy!! I think I'll still get the scan as I was really wanting that for my ds1 but maybe hubby will just find out and I can decide later... Phew, that feels better

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if your not sure take your son and your hubby and enjoy the time to bond with your baby and asked them to write the gender down - that way you can decide in your own time and maybe knowing that you could know would be enough to scratch the itch x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what I wrote to another poster asking a similar question back in January:

Just my own 2 cents': We went Team Green with DS2 and I regret that. Even in the last few moments of pushing during labor, I was thinking, "Be a girl, be a girl ..."

And, to make it worse, right after the baby was born (and before they announced a gender), my delivery nurse said to someone else in the room, "She's doing great." And I thought, "Yes! 'She'!" But then my DH leaned in and said, "We have a son and it's going to be great" (he was trying to be reassuring, as he knew what I was hoping for). So, yeah, the nurse was talking about *me* ... *I* was "she."

Anyhow, I bawled and bawled and bawled until my eyes were swollen. At least no one looked at me funny since it's perfectly normal for a mom to cry after delivery. And certainly the tears were partially due to big feelings of love ... but I also had big, big feelings of disappointment. And I feel like that was a cloud that hung over the first several weeks of my DS2's life ... and that's time I don't get back. So next time around, which will be our last, I do want to find out via ultrasound (we didn't find out with DS1, either, although a health condition meant I got a ton of ultrasounds in the last few weeks of pregnancy and twice I had nurses slip up and mention "boy" so I was 95% sure in advance). I want to have that time to adjust to the idea, if he is our third son, so that by the time he is born I can just be in the frame of mind to love him and soak up the newness of our last baby.

I think a person is just going to feel a certain level of disappointment if you don't get your desired gender. It's just a matter of when you feel better equipped to handle that feeling ... midway through pregnancy or after birth (which, you know, has lots of crazy hormones and a sore body and sleepless nights ... a hard time to also deal with sadness).

Sending lots of pink thoughts for you, without a speck of sadness in sight!!!

As planned, this time I did find out. We did hear "girl," so it was absolutely worth it. I am now out of the "what is it???" stage and able to be excited about this new arrival in our family. But if we had heard "boy," I still believe it would have been the right choice for us. I already learned that being Team Green and not getting your desired gender can be reaaaaally tough, so I was ready to try something different.

At the very least, have the tech put the gender shot in an envelope. Then you can make the decision at any time you want.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks dramabird that was honestly very enlIghtening! Of course today ive been going back and forth in my mind and I thought I would read what you wrote again. I would rather deal now because I don't want the guilt of being a little sad to be there and ruin those new moments! I didn't care last time at birth what he was... But I also knew he was a he so no surprises!! Thanks a lot for your post

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When is your u/s cocoo?
    Now SIXbabies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast